• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

George A. Romero

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
What are your opinions on the work and influence of George A. Romero (May he rest in peace)? He directed such films as Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Creepshow, and a ton of others. He has influenced both movie and game makers, mostly in the zombie sub-genre of horror.

He was a legend, many others have made many better zombie films but he set the standard and created something that became incredibly important to media culture.

I'll be in he minority here but my favourite Romero zombie flick is Diary of the Dead. That film got utterly crucified, granted its not a very good film, but i think people missed the point of it.

The time is now to worry about that zombie apocalypse. If anyone is coming back its him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't have much to add to what Spirit has said already. He was the pioneer of the genre. Yes there are better Zombie movies out there but i dont think you will find any that aren't influenced somewhat if not inspired by his work.

My favourite is probably Land of The Dead though mainly because it has John Leguizamo in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom