• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Geography Comparisons

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
lolgeography, but whatever, it's fun. I don't feel like drawing circles to match things up, maybe I'll do that later when I'm bored.

zwu-worldmap-640x393.png

First, we have LoZ, upon which this game is based.

400px-Hyrule_First_Quest.png

The coastline is similar, but that's about it. ZWU has two lakes in the same orientation as LoZ's one lake. Death Mountain and the desert are switched.

Have anything more to say about this comparison? Please post others too. It lines up nicely with WW, for example.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Hear me out. New Hyrule.

zwu-worldmap-640x393.png
Full_Rail_Map.png

It seems to me like these maps match up. The coastal area is located in a similar place (granted the Wii U version climbs up the east side of the map more and the Spirit Track version has more water, we could just assume these changes occurred over a long time?), assuming that reddish smudge in the upper right is a volcano, the volcanoes match up, assuming the upper left whitish area is snowy mountains, the snowy areas match up, and the bottom left of each could be a more grassy area.

Also
Zelda-Wii-U-E3-Reveal-1-1280x720.jpg

Assuming Link is looking northwest (which is reinforced by the Wii U map) and the shiny mountainous area to Link's left is a snowy mountain range, the layout seems to match up. Even Hyrule Castle which can be seen if you look closely is in the same spot.

Just a thought :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom