• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Getting Made Fun of for Zelda

At school the other day I was talking to my friend about Zelda. Then this one guy came to crash our conversation by saying that Zelda is lame and stupid. "It's so easy!" he said. He said that call of duty could buy Zelda then sell it back for a billion bucks. This has been happening for a while now. People making fun of me because I like zelda. I had this one friend who had never played Zelda and just assumed that it was stupid. About a year later he came over to my house and I showed hi Oot. I made him a file and after that he had caved in. He loved Zelda. He's just recently beat Oot and he's gonna buy MM (wii shop). Tell me guys, do people make fun of you for playing Zelda? Have you Ever changed someones mind about the game. Please tell me!

Fierce

Deity Link
I used to be made fun of in Elementary school for loving video games, yes. They even stole my OOT 'Link' keychain I got from Nintendo Power and I cried. (lol true story)
But it was never specifically Zelda related.

All my friends now in days love Zelda, nerd or not, and have the utmost respect for the series.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
At the bully be like:
Pics or it didn't happen!
Any time he talks down Zelda. Any time he says anything. Any time he opens his mouth.

So he tries Zelda just to shut you up. And he fails because it's not just another FPS. And he is humbled.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I consider getting made fun of for playing Zelda like being a martyr somewhat. I just shrug it off my back. I know Zelda's an awesome series, so those making fun of me are missing out. The joke's on them.

At the bully be like:
Pics or it didn't happen!
Any time he talks down Zelda. Any time he says anything. Any time he opens his mouth.

So he tries Zelda just to shut you up. And he fails because it's not just another FPS. And he is humbled.

What? I totally didn't understand that.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Mentioning Zelda among with Call of Duty in one context should tell you one thing; This guy is a nutshell.

There isn't any person among my friends who is making fun about a Zelda game. Most of them love the games just like I do. As I said before, the games are highly acclaimed in Germany. Don't let you get offended by some of these nutshells. You know that the Zelda games are all great. That's what count.

RHhylian

Guru-Guru's strange son
At my school, everybody thinks I'm a baby because I play Zelda instead of Call of Duty. But they don't know a thing about the series. Anyways, they think every Nintendo game is for little baby's. But there was 1 guy who also thought Zelda was stupid but then he played TP and now he's hooked to it ! Why do people always prejudice Zelda !

S

Sheik

At school the other day I was talking to my friend about Zelda. Then this one guy came to crash our conversation by saying that Zelda is lame and stupid. "It's so easy!" he said. He said that call of duty could buy Zelda then sell it back for a billion bucks. This has been happening for a while now. People making fun of me because I like zelda. I had this one friend who had never played Zelda and just assumed that it was stupid. About a year later he came over to my house and I showed hi Oot. I made him a file and after that he had caved in. He loved Zelda. He's just recently beat Oot and he's gonna buy MM (wii shop). Tell me guys, do people make fun of you for playing Zelda? Have you Ever changed someones mind about the game. Please tell me!

Over the years, I've discovered that people who make ignorant comments like that, about anything, are not worth talking to and should be ignored. Honestly.

Nintendo games unfortunately have always had a reputation for being too "kiddy". The guy probably made fun of you to make him feel better about himself, so just ignore it.

Most gamers I know like Call of Duty and other games as much as the next guy, but the Zelda series has always been highly regarded as some of the best games in video game history.

My brother makes fun of me for playing Zelda. He's never even played 10 seconds of any Zelda game. He just assumes it's stupid and won't even gve it a try.
That's why he's an idiot! :P

Haha, my brother was the same way, until I went out of town for a few weeks and he decided to check out Twilight Princess on my Wii. He got hooked and started calling me every few days asking me for tips on what to do next lol

Jedizora

:right:
No. Although my Friends do Say that I am obssed with it, I have gotten a few of my firnds (And Family members) into Zelda. And baout Shooting games and Zelda? I could make a entire thing about that, but thats off topic. Maybe one day.

DLC

Soul Drummer.
Yes. For Nintendo in general actually. the guy that makes fun of me though, he actually has no friends, so yeah. sure it's kiddish, but we're all entititled to our own opinion, so yeah.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Well, most of my friends this it's funny, but they don't make fun of it in a mean way, I know they are joking.
I generally don't tell people I don't like that I like Zelda, because that gives them leverage to pick on you.
I've met 3 girls who love Zelda. The rest of them go, "What's Zelda?" and all the other people that like Zelda at my school are less than reputable characters.
The best advice I can give is just keep quiet around him. Either that or make fun of CoD or something.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
No one's made fun of me for playing Zelda. But listen to this...oh man.....Little kids TAUNT me cuz i play Zelda, becuase the only game they know is Call of Duty. People these days just don't know what a video game is and for lack of better words, those people call us "Nostalgia***s" (Sry for the word, but i had to use it) like it's a bad thing people like us value important series that made what video games are today. People MAKE fun of Wii owners bc the system is for "babies, and little children". But what they don't know - and this kills me - that Nintendo has ALWAYS made games that appeal to ALL audiences. Just because Zelda isn't just another uncreative first person shooter, ppl tend to bash it.

How can ANYONE possibly compare great video games such as Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Sonic, Metal Gear (both the old school and new), and many others to Call of Duty, Resistance, Halo.....Im not saying these games are bad, it's just they're not AS creative as the most famous series are. Take Call of Duty for example. I know people that were WOWED by the story, but playing games that I know have a good story and comparing it to Call of Duty, Call of Duty's story is simple, predictable, and not well thought out at all. The only thing Call of Duty is good for is its online functions. games like Resistance, Fallout, Killzone are often forgettable games, whereas modern adventure games like Uncharted are VERY memorable for their excellent gameplay and story.

Bottom line is, that if you're made fun for playing Zelda, don't worry because as long as YOU KNOW that you're playing a superior game and a game that is dear to you, you've already won. Take pride in playing Zelda! :)

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
At school the other day I was talking to my friend about Zelda. Then this one guy came to crash our conversation by saying that Zelda is lame and stupid. "It's so easy!" he said. He said that call of duty could buy Zelda then sell it back for a billion bucks.
Why the heck is that guy butting in on random conversaitions on topics he thinks he knows anything about. First of all, an easy game is not automatically "lame and stupid". Zelda games simpily are not appealing to him but the world doesn't revolve around him. If first person shooters were not so popular someone could just as easily make fun of him for liking them. I could ran't about him and others like him for hours, but that not the topic of this thread.

In my community everyone I know plays video games. No one get picked on for playing a certain kind of game but if you were to talk nonstop about one game or series people would think you're weird. So it's nootthe games themselves but fanboyism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom