• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gen V Legendaries

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I'm known to dislike Legendaries since Gen II and I'm here to breakdown Gen V's list of new legendaries.

Victini
-For starters I just have to say, #000 in the Pokedex? That's so pretentious I can't even stand it. Also, what makes this little fox thing so legendary? This is just the Mew of Generation V, and I just don't see the appeal.

Tao Trio

Reshiram
-Always confused between the Black and White dragons. Reshiram is the white dragon so you catch it in Pokemon Black..so it's on the cover of Black. Confusing choice Nintendo. I guess that's cool, I confuse these two so badly it isn't even funny. I prefer Zekrom to Reshiram overall. The design for Reshiram is kinda neat, but ehh didn't thrill me.

Zekrom
-Cool electric dragon legendary. I liked this guy. As far as legendaries go, Zekrom is ok in my book. Typings kinda neat, never really knew what Terravolt was but I used him against N and he was pretty good.

Kyurem
-Wait, seriously? The mascots have a third guy..I didn't know this guy was even around until I saw it online. I guess completing the Fire, Electric trio with Ice makes sense. This dragon looks really really cool. I think it kinda draws away from the dueling dragons though. I mean, the story has it as these epic dragons fighting one another and then Kyurem is just, in some random spot after you beat the game. Not too exciting. If Pokemon Grey comes out then we'll definitely see more of this guy, and he'll probably be like Rayquazza in Emerald.

Kami Trio

-Not even worth listing each by name. These three are neat to the point of saying, "That's cool they're based off of Japanese deities." Other than that, the design is just lacking. They don't look like Pokemon, they don't look legendary, and they don't look like they belong in this game. The names are really not creative and the three of them just make me upset with the legendaries even further. I don't like these guys.

Three Musketeers + Keldeo

-The name in itself lies. There are really 4, but it's explained that Keldeo is new. The adorable little pony doesn't fit as a Pokemon or a legendary though in my opinion. It's not cool, and doesn't deserve to be a legendary. It seems like anyone can be a legendary now. The only cool one out of these four Pokemon is Virizion. The first time I fought Terrakion on Pokemon Online I was infuriated. I had no clue what it was, and had beaten Pokemon White. I refuse to catch it because it's just copying off of the three dogs. At this point we have three trios in one generation again and this trio is snooty enough to have a fourth member.

Meloetta

-It's a singing thing. And has two forms. Not too cool, not that neat.

Genesect

-This is the ugliest looking thing besides Garbodor. It's this nasty lookin bug that was made by Team Plasma. A Mewtwo kinda thing I suppose being one of the few manmade Pokemon, although technically Genesect is revived from a fossil. I thought it was cool to have a Bug-type legendary, but it just seems like a Frankenstein experiment and not truly a legendary.

13 legendaries added to the franchise makes it up to 47 legendary Pokemon. Wow, just wow. I didn't find most of these guys rememberable. I have strong feelings against the new legendaries which seem to just be tacked on to the game to make it longer but adding 13 for each game is just too much. If there is a Generation VI I'd like to see the legends scaled down a bit. I'm not saying anyone is wrong in liking these guys by any means. If you like a legendary from Gen V I'd love to hear about which one you like an why. You don't need to give reasons in a defending manner also =P I'm not mean, I just miss the good ol' days of Pokemon.

B

Burritotacos

I absolutely agree with you, except for the musketeers, I like them, I don't know but they have a cool backstory like being judges and protect weaker pokémons
About Kyurem, well I like him a lot in every aspect, the combination of Ice/Dragon is pretty sweet I think Kyurem is the only one with these combination of types, right?
The backstory aspect is what excites me the most, as is supossed, Zekrom and Reshiram were once one dragon, and it was divided by all those backstory we already know, so what if Kyurem are the remains of that dragon, the Ice type makes some sense here, because the extreme cold means no energy and probably the remains without the electric and fire parts (which obviouly means a lot of energy) is nothing but a frozen energyless part, Is somehow comparable to a dead star!
Well about the others not much to say, you already explained them...
Meloetta.... *Sigh* Is more legendary an Igglybuff than this thing, is so lame D=
Oh and the Tao trio, well cool backstory but their designs are pretty lame, they are the same sprite but with different colors and slightly changes in their tails and head dissapointment there Nintendo

Hmmm, wondering why Reshirahm was the mascot for Black and Zekrom was the mascot for White? If Reshiram was on White and Zekrom was on Black, they're colors would blend in with their corresponding box art backgrounds.

skybird11

state alchemist
yea the "kami trio" is a bit human based form trio and dont look too great. they're not even that good as pokemon imo. btw, kami means god in japanese. just a fun fact

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
Hmmm, wondering why Reshirahm was the mascot for Black and Zekrom was the mascot for White? If Reshiram was on White and Zekrom was on Black, they're colors would blend in with their corresponding box art backgrounds.

Yes but what if the backgrounds were different?

yea the "kami trio" is a bit human based form trio and dont look too great. they're not even that good as pokemon imo. btw, kami means god in japanese. just a fun fact

Yep I knew that =D

The word Kamikaze translates roughly into "Divine Wind" which was also a song used in a few of the Dynasty Warriors games.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom