• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gen 8 Hopes

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
This isn't about the kind of Pokemon we'd encounter per se, but you can include that if you want to. This is just a general hopes thread for the next main series Pokemon game. I've just got a few...

I want it to be at least a partially open game with a free camera. I want actual exploration in cool environments with maybe some climbing and stuff, either with Ride Pokemon or just a climbing mechanic in general. Maybe some parkour maneuvering too, like in RiME for example. 3D environments with a free camera in a fully rendered (no chibis) world. I don't care if the story is linear but let me explore on my own and find Pokemon organically instead of following straight paths and hallways.

I want actual good fashion and character creation with variety. X/Y got the variety right and S/M got the quality of life right. Combine the two. Let me pick colors for every article of clothing (AND DONT MAKE CLOTHING COLORS VERSION EXCLUSIVE, WTF) and let me take off my hat and give me a wide variety of color contacts. Also all hairstyles and eye colors should be able to be picked from the very start of the game when you choose your name. And while we're on the subject of characters, please give us an expressive protagonist with emotional involvement in cutscenes so we don't have a repeat of S/M's frozen-faced creep who does not react to anything.

Also I want Z-moves back. I'll take Z-moves over mega evolution any day. Also more regional variants that aren't limited to Kanto Pokemon. Keep Alola forms but also introduce regional variants for the new region too. That's about it.

So, how about the rest of you? What are you hoping Gen 8 brings us?

I dont really care about gen 8 but...

Dont make it as patronising as S/M.

Don't have another gimmick like mega evolution, Z moves or Alolans. Just stop it.

Set it in England. I wanna see those english stereotype Pokemon.

I don't really have any specifics, but just that it's not as story heavy as Sun & Moon was. I mean, Sun & Moon's story was fine, but it was so intrusive to the gameplay--and the NPCs were way too chatty as a result for the sake of story and character development. Removing the character arc between Lillie and Lusamine in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon remedied this slightly, but only just. A super involved story is just not something necessary for a Pokémon game at all, in my opinion. Just let me play without someone like Lillie stopping to interrupt me and talk my ear off every other battle.

I’m hoping for a Ghost/Normal pokèmon, Horde battles and no shiny locked legendaries. Also, I’d like the national dex, but the regional one like in gen 7 giving the shiny charm. A lot less cutscenes than S/M/US/UM too. No stupid motion control thing like the wormhole ride (I know it can be changed, but there’s no indication that it can).

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I just want the Pokemon following us feature to remain and bring back the PSS or something similar and ditch Festival Plaza. Also give us a bigger post game.

My dream regions would be Spain, South America and Australia.

Also Give us more Eeveelutions.

:wynaut:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom