• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gerudo

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Well have you guys thought it was something traditional or some crap you enherit

it would make no sense for it to be a tradition because that would imply that they get to choose the gender of their children which seems very unlikely.

and my second theory deals with the whole "inherit" thing except they dont inherit it, they are just created to only have one male every 100 years for no reason.

i agree with Bellum, though, i like my 3rd theory the best. it seems the most likely.

mewtwolord

Hello World
it would make no sense for it to be a tradition because that would imply that they get to choose the gender of their children which seems very unlikely.

and my second theory deals with the whole "inherit" thing except they dont inherit it, they are just created to only have one male every 100 years for no reason.ShellShocker: Where are you up to in OoT, Bellum?

i agree with Bellum, though, i like my 3rd theory the best. it seems the most likely.

xD
and my second theory deals with the whole "inherit" thing except they dont inherit it, they are just created to only have one male every 100 years for no reason.ShellShocker: Where are you up to in OoT, Bellum?
thats me in dreamland xD.Well i've come up with something elselike it say balh blah only females balh dude born like every 100 years balh maybe its like something that only happens like once a life time or something special.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
xD
thats me in dreamland xD.Well i've come up with something elselike it say balh blah only females balh dude born like every 100 years balh maybe its like something that only happens like once a life time or something special.

probably the sloppiest post ive ever seen...i dont understand what youre trying to say at all...

mewtwolord

Hello World
Well maybe you know how there are diffrent gerudo women .Well maybe like in that 100th year there is like a chosen or special gerudo that gives birth to a male

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I"m back on and zemens third statement seems the most possible to me. I could kinda understand his post.But it must have something to do with the Gerudo's and the Goddeses, also if the goddesse make sure the gerudo only have 1 male 100 years isn't that kinda like a curse.This is making me change my mind ove and over and over again

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
They hate males.
'nuff said. :P
Just kidding, maybe just some tradition, but as Bellum said:
[quote="bellum]one of the stones near the Temple of time says that sometimes Gerudo come to Castle town to get boyfriends[/quote]
Which kinda changes my theory.

My question is is how do they all give birth. Are they all surrogate? If so, then that means all Gerudos are part Hylian or some other race.

I know this is kind of off topic, and I'm not sure if someone else posted something like this. But I'll say it anyways.

There's a gossip stone (I think it's front of the Temple of Time, correct me if I'm wrong) that says that the Gerudo go to town to find boyfriends.
So that's how the Gerudo have children.

Edit: Whoops, someone already posted something like this. Oh well.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
yeah oh well but it doesn't matter well I"m off too dodongo's cavern to screw with dodongos and my mirror shield and after that I"m gonna get the mask of truth but anyways that is how gerudo's reproduce they get boyfriends from castle town and then have babies the end well heres the catch did you know koume(part of twinrova)is ganondorfs mother

Last edited:

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
yeah oh well but it doesn't matter well I"m off too dodongo's cavern to screw with dodongos and my mirror shield and after that I"m gonna get the mask of truth but anyways that is how gerudo's reproduce they get boyfriends from castle town and then have babies the end well heres the catch did you know koume(part of twinrova)is ganondorfs mother

koume and kotake are his serrogate mother. they have magic which might explain why he does. they are the only three Gerudo to ever display and acts of magic (with the exception of Nabooru who doesnt really have magic til she awakens as a sage).

this still doesnt help explain why there is only one male every 100 years.

also, if the Gerudo were created this way then its not exactly a curse because they never knew any different.

humans cant fly because we werent created to fly. that doesnt mean its a curse that we cant fly. they were created to only give birth to one male every 100 years. they are used to it and dont know any better so its not a curse to them. its the norm.

S

Shawnogohma

and shawnagohma um one of the stones near the Temple of time says that sometimes Gerudo come to Castle town to get boyfriends, That is how they give birth.I also though of something like killing them, well I said just not making Gerudo, but your Idea is Fine enough I guess.
Uh....thanks? :| No need to tell me.

Anyway, why aren't there more Gerudo kings (leaders)?

My answer would be because Ganondorf was only king of the Gerudos for a short time. Once he was sealed into the sacred realm, the Gerudos no longer had a king, and would have to wait another hundred years until they could have another man leading them, and during those hundred years the Gerudo race was somehow wiped out before that time could go by. So that must explain why there isn't any Gerudos in TP. (Assuming Twilight Princess takes place around thirty to forty years after OoT.)

zeldusfanaticus

im the puppet master
perhaps 100 years is time it takes for a male gerudo to develop the gentic matierial in the sperm for a son, or its just a by chance thing the theres a 1 in 100 chance of a male being born. As with males from other species, it says they can get all boyfreind girlfreind type, im pretty sure it says nothing about babies, the genes might not be compatible. Or just like horses and donkeys they make a mule(and something else, has to do with which is the male) but a mule is incapable of having baby mules, maybe its the same with gerudo/hylian, they have babies but those cant reproduce. all these are possible explanations for the gerudo dissapearing from Hyrule.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Uh....thanks? :| No need to tell me.

Anyway, why aren't there more Gerudo kings (leaders)?

My answer would be because Ganondorf was only king of the Gerudos for a short time. Once he was sealed into the sacred realm, the Gerudos no longer had a king, and would have to wait another hundred years until they could have another man leading them, and during those hundred years the Gerudo race was somehow wiped out before that time could go by. So that must explain why there isn't any Gerudos in TP. (Assuming Twilight Princess takes place around thirty to forty years after OoT.)

well we know it takes place after OoT as the creators have told us it takes place 100 years after OoT.

and i dont understand why you answered a question that no one really asked... the topic of the thread is WHY the 100 year thing exists. you have yet to make a post that is actually on that topic.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Threads merged

The whole "every 100 gerudo male" thing is already discussed in this thread.
There is no need to make a separate thread about it.

second, please if you are discussing a subject, please do it in a proper way.
Do not reply off topic posts, that way its looks more like a chatbox convo rather then a thread.

Johnny Boy

Doctor JB!
Yeah, I thought about this too when I first played through the game.
They're all women. If there is no man, they would all die out.
Then again, it is just game, so I'm not going to much into detail with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom