• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Current Events Thread

Exactly that. Besides, seeing as we are the ones who sold all those weapons to the Middle East in the first place, just turning a blind eye now would just be unfair.

True, but don't forget, there are already a good number inside our borders as well.
The insiders can be pacified when they show themselves.

What would you do if there was war in your country and you had to flee to survive? How'd you feel if whatever country you were trying to flee to would just build a wall and lock you out because out of millions of people fleeing from terror a few are assholes?
How would you feel about a mass immigration of people who A: Won't ever adopt your countries culture. B: Actively spite your culture, and kindness with acts of violence.

Also, that would keep the brilliant and good-minded out as well. Einstein was immigrant. So is Arnold Schwarzenegger. There's both good and bad people in there, as there are in all populations.
Would you rather have scores of women abused, or 1 Einstein, or 1 Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Exactly that. Besides, seeing as we are the ones who sold all those weapons to the Middle East in the first place, just turning a blind eye now would just be unfair.
Exactly why when people say we should support Rebels in the region I tell them to f**k off. Seriously since the fallout of WW2 the Middle East has become the dumping ground for the world's ordinance. It is why I like the idea Russia is actually supporting a group who won't go off and create a cell of terrorists. A Govornment that needs assistance stopping the rebels who distablize the region.

How would you feel about a mass immigration of people who A: Won't ever adopt your countries culture. B: Actively spite your culture, and kindness with acts of violence.
I don't need to answer how I would feel about it because it's happening in my country, and here's how I DO feel about it: It's sad that this is happening at all, but there's nothing you can do about it. I don't care wether these people adopt my country's culture or not, and I haven't exactly witnessed anyone actively spiting it. I do realize that some do, obviously, but there's black sheep anywhere. Those are not reason enough not to help the majority who are, as I mentioned in a post above, fleeing from certain death, partly because of weapon shipments my country is responsible for.

I don't know if I can change your mind with reason here. I tried my best. If it doesn't work, then you honestly make me sick. I'd much rather have refugees here who, mostly, don't do any particular harm than the droves of hateful neo nazis disguised as "worried civilians" we've had here lately.

Little Nutter Boy

I play my drum for you
The insiders can be pacified when they show themselves.
Why can't the outsiders?

That is not true about all of them. Even so, for the ones that are like that, then at least they have somewhere better to live, whether they hate it or not.

Would you rather have scores of women abused, or 1 Einstein, or 1 Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Once again, sadly, it'll happen either way. The only question is if you'd rather them get abused in a third world country where they're unlikely to be able to get help, or here, where they have the chance to help themselves.

I don't need to answer how I would feel about it because it's happening in my country, and here's how I DO feel about it: It's sad that this is happening at all, but there's nothing you can do about it. I don't care wether these people adopt my country's culture or not, and I haven't exactly witnessed anyone actively spiting it. I do realize that some do, obviously, but there's black sheep anywhere. Those are not reason enough not to help the majority who are, as I mentioned in a post above, fleeing from certain death, partly because of weapon shipments my country is responsible for.

I don't know if I can change your mind with reason here. I tried my best. If it doesn't work, then you honestly make me sick. I'd much rather have refugees here who, mostly, don't do any particular harm than the droves of hateful neo nazis disguised as "worried civilians" we've had here lately.
Thing is: this can be solved in a better way, and not have to overcrowd mass populations of already distressed, unhappy, and honestly torn to bit people.

How about actually destroying the
cults, and rebellious forces that actively destroy their own lands?

Also, do not make me out as some stereotypical brainwashed Nazi, or the entire right wing of the German Political Scene.

Why can't the outsiders?

That is not true about all of them. Even so, for the ones that are like that, then at least they have somewhere better to live, whether they hate it or not.

Once again, sadly, it'll happen either way. The only question is if you'd rather them get abused in a third world country where they're unlikely to be able to get help, or here, where they have the chance to help themselves.
There is no moral right to any of this. You either will act in open arms ready to get shanked, or build a bunker with body heat-seeking Gatling turrets.

I'd rather be safe than bleeding on the ground on new years eve..

Little Nutter Boy

I play my drum for you
Thing is: this can be solved in a better way, and not have to overcrowd mass populations of already distressed, unhappy, and honestly torn to bit people.

How about actually destroying the
cults, and rebellious forces that actively destroy their own lands?

Also, do not make me out as some stereotypical brainwashed Nazi, or the entire right wing of the German Political Scene.

There is no moral right to any of this. You either will act in open arms ready to get shanked, or build a bunker with body heat-seeking Gatling turrets.
Well then I'll err on the side of kindness. Sue me.

Wether you take out the ones stirring up trouble in their home country or not, that doesn't change the fact that people are fleeing, and they have to go somewhere. And I wasn't making you out to be a nazi at all. Where did I say anything like that?

Wether you take out the ones stirring up trouble in their home country or not, that doesn't change the fact that people are fleeing, and they have to go somewhere. And I wasn't making you out to be a nazi at all. Where did I say anything like that?
than the droves of hateful neo nazis disguised as "worried civilians" we've had here lately.

How do you know I was refering to you with that? I was refering to the people who are burning down refugee asylums here. All I meant to say is that I'd rather have refugees than those hateful assholes.

How do you know I was refering to you with that? I was refering to the people who are burning down refugee asylums here. All I meant to say is that I'd rather have refugees than those hateful assholes.
Apologies, I am not exactly the best at communication, and responces.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Just because they are fleeing, doesn't mean we need to let all of them in. They need to be properly vetted, especially considering where they come from. It's already confirmed that terrorists have gotten through borders as refugees, so we need to be very careful about this whole thing. It's not that simple.

Jamie

No, it won't. They abused women in Cologne were not also foreigners, they were German natives. It never would have happened without the refugees.

Little Nutter Boy

I play my drum for you
Just because they are fleeing, doesn't mean we need to let all of them in. They need to be properly vetted, especially considering where they come from. It's already confirmed that terrorists have gotten through borders as refugees, so we need to be very careful about this whole thing. It's not that simple.
True, but our point is that it's not simple enough to flat-out ban travel either. I don't know about Spirit, but I'm not arguing for an extreme, but a medium.

Jamie

True, but our point is that it's not simple enough to flat-out ban travel either. I don't know about Spirit, but I'm not arguing for an extreme, but a medium.
You can't ban travel from a nation. Talk about a human rights violation, that's just insane.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom