• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Mafia Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I like that idea. I know I was set for a lettered one (Mafia I) but I'm still working characters and story out for mine and G and H still need to go before me so I don't care much either way.

I think we should implement a Mod rating system as well in order to see who our better mods are. I've been in a couple games prior where the mod was not that good because they didn't keep as up to date as they should have or were just not good at telling the story (as seen by the famed "Animehat Incident").

Anyway, those are my thoughts, so take them for what you will.

EDIT: I also think the idea of co-modding is a very good one and would be useful in preventing a the aforementioned problems where a mod can't get on due to other circumstances.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I'll take a numbered Mafia, but I won't be able to do it soon because AP/finals are next month. If someone wants to do it before me, then they can do that.

Walking Dead Mafia

I might need someone to help me to make sure this doesn't blow.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
I like this idea of more freedom for modding, as well as the whole community having more say in the forum itself. I think having a co-mod to help the less experienced mods would also be beneficial, or at least give them someone to check over their roles for balance, or help them if they really need it.

I'd like to mod a game, but I wouldn't be able to run a game until after the 24th of May (exams). And it would be a LotR themed one. :D

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I personally like the queue idea. Most websites have this system implemented. It's going to put order. And order is always good, right?

How the queue would be moderated, I suggest one person be the main one in charge, but others moderators are allowed to pitch in to keep the info up to date. I know the forum members are capable of keeping order themselves, but if we look anywhere at any system, there is always a leader. It just makes things flow more better. What isn't broken shouldn't be fixed is right, but it's also right to make things better and improve them, and able to make the system flow more. I'm new, and I haven't really seen any games going on here, but I can sort of guess how things worked. The current way isn't bad. Just this new way would be a step up. Like an upgrade.

For the Co-moderators, I understand where you are going with this. I suggest that moderators are allowed to ask for a co-moderator to help them out, but having a co-moderator shouldn't be mandatory. Some people work better solo.

I liked Linkdude74's idea actually:

Ok what about this. We create a sign up list where Experienced mods are designated as people to send the design to to make sure the game isn't heavily skewed in one sides favor. If their name on the list is red, their game has either not been sent in to be approved, or wasn't approved by their mod. Say for example I sign up to host a game and am told Axle is who I should send the design to. I send it in, he looks over it a d says ok, or says he feels it is in Town's favor too much. If the later, he would then suggest possibly dumbing down roles or taking some out. Once changes are made, the. Game goes green on the list. Now the people on the list are in order of who signed up first. If you are at the top of the list, you are to host next(But only if your name is green) if it goes a bit with need of a new game, and top of the list isn't green, you go to the first green name on the list. A game that is ready to go. We could have 2-3 games run at the same time, we could have 5 Experienced mods to look over designs(only one mod per game), and it could be kept quite orderly. Of course if Axle is the mod to look over my design he wouldnt be able tp play that game when I host it, but that's why a different experienced mod looks over design every time. So all experienced mods can still play games. This will get a chance to help new people design games that aren't too unbalanced, and creates an organized way to determine who mods next.

Just my idea though, and happy to explain if anything sounds confusing

I think that all games should be checked before going on. Because sometimes, there might be newer moderators who want to make a crazy hard Beginner Mafia game for example because they think it's too easy. If they are allowed without checking, then the Beginners might get frustrated, and leave Mafia. The games should all be checked, and maybe other moderators checking could suggest some roles to make the games more fun, roles which the original moderator did not think of.

I think this system which Linkdude suggested would be nice. There would be a set amount of games (I think 3 is a good number, but it shouldn't be more than 5 games at once, unless the Mafia community here grows), and whoever's game has been accepted (green) would be able to host it once one of the on going games are done. Black names are ones who need to be suggested. Experienced Moderators who are free would check the first black named game on the list. Red named games are ones who's game system/roles are not balanced, and moderators are trying to fix it up. Green are the approved games ready to start once there is an empty space. It has much order in it, and I can see things flowing very smoothly and quickly with this system. But game moderators should still be allowed to request for a co-moderator if they feel that they need it.

Pen

The game is on!
So when could this new queue of future game moderators open up? It's been a while since our last game ended. I don't mean to stress anyone, I'm just very interested in participating in a new game! :cukeman:

Eduarda

So when could this new queue of future game moderators open up? It's been a while since our last game ended. I don't mean to stress anyone, I'm just very interested in participating in a new game! :cukeman:

Same here. I'm waiting anxiously to start my first game. I'm all ready for it, just need a thread :lol:

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Just posted a queue, if that cool, since this was going nowhere. Used the rules everyone/most seemed to agree upon. We'll just edit new rules in as the community sees fit as time goes on.

Eduarda

Oh, thank goodness. I saw it, and I'm 100% fine with everything it says ^^ Nothing is forced, but there are lots of options you can chose if you need help :)

Edit: I think you should sticky it. It's very important, and people would repeatedly be going there.

Last edited:

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
What do you guys think about the timing for the next game (Atty's MLP Mafia)?

Stagger the games (so Atty posts signups around Day 3/4 or so of Pendio's game)? Or start the next game whenever it's ready?

Eduarda

5 days in Pendio's game.

That would be mid-way his game, right? If we end up having more than 1 death this night, then during the 3rd day probably. Anyways, this would make it so that the people who die during the first half of his game would be able to play the next one. It would make them not wait too long, and also make sure a lot of people would join.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I agree, whenever she's ready. :D Although I just died in Penio's game so that could have to do with the fact that I'm not in a mafia game anymore. :bleh:

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I'm ready for sign-ups to start now or a little later on (Day 3 or so of Pendio's game). Sign-ups tend to take a few days to a week anyways (about the length of a regular Mafia day).

So this new system, it's eliminating the numbers and letters? I don't have a problem, but I don't want to be skipped over for my game that I requested during the letter system.

.. >_>

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/f111/mafia-game-mod-queue-42375.html

Read the OP. If your game is setup and you were in line to host, you can bud ahead in the queue, but do post in the queue. It's where all games will be sorted for the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom