• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Current Events Thread

Little Nutter Boy

I play my drum for you
No, it won't. They abused women in Cologne were not also foreigners, they were German natives. It never would have happened without the refugees.
And how do we know it wouldn't have been someone else in their home country instead?
And if we do, I apologize. I'm not very caught up in this particular event. I know what happened, but not lots of details.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
And how do we know it wouldn't have been someone else in their home country instead?
And if we do, I apologize. I'm not very caught up in this particular event. I know what happened, but not lots of details.
It doesn't matter. The job of a country is to protect its citizens and keep them happy and healthy. You don't put them at risk because well, they'd just rape people in their own country, so might as well let 'em do it to us.

Little Nutter Boy

I play my drum for you
It doesn't matter. The job of a country is to protect its citizens and keep them happy and healthy. You don't put them at risk because well, they'd just rape people in their own country, so might as well let 'em do it to us.
Those people are also in the minority, may I add. However, the docile, normal immigrants don't exactly get media coverage.

Jamie

Travel bans HAVE been a thing. Even for good ol' 'Murica land of the free'.
If you mean no American can travel to x country or no one from x country can travel to America, sure, but you can't prevent people from x country from traveling at all.

If you mean no American can travel to x country or no one from x country can travel to America, sure, but you can't prevent people from x country from traveling at all.
When did I say we'd have NATO armed forces bordering the Middle Eastern countries.. I said them coming to us.

Just because they are fleeing, doesn't mean we need to let all of them in. They need to be properly vetted, especially considering where they come from. It's already confirmed that terrorists have gotten through borders as refugees, so we need to be very careful about this whole thing. It's not that simple.

Agreed. Taking an all or nothing attitude is harmful both to the natives of the country they're fleeing too and to the ones who truly want to get away from it. People coming in need to be checked extensively and questionable ones need to be sent right back. I know it may seem a bit cruel to say so, but better to do that then let dangerous terrorist fanatics gain bigger footholds in other countries. Sometimes you have to be a bit cruel for the better ahd those people seriously need to change their own behavior and ways of thinking. Claiming cultural\religious attitudes and traditions is Never an excuse to abuse, mutilate, torture, murder and foster hate and to never question. Human history has seen too many atrocities from this line of thinking.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Really, the dankula travesty has really gotten me worked up. It scares and depresses me. I admire the UK, warts and all. But this is just sick and utterly shameful. An American really isn't in any particular position to judge, but really guys. This is by no means acceptable. This is a gross miscarriage of justice and a horrendous precedent. I shudder to think of what's next if this travesty is permitted to go forward. edit: and this isn't out of hatred or derision, it's out of concern. I fear for you.

Especially in light of Telford.

What inevitably gets me is, just when you think that maybe, just maybe, society has finally gotten sick of all this totalitarian fascist crap, someone goes and pulls this nonsense. And once again you're reminded that people will never ever change.

I know our British cousins across the pond are in some seriously deep $h!t right now. Their government is in total disarray. And I thought America had it bad. You've really let this get out of control. I hope you blokes can sort this out, but it doesn't exactly look like it'll be a walk in the park.

Last edited:

Jamie

Really, the dankula travesty has really gotten me worked up. It scares and depresses me. I admire the UK, warts and all. But this is just sick and utterly shameful. An American really isn't in any particular position to judge, but really guys. This is by no means acceptable. This is a gross miscarriage of justice and a horrendous precedent. I shudder to think of what's next if this travesty is permitted to go forward. edit: and this isn't out of hatred or derision, it's out of concern. I fear for you.

Especially in light of Telford.

What inevitably gets me is, just when you think that maybe, just maybe, society has finally gotten sick of all this totalitarian fascist crap, someone goes and pulls this nonsense. And once again you're reminded that people will never ever change.

I know our British cousins across the pond are in some seriously deep $h!t right now. Their government is in total disarray. And I thought America had it bad. You've really let this get out of control. I hope you blokes can sort this out, but it doesn't exactly look like it'll be a walk in the park.
I just read about this. This quote amuses me

“This court has taken the freedom of expression into consideration,” O’Carroll said. “But the right to freedom of expression also comes with responsibility.”

"The right to freedom of expression also comes with the responsibility of having that right taken away arbitrarily," basically. This quote hardly makes sense. You can't say they have the right to freedom of expression if they can have it taken away after the fact; he never truly had the right to begin with. The "responsibility" a right should come with are things like public shame or not getting a job, not having your freedoms stripped. Seriously this quote is incredibly mind blowingly contradictory, the idea that exercising a right comes with a responsibility that when you don't follow some moral code in exercising it means you no longer have that right at all means the right never existed in the first place. It's not a right if there are exceptions like this.

As some of you might have heard, or not at all. Today a 13-year old girl has been reported missing after her parents were found dead in her house. Currently the police do not have any leads where she may have gotten to or as to why her parents are dead, the police do not have an answer as to why they were killed, was it a targeted house or not but they are collecting leads and are on the case, that also includes the FBI.

To those here who might live in Wisconsin, please keep a look out on things around you and stay safe. Also, this kind of situation could happen t any of us, so look out for yourself as well, even if you might think there are low chances of you being abducted.

Original Article: https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/18/us/wisconsin-missing-girl-jayme-closs/index.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom