• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Getting Lost

Have you ever gotten lost before? If so how many times? How long were you lost? Did you get any help or did you find a way back on your own? How scary was it? I only gotten lost twice that I remember. Once was in summer of 2012 with my grandparents in the country and the other was today. Here is the story from today.

I got lost in the country today. I've started to drive again recently and the more I've been driving the more I've been going more out of my comfort zone and driving in the country. I decided to take a road from my town into the country and just go straight down it until I find a place to turn and go down the same road. I got to a place where the road goes straight but kind of curves off I went down the curve and made it to a nearby town. I found a parking lot in a church and I decided to go back down the same road I came as part of the original plan so I wouldn't get lost. I took a wrong turn on that road somewhere and It lead to me getting lost in the country for an hour. The country was like a giant maze with country and farm land as far as I could see. I drove for a while and finally made it to a small village where I texted a friend. He said I was close by so he gave me directions and I barley found his house. I drove past his house once and he saw me drive past and told me to turn and around and drive back. I turned around and saw him standing in his yard in the country. I talked to him for 20 minutes. He gave me directions back and he was a direction off and texted the right direction to go but I didn't realize it so I made it to a two way turn street and turned in the nearest driveway I could and drove back to his house. Witch I'm very happy I made it back to his farm got the right direction and made it home 20 minuets later. I'm lucky I was in the same area he lived in by chance. I was probably 20 minuets away from home the whole hour.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
a recent time in the past few years was when my friend needed a ride to somewhere in LA, I tried to pre-plan a route to get there and then see if I can follow it back, I dropped off my friend, then I tried to follow the streets back but the street I was following just basically ended, eventually I found myself in a neighborhood going in circles before needing to stop to think out things, my phone didn't have internet so the GPS was no help, I just basically looked at the map to see what loaded and tried to figure it out from there [the map did not keep track of where I was]

I eventually found the route I took and was good from there, but that was probably a 20 or so minute span where I was completely lost and didn't know where I was, I was a bit nervous but at the least, I wasn't terribly far from home, it was less than an hour away

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
One time I watched a movie downtown alone at night and I forgot where I'd parked and my phone ran out of power and I walked through a homeless encampment trying to find the lot I'd parked in.

I eventually managed to figure out where my car was, but it was kind of unnerving being lost without a charged phone.

I've been lost a couple of times but I just keep a level head and ask around, use my phone for maps if I can or try and retrace my steps.

Luckily I've never been lost in a foreign language place or have been without my phone.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i occasionally get lost trying to get somewhere in the city and its generally somewhat unpleasant. I typically just walk in the direction i think my neighbourhood is until i know where i am and then get to wherever i'm going

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Not too much lately. The last time I got lost I stopped the car and turned on the navigation. I was only 5 minutes away from my destination. Most of the time I figure out what way to go if I'm lost

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Last year I went to Seoul, South Korea for a weekend kind of on a whim to change visas for Japan.

I arrived at around midnight and didn’t have myself any wifi or internet connection organized - just a piece of paper with the name of the hotel. I didn’t even know how to say hello in Korean but decided I’d try my luck getting to the hotel anyways.

Basically I got off the bus from the airport to the city and spent a few hours in the darkness of the night aimlessly wandering Seoul in -10 degree weather looking for my hotel with no clue what I was doing and no ability to communicate with anyone.

Eventually I stumbled across it somehow and then called up a Korean friend of mine who decided to come meet up and we went out to get some Korean fried chicken and visit a 24/7 Korean gaming/Internet cafe to play some Overwatch and hang for a while.

Living before the times of the Internet must have been rough...

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Once I was lost in my own city. I panicked a bit. But I finally asked route from a truck to and found the way back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom