• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gender Majorities Among Your Friends

Your Friends' Gender Ratio

• I am a guy who hangs out with more guys than girls.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a girl who hangs out with more girls than guys.

• I am a girl who hangs out with more guys than girls.

• Total voters

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I apologize if there is a similar and recent thread. I looked but did not find one.

While I was walking home from school today, I somehow started thinking about this. Most of my friends are girls. If I had to pick a ratio off the top of my head, I'd say that out of all my IRL friends , around 2/3 to 3/4 are girls. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong about that or vice versa. I just thought it was interesting that, as a guy, I hang out with more girls than guys. Usually it's the other way around, or at least I would imagine it would be.

Also, to add a bit more discussion, what do you think about gender majorities among friends? Do you, for example, think that a guy who hangs out with more girls than guys is less masculine, or do you (also for example) think that a girl who hangs around more guys than girls is "flirtatious"? I personally don't think it means anything either way, but what about the rest of you?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
My main group of friends are predominantly male however in our group we tend to hang round with another group of girls so in a way it's 50/50 but I hang round with my guy friends more.

The main reason I probably hang round with guys more is because we all get on so much, we basically all have similar interests and the same sense of humour so it's always a laugh when we go out and stuff. Though I do like hanging round with girls as well, the girls I hang round with are a real laugh and even though we sometimes might get off with each other nothing tends to get awkward, at the end of the day it's a nice mix.

Last edited:

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
In all honesty I find myself mingling with females more than males, can't say why exactly that is really, but I just get along with them better and have a better time chatting with them and everything.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I hang out more with guys, actually. And I am a lady.

Only because with my interests, which are games and stuff, and the fact I grew up with 6 brothers, I've always felt I get along more with the guys. If I go out into town for a night out, it's usually with my boyfriend and the lads, who are always really sweet and gentlemanly to me. :) Only have the occasional night out with the girls! I do have girlfriends of course, need someone to talk about my new Allegra boots with, but yeah, usually hang around with guys.

Also, I don't think gender matters. Gender doesn't make someone less friendly, not have the same interests as me, etc. so, doesn't really matter to me.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I'm a girl who usually hangs out with guys, though the small group of my closest friends has about an even ratio of guys and girls.

I never really thought that girls who hang out with more guys are flirtatious, or guys that hang out with more girls are effeminate or players. People hang out with whoever shares or catches their interest, regardless of gender.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I tend to hang out with girls more than guys. I think it has to do with the fact that my dad had been deployed to Iraq frequently growing up, and so I had less male influence. The only people I was around were my sisters and mom, and twin brother but he don't count. Nowadays, when I think about it, I see more guys as being kind of dirt bags, each searching for dominance. Don't mean to hate, just thats what alot of other guys seem like. I bet every guy on here is not a dirt bag.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I'd say 50/50, but in most cases I would rather be one of the bros. A lot of girls I know are really annoying (except for the ones that are my friends, obviously) so I prefer to hang out with guys sometimes. I guess it's because I'm sort of different than most girls in the way that I don't like a lot of girly things.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Out of the people I consider close friends, 4 are girls 2 are guys. Even when we have days that we do nothing in choir I find my self to be the only guy in my group. I find girls to be easier to talk to. I don't mean like if you walk up to a random girl that it would be easier to talk to her than a random guy. I just feel that when I'm talking to a female friend that it's easier. Guys normally don't really look interested in what you are saying. I'm not saying all guys do that, and some girls do that too. From experience though, most of the girls I've been friends with actually look interested in what I'm saying and don't give me one word answers. (I will admit, I'm one of those guys who doesn't seem interested in what you are saying).

I don't think gender majorities among your friends really matter. It is possible to be just friends with someone from the opposite gender.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I hang out with guys more than girls. It isn't actually that flirtatious. I enjoy being around with guys than the girls and it's because I was used to be together with my brothers when I was little so... boys are my pick. Though I don't mean that I don't like girls. The ratio is 3/4 of boys and 2/4 of girls (my friends).

I'll admit how surprised I am to find d that I am alone with this vote, but I am a girl who prefers female company. The only guts I have found myself to regularly get along with are wither really weird/bad choices in friends that I somehow find myself crushing in, or guys who don't really classify as friends. At this point in my life, guys typically hang with guys ad girls typically hang with girls. It's simply a matter of our intersecting personalities and perhaps our majoritous(Neolinguism, woot) lack of maturity that makes conflicting lifestyles.

I wouldn't mind being more male friends, though. Not in the least.

In my opinion, gender should have little to nothing to do with it. It's a matter of interests and whether you prefer a certain friend's company. If gender makes thus difference(which, in my grade cat my school, wt kind of does), then so be it.

Most of my friends are guys but by a slim majority. 60-40 split if you will.

I've always had remarkable success among girls mainly because I tend to be soft spoken and less physical than most males.

Years ago, my ratio of male to females friends was less than one but beginning in middle school I've had greater success befriending other guys because I finally crawled out of my shell of timidity.

It's easier for me to approach guys than girls but once I get to know them, my friendship retention rate is close to 100%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom