• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Get Together and Make an Original Fan Game, ZD?

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Ah I wish I could help but I only know PHP really. I can probably learn UnrealScript though (we're using UDK, right?). I know a couple other scripting languages (I know a bit of RGSS2 (RPGMaker), and I know BYOND coding if you've ever heard of it), I'm sure with some practice I could learn. I'll let you guys know if I get around to it.

Unreal Script/ Kismet is probably what we'll end up going with. Kismet is close to C # or ++ though so it shouldn't be too far of a stretch for any one familiar with those languages or general programming experience. (or was it the unreal that was close, am I getting it backwards?)

Either way we're going to need some one who can handle unreal script/ kismet

And we're going to need some one who can handle it if we wanna make a great product in UDK

balloonofwar4

The Mystical Man-Fairy
Hey guys, just wanted to revive this pretty much dead thread.

If you want to help, join the ZD Community Game Project Group. We need a little bit of everything to be honest, but concept artists and programmers are in biggest demand right now. We are starting to model a few things, and a world map is slowly being created. Also, we are making NPCs based on real ZD staff and users. Ask us to put you in, and we will based on your description of the character. We would appreciate your help.

And also, guys who said you wanted to help in the beginning, come back!

ThatOneNerd

Guardian Deity
I wrote a fan game a few years ago.
Link is a knight in training at Hyrule Castle, and is good friends with Princess Zelda. One day, Zelda shows Link a hidden room in the castle where the Master Sword is hidden. At that moment, Ganondorf invades Hyrule, and in one fell sweep, the hope of the kingdom vanishes. Ganondorf corners Link and Zelda in the Master Swors chamber and begins to demand the Triforce. Link rushes and try's to draw the Master Sword from its pedestal, but is unable since he hasn't proven himself a hero. As he attempts to draw the sword, a gateway to the sacred realm opens and pulls him in. Link is met with the Triforce, high tells him that if he wants to wield the legendary blade, he must first overcome three trials. He is then warped to a pseudo Hyrule within the sacred realm to test his worth. After completing the trials of the goddesses, Link is given the ability to go home and claim the Master Sword. However, Ganon enters the reopened portal and steals a piece of the Triforce. Link then searches both Hyrule and the pseudo Hyrule for a way to defeat the dark king, Ganon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom