• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Get Together and Make an Original Fan Game, ZD?

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Oops, sorry I'm so late! I use Autodesk 3ds Max mainly, but I've had experience with other Autodesk products.

3D probably isn't the best option for this as everyone seems to be set on 2D, and nobody really has experience with 3D as far as I can see. I'd still be happy to help, though!
3ds max, I can respect that, I've had some slight 3d experience some years ago mostly just goofing around out of boredom.

If you wanted to 3d model, and were willing to put in enough work, to make models and stuff, I could use UDK to create the over world. (I'm a fairly quick learner and I"m not entirely unfamiliar via use of similar products like 10 years ago)
And we do have a couple of people here who know how to program C# and C++.

And we do have people who can do music.

It might not actually be impossible to make the 3d game. Programming triggered events in 3D isn't really any more complicated then it is in 2D.
====================================
Do we have concept artist? People who can draw really good? Both me and blitz are going to need it. If we do 3d.

Cause the more I look into it, the work for the 3d game, is really more a matter of extra art work needed to be done.

balloonofwar4

The Mystical Man-Fairy
You all know I am totally down for making this thing 3D. Is UDK really free? Like with no big catches (like Gamemaker)? Because I really do not want to pay a lot of money to make this.
I could use UDK to create the over world.
Like I said in your recruitment thread, I could design the overworld and you could map it. I can also draw concept art for you and blitzplum.

This is a community project so no one person should do any one thing, people can make concepts and design maps and over worlds but those designs should be brought together so that they may be chosen by popular demand, votes or even merged together, there needs to be organized groups for each area and when the game is 100% planed out that's when development should start, we as a community should form the final concepts based off votes and popular demand.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
You all know I am totally down for making this thing 3D. Is UDK really free? Like with no big catches (like Gamemaker)? Because I really do not want to pay a lot of money to make this.

Like I said in your recruitment thread, I could design the overworld and you could map it. I can also draw concept art for you and blitzplum.

UDK is really free. And you don't get a gimped version of it by using it for free either. The only stipulation is that if you use it for commercial use, then you have to pay licensing fees. Since we aren't planning to sell the game, we can use it for free.

Sure if you wanna draw up some landscapes, that could be helpful.

This is a community project so no one person should do any one thing, people can make concepts and design maps and over worlds but those designs should be brought together so that they may be chosen by popular demand, votes or even merged together, there needs to be organized groups for each area and when the game is 100% planed out that's when development should start, we as a community should form the final concepts based off votes and popular demand.

It can still be managed and be a community project.

We still need a director for the different sub groups of work to be done, simply to keep things moving and organized.

Any one is welcome to give concept art and input to the project, I don't want it to come off as I'm trying to exclude people.

This isn't a small project, or a collage of works, if we want to ever get done, we need to do it smart.

Again if you have concept art, you're more then welcome to submit it as is any one. But lets not crowd our main discussion of the project with walls of story text, as a guy who likes to write I understand how exciting it can be to have an outlet. I really do. But history has shown that most games the begin with the concept of a story, tend to be less good then games that develop the story around the game (Miyamoto's philosophies 101)
===============================================================

Come Join the Community Game Project Group
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/groups/1790-zd+community+game+project/
Any one is welcome to come and post.

Last edited:

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
The SS duo are long gone, so is their son. This takes place like thousands of years after the end of SS. And you seem to support the Zelink in SS, so why do you not like that idea? That seems...odd.
Oh, I misunderstood the time frame, I suppose. So is Fletcher thousands of years old? That's all I'm not understanding. XD

Heroine of Time- I never thought of an editor before. This has given me new job ideas. You could definitely edit our story (once we all agree on one). Also, once we pump out the game you can be our alpha/beta tester. If you want to help with plot, post your ideas on this thread or on the Plot Ideas thread..
Sounds good. ^^

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
For the group? Well Jade will have to do that since he created it. But just for your own profile pic you would have to go into your setting up there by notifications and stuff, and then there'll be a bar to the left. Look for Edit Profile Picture. Then just upload a pic from your PC and tada. For Avatars and Sigs its the same thing, just look for Edit Avatar or Edit Signature for those.

This project is going to be very messy at first, a system must be developed and then every one contributing must moderate the amount of input they supply other wise we will end up with an overwhelming amount of input and ideas, I have already decided to drastically narrow down my ideas to those with the most potential based off what has worked in the actual series, that said there is a possibility that this project won't happen as making a video game especially one that would likely have the game mechanics and details which there are many to choose from that are used in the series will not be an easy task especially if the design team is made up of people scattered all over the place and are all dying to see their ideas made into reality, moderation and organization is what we will need.

balloonofwar4

The Mystical Man-Fairy
This project is going to be very messy at first, a system must be developed and then every one contributing must moderate the amount of input they supply other wise we will end up with an overwhelming amount of input and ideas, I have already decided to drastically narrow down my ideas to those with the most potential based off what has worked in the actual series, that said there is a possibility that this project won't happen as making a video game especially one that would likely have the game mechanics and details which there are many to choose from that are used in the series will not be an easy task especially if the design team is made up of people scattered all over the place and are all dying to see their ideas made into reality, moderation and organization is what we will need.

Exactly. That is why we made an organized Group for the devs. If you want to join, you are more than welcome to.

balloonofwar4

The Mystical Man-Fairy
Legend of Zelda: Dungeon.Net or The Dungeon Project

Title: Unconfirmed

Engine: UDK

Dimension: 2.5D

Development Team: Balloonofwar4, The Jade Fist, Dragoncat, Raindrop14, Clank, Ihateghirahim, LittleGumball, Fred Flinstone, Blitzplum

Jobs Occupied: Project Manager, Head Designer, Modeler(s), Programmer(s), Concept Artist(s), Story Designer(s), Audio Designer(s), Level Designer(s)

Jobs Needed: Story Editor(s), Alpha/Beta Tester(s), Music Designer(s), Item Designer(s), Programmer(s), Story Designer(s), Audio Designer(s), Level Designer(s)

Contact Devs: ZD Fan Game forum thread, ZD Fan Game Group, PM

Contact Balloonofwar4(Head Designer) privately: Email at [email protected].

Balloonofwar4 when I said this project was going to be messy I had already taken into consideration that the group is already a means of organization but what I was trying to convey was that a higher level of organization and moderation of imput will be needed to make this project a less difficult task, that said the group will likely do a good job for organization but the amount of imput may need to be moderated if it reaches a point where it is a rather large task to sift through it all for the gems and bars of gold that will be the building blocks of this project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom