• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler General Resident Evil 6 Discussion Thread

Resident Evil 4 and 5 were virtually completely devoid of any atmospheric or psychological horror, so I really don't want Resident Evil 6 to be like them, and have been pretty skeptical about it. Revelations, from what I've played of the demo, improved this problem a little bit, but the trailer for 6 honestly doesn't make me very optimistic.

Most aspects of the trailer seem... decent. Particularly in the early portions. But by the time the trailer is halfway done it just makes the game seem like an epic action story, which is simply not what Resident Evil should be (not the main series; I have no beef with Mercenaries or Operation Raccoon City). The last straw was when I saw "The Incredible Hulk" break through a freaking wall and try to smash everyone. It just doesn't look like it's going to have any of the things that I like Resident Evil for.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope Revelations marks a good new direction for the series that 6 will also follow, and that the action stuff doesn't completely overshadow actual horror elements, but I honestly don't have a lot of faith in this game. -.-

I see you are following in my footsteps, dazzsheil. :P I honestly believe there should be threads dedicated to specific games in this subforum. Lively discussion is always appreciated.

Axelle the Breast said:
Revelations, from what I've played of the demo, improved this problem a little bit, but the trailer for 6 honestly doesn't make me very optimistic.

I disagree. Revelations as a major step in the right direction and succeeded nearly everywhere where it needed to especially in those tight boat corridors. The Ooze made an effective and creepy enemy and the camera was spot on in providing for some truly chilling moments although some deeper psychological scares would have been appreciated as you maintained.

Personally, Resident Evil 6 is looking very terrifying and action-oriented. It should stay faithful to the series core while appealing to a broader audience.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
For those of you living under a rock, here's the trailer.
[video=youtube_share;sS_bGpe9qE8]http://youtu.be/sS_bGpe9qE8[/video]

Revelations was a good throwback to the old and I hope we see more of it. But even if Resident Evil 6 fails to be scary, well so be it. It still looks like an amazing game. As long as the story is taken forward, the gameplay is fun, and the characters I like so much are involved, I'm good. Capcom isn't trying to make a survival horror game anymore as they have stated that the survival horror market is much smaller then the market for games like Call of Duty. Like any other company, they want to compete. Instead, they want to give us the "ultimate entertainment experience" or something along those lines. Capcom has even described the game as "dramatic horror" meaning the horror aspect we love so much can still be very much alive in this one. As of now, I'm not really worried about this game because I trust Capcom knows what they're doing. I mean, come on. The game has been in development for two years with over 600 staff developing it. It's Capcom's most ambitious game.

Resident Evil 4 and 5 were virtually completely devoid of any atmospheric or psychological horror, so I really don't want Resident Evil 6 to be like them, and have been pretty skeptical about it. Revelations, from what I've played of the demo, improved this problem a little bit, but the trailer for 6 honestly doesn't make me very optimistic.

Some people would argue that Resident Evil 4 was still closer to what the series was.

Most aspects of the trailer seem... decent. Particularly in the early portions. But by the time the trailer is halfway done it just makes the game seem like an epic action story, which is simply not what Resident Evil should be (not the main series; I have no beef with Mercenaries or Operation Raccoon City). The last straw was when I saw "The Incredible Hulk" break through a freaking wall and try to smash everyone. It just doesn't look like it's going to have any of the things that I like Resident Evil for.

I guess your right. Nemesis or monsters like him have no place in the Resident Evil series.

On to some speculation!

Gameplay
Looks to be a departure from the classic controls, which I will really miss since it's almost what made Resident Evil stand out. The gameplay for this game makes for a great action game as we see Chris taking cover and Leon sliding and shooting which is great by all means but takes away from the horror aspect. I hope Capcom can make this game action packed but scary at the same time. The atmosphere seems great already and the zombies look overwhelming. I've also noticed Leon walking some dark hallways and going toe to toe with a blob like zombie. While Chris' sections looked more action oriented, as he's shown taking on J'avos (intelligent enemies that mutate during battle) which I hope isn't all he fights otherwise it'll be pretty lame. The game needs to stay consistent! And I can already tell the boss fights are going to be insane.

The Mercenary
People speculate this mercenary to be HUNK or Alex Wesker which I think is pretty dumb. First off, HUNK just makes no sense as he looks and acts nothing like this guy. And Alex would just be downright lame. I want him to be a villain, not some Mercenary good guy. And aren't the Wesker children supposed to have blonde hair? Some even say that it's Billy Coen, but that's just out of the question. The most logical character IMO is Steve Burnside. The hair color matches as well as the eye color, the personality fits, and they dress very similar.

Steve.jpg

I also recall at the end of Code Veronica X, Wesker mentions that his men have taken Steve's body since he still has the T-Veronica Virus in his blood and that he'll make as a perfect specimen (The Mercenary seems to have special blood, coincidence much?). He also said that he might even come around as he did and be able to see Claire again. All the signs are just pointing me towards Steve at the moment.

The Blonde Women
My first guess was Sherry and according to IGN I was indeed correct. Others can say Ashely all they want but the eye colors don't match whereas Sherry's blue eyes do. Assuming Sherry and the Merc are who I say they are some might raise the question "what connection do they have with each other?". Well the answer to that is, they both have a virus in their blood and they were both taken by Wesker (according to the Wesker Report at least). So, what exactly is G's and T-Veronica's role in Resident Evil 6?

sherry.png

Something else I've thought about was the possible appearance of Claire Redfield. As we should know, both Sherry and Steve have a past with Claire.

Ada?
As far as I'm concerned, Ada has been confirmed to be in this game. I highly doubt she'll be missing because wherever there's a Leon there's an Ada. It is said that she'll have an unlockable campaign similar to that of "Assignment Ada" as seen in Resident Evil 4.

resident-evil-6-20120119040957673_640w.jpg

As for the image above, I'm gonna go ahead and confirm the red figure in the background NOT Ada. It is in fact a zombie. If you pay close attention and pause it at the right second you'll see what appears to be zombies flailing around in the back. You can catch at least two in the bus/train and one outside falling to it's doom.

Last edited:
R

raven80wolfx2

This game looks freaken amazing I hope this game has more scary things then resident evil 5 thats all that matters to. I didn't jump once in resident evil 5 please make series better with this or I mean it I will never ever buy a game from capcom ever again.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Thought I would give this thread a bump...

I can't wait for re6. The debut trailer itself was mind blowing and I can't imagine what the others are going to be like. I might have to grab onto something next time lol! But anyway, I hope 6 lives up to its hype. People were excited about re5 only to find out the game was kind of a flop (story was too short, gameplay, the characters, etc...). I didn't think it was. But, I tend to find myself enjoying the DLC chapters (Desperate Escape & Lost in Nightmares) more than I do for the campaign mode for some reason. Since there's 3 main characters though; I kind of hope Capcom will set it up like how Final Fantasy XIII managed their cast. By having each group assigned to their own chapters, so I don't always have to pick Chris's mode lol!:P

What I'd like to see though from this game are:

-A good story
-Run and shoot gameplay like ORC
-Beards Nevence NOT dying
-A certain female not appearing in this game
-Jill
-....and each campaign having equal amount of playtime. I don't want Leon's or the Merc's scenario to be more than Chris's. No offense Leon fans.
-Mercenary Mode

And lastly.. Capcom's Captivate event is this week. No trailers yet, or my super awesome wallpaper that's waiting in the wings.. But, if anyone's interested; there's two websites for this game. What the hell is going on and raptornews.com plus an image:

r_Captivate-2012_notizia-2.JPG

Credit: CapcomUnity

Last edited:

Rishian

The Meat Shield
While I enjoy the original feel of Resident evil 1-3, I do have to say that one thing I always wanted was for it to be multiplayer so that my friends and I could play. Resident evil 5 was the first step in that direction. I could see this either being another big step, or a large scale stumble..

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
People were excited about re5 only to find out the game was kind of a flop (story was too short, gameplay, the characters, etc...). I didn't think it was. But, I tend to find myself enjoying the DLC chapters (Desperate Escape & Lost in Nightmares) more than I do for the campaign mode for some reason. Since there's 3 main characters though; I kind of hope Capcom will set it up like how Final Fantasy XIII managed their cast. By having each group assigned to their own chapters, so I don't always have to pick Chris's mode lol!:P

What I'd like to see though from this game are:

-A good story
-Run and shoot gameplay like ORC
-Beards Nevence NOT dying
-A certain female not appearing in this game
-Jill
-....and each campaign having equal amount of playtime. I don't want Leon's or the Merc's scenario to be more than Chris's. No offense Leon fans.
-Mercenary Mode

I wouldn't say it flopped. It was still a great game. And lol, I wouldn't say the campaign was short. Almost any RE game can be passed like in under 2 hours.

And I guess I'll copy you and put what I want in it as well.

-Deep plot
-Answered questions from past games
-Lot's of character interaction
-More empathizes on multiplayer
-Leon and Chris team up (if that doesn't happen for a good portion of the game then what's the point really?)
-Scary but with lots of action
-No levels, just separate campaigns
-Return of the type writer (or make it modern and change it to computers)

I guess that would be it for now.

Seems like its going to be a good game but when they showed the gameplay for Chris, it looked like operation raccoon city, which is not a good thing at all.

Wasnt the 5th game supost to be the last one...... oh well
and whats with leon he looks friggin weird now

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Wasnt the 5th game supost to be the last one...... oh well
and whats with leon he looks friggin weird now

How so?

And yes, Leon is a human. He ages too. Personally, I like his look in Resident Evil 6. He still has that cool look, but tougher.

Last edited:

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
I wouldn't say it flopped. It was still a great game. And lol, I wouldn't say the campaign was short. Almost any RE game can be passed like in under 2 hours.

And I guess I'll copy you and put what I want in it as well.

-Deep plot
-Answered questions from past games
-Lot's of character interaction
-More empathizes on multiplayer
-Leon and Chris team up (if that doesn't happen for a good portion of the game then what's the point really?)
-Scary but with lots of action
-No levels, just separate campaigns
-Return of the type writer (or make it modern and change it to computers)

I guess that would be it for now.

I didn't say it flopped, but from what I read; a lot of people were disappointed that it didn't exceed their expectations. I didn't find anything wrong with it. I liked the story and the characters so my checklist was complete. The gameplay was good. But, I really didn't care about it that much because I prefer story over gameplay.

Credit:http://www.biohaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6708
Sherry confirmed? Oh my.... I'm ready for a trailer. Hopefully, they'll do it like last time and show everybody.

EDIT: Ugh, Why can't I make this image bigger?!

Last edited:

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
I know... No double posting, but this trailer is good. Here's Captivates trailer for Resident evil 6!
[video=youtube;D8F3Aln41bY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8F3Aln41bY&hd=1[/video]

How about this? I HOPE it will be good. So far, looking at it, it will definitely be better than ORC. Maybe I just like the older RE games, the ones I grew up with, but the newer ones just seem to be getting worse. Hopefully this one will take a turn for the better, but if not, I might just be done with this series as a whole.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
How about this? I HOPE it will be good. So far, looking at it, it will definitely be better than ORC. Maybe I just like the older RE games, the ones I grew up with, but the newer ones just seem to be getting worse. Hopefully this one will take a turn for the better, but if not, I might just be done with this series as a whole.

You should never count ORC as anything... It's not even a Resident Evil game. Capcom didn't even develop it.

Since Resident Evil's big change, I'd say it's been really good still. RE4 was amazing, RE5 was a great game, and Revelations was the perfect mix of the new and the old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom