• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gerudo in Twilight Princess?

bubblecrash

Oh no its back
i've been trying to figure out why the gerudo aren't in twilight princess lately. the bartender lady (can't remember her name right now -_-) looks like she could be one of them but otherwise theres no real mention of them other than the gerudo desert and some mention that ganon was from a band of theives. with the timeline theory of TP coming after Oot it makes sense that they could of died off or something but im thinking that they have desendants but they aren't what they were in OoT. what do you guys think?

Well, the only transportation to the desert was by cannon in TP, so the Gerudo were stuck in the desert and couldn't get to the town to find fruits, vegetables, and sexual partners, so they couldn't eat or reproduce.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Yeah, life was waaaaaay more easier in OoT when all they had to do was cross over a bridge, across Hyrule Field, then they could just raid Castle Town and take what they wanted. . . . (and was probably fun to watch, or be the one stealing.)

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
We had a huge thread in the theory section about the gerudo tribe in TP. Too bad i can't find it anymore.

Its about that the Gerudo is actually the Twili. Now it is unclear if the why or how the gerudo mastered magic, the only gerudo who could use magic is Koume & Kotake and Ganondorf himself.

But these are the facts that support that theory:

1. Midna talked about a banished tribe (gerudo in this case) and Arbiter Grounds was in Gerudo desert.
2. The Ancient Sages stated that Ganondorf led them in an invasion of Hyrule in order to establish dominion over the Sacred Realm.
3. Midna's line before she stabs Zant: "Do you forget that our ancestors lost their king to such greed?"

Indications:
1. Zant actually has a Gerudo Symbol, check this image.
2. Midna's true form actually looks like a Gerudo, especialy the red hair.
3. Ganondorfs magic resembles alot like the Twili magic, especialy the warp partical thingy...

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
But these are the facts that support that theory:

1. Midna talked about a banished tribe (gerudo in this case) and Arbiter Grounds was in Gerudo desert.
2. The Ancient Sages stated that Ganondorf led them in an invasion of Hyrule in order to establish dominion over the Sacred Realm.
3. Midna's line before she stabs Zant: "Do you forget that our ancestors lost their king to such greed?"
I have no idea what you're referring to with #2, and #3 was a mistranslation. She really said that the current king (before Zant took power) was afraid of Zant's greed.

P

PikaLink

That could be from the evolution of the gerudos when they were banished to the twilight realm if they were, but I think that the idea of the tribe dying out because there was no way to survive when they couldn't get back to town to steal food and men is more likely.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
In The Wind Waker, Ganondorf specifically said that his race was dying during the time of Ocarina of Time. So yeah, they're all most likely dead in Twilight Princess (except for ol' Ganny of course, well at least until the end...)

We are talking about TP. TP is the future of the child timeline while WW is of the adult timeline. In other words, TP has no connection with WW whatsoever.

Also i cannot remember that gonondorf said such a thing in WW. The only thing i can remember talking about his own tribe is near the end of the game:
"My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here. I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted! Already, the crest of wisdom is mine... All that remains..."

I have no idea what you're referring to with #2, and #3 was a mistranslation. She really said that the current king (before Zant took power) was afraid of Zant's greed.

I copied those quotes of zeldapedia. I don't see what you mean with mistranslation, prehaps the japnese version is different or something?
Here is the article about the gerudo and the theory about the Twili.
And here is the article of zeldawiki

In case you didn't notice, Midna had a pale bluish skin, gerudos had dark brown or green skin, so the Twili probably aren't Gerudos.
Also, they have more than one male at a time.

Wow, what an argument to support your statement...
Lets be a little open minded here. The red hair is just an indicator that Midna is a descendant of the gerudo tribe. Pretty much like how red eyes are an indicator to sheikah. And i think the fact that the evolution of the zora to rito is more radical then the evolution of gerudo to twili.

But to awnser to your skin statement, she is born in the twilight realm not in the desert. Skin is not only based on genetics you know.

Last edited:
Not to sound obvious, but perhaps the Gerudo are simply in another part of the desert.

Maybe the Gerudo symbol on Zant is a sign that he worships Ganon.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
I suspect that the Gerudos are extinct by the time of Twilight Princess. As RegalBryant pointed out, a Gossip Stone in Ocarina of Time says that the Gerudos go to Castle Town to seek partners, as all of them were female. Since at some point between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, the path between Gerudo Valley and Hyrule was blocked off, there would only be one male every one hundred years, which is not enough to sustain such a population.

As for Telma being a Gerudo, I consider it unlikely that she is full-blooded Gerudo, but I would say that her appearance suggests that she is at least part Gerudo, probably being one of the last of the Gerudo bloodline.

maybe the gerudo meshed with the hylians after time. after OoT, and Ganondorf being sentenced to death, the gerudo women could have all moved to Hyrule Castle Town to get away from the desert and its tough history

Hey guys it is ZeldaHunter again. This theory is about Gerudo in Twilight Princess. I am here to share my thoughts on this theory. I actually think there were Gerudo in Twilight Princess. But they're all dead. When you first enter Gerudo Desert you'll see the place in ther north is overrun by Bulblins. I actually think the Bulblins killed the Gerudo. Cause' the place in the north looks like it could've been a village (where Gerudo lived) but when Bulblins came, they turned it into their hideout. That's where Link comes in and beats the living snot out of the Bulblins. Yeah, so that's my theory, PEACE :)

I really think they just died out. It would have been mentioned if there were any in game. With that whole ridge suddenly appearing, they were pretty much left stuck, not able to get any food. And no sexual partners led to their eventual extinction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom