• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Getting Back into the Swing of Things: Which Game Do You Recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Okay, so I've a history with Pokémon - played all titles including BW2. However I have had a falling out with the series after visiting a wonderful board called GameFAQs: it woke me up to the bad practices that Nintendo employs with each "generation". So I stopped playing the games and now I don't knoww hat to do. I believe I want to start playing the games again; not for competition but for recreation, like a 2 hours per month sort of thing.

Which game do you recommend for an oldtimer gettng back into the series?

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Most of the Fanboi pining for the past I've seen points to Gen 3. Personally, I'd go for HeartGold or SoulSilver, For an upgraded classic feel that works on modern hardware.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Even though I'm not a fan of the series anymore I would definitely recommend one of the games from the 3rd gen (Sapphire, Ruby and Emerald). For me these where the most enjoyable and the actual "Pokemon" of this gen where by far the best in my opinion.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Well, since I know you really like yourself some Chikorita, I would go with Gen II remakes. I would also recommend D/P/P, because they're my favorites and quite possibly the best games in the main series. Also, if you're looking for something more recreational, I recommend looking into some of the spin-offs.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
As much as I love Gen 3, I still suggest HeartGold and SoulSilver. Nothing really beats the feeling of having your pokemon walk with you.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
You are already know what you're expecting since you have played them, so it's hard to recommend you a game to get back into the series. I will just say start from the order in which they were released to see how things have changed.

Also, I didn't think you were the type of person to let others influence your opinion on things, gamefaqs are full of critics. And a lot of Pokemon haters reside there. If you wanna try something different try the ranger series. Though try as I might I couldn't stay interested for too long with any of them. You might though.

This might be a stretch, by why not wait for Pokémon X & Y to come out or any new spin-off that is set to be released? Whenever I play a Pokémon game again, I tend to get significantly bored with it compared to playing it for the very first time, probably because I know what I'm doing and I pretty much want to get on with it.

However if I had to recommend a game for recreational purposes, I'd go for any Gen 3 Pokémon game. Although I do like Gen V alot, for me Gen III was the generation that I had the most fun with, especially with linking capabilities with the GameCube games. Normally I'd recommend Black and White 2, but to get back into the series I'd recommend playing any Gen III Pokémon game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hmm...that's a diversified set of opinions. I still don't know what I should go with, but I got answers here in case I'm still looking. :yes:

Thanks all. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom