• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GDC 2012

The annual Game Developers Conference takes place in just a couple of months (march 5-9). i know that this isn't a huge deal as say, E3, but it's the closest gaming conference around and there is a chance that we'll get to see some cool stuff.
What are your predictions for GDC 2012?
on Nintendo's side, I'm sure that they will revile tidbits of cool info abut the WII U, maybe a trailer for Pikmin 3, which has been confirm as a lunch title for the system, plus more third party support. some new games for the 3DS will be announced, but nothing to huge until E3.
Microsoft will have more detail on Kinect support, more Xbox 360 features that have nothing to do with games, and that's it
Sony will have some new games to show of for the Vita, and some details on what looks like the main PS3 exclusive of the year, The last of us.
Overall i don't predict anything big from GDC, but there will be some cool stuff for sure

The annual Game Developers Conference takes place in just a couple of months (march 5-9). i know that this isn't a huge deal as say, E3, but it's the closest gaming conference around and there is a chance that we'll get to see some cool stuff.
What are your predictions for GDC 2012?
on Nintendo's side, I'm sure that they will revile tidbits of cool info abut the WII U, maybe a trailer for Pikmin 3, which has been confirm as a lunch title for the system, plus more third party support. some new games for the 3DS will be announced, but nothing to huge until E3.
Microsoft will have more detail on Kinect support, more Xbox 360 features that have nothing to do with games, and that's it
Sony will have some new games to show of for the Vita, and some details on what looks like the main PS3 exclusive of the year, The last of us.
Overall i don't predict anything big from GDC, but there will be some cool stuff for sure

Pikmin 3 has been confirmed to be in development for Wii U but as a launch title? I don't think so. I'm also expecting Zelda 3DS to be announced at GDC '12 since Nintendo loves to announce handheld installments at the conference (take Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks).

Don't know what Microsoft and Sony have in store. A new Halo 4 trailer from the former I surmise and definitely some Vita focus from the latter.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm expecting a new firmware and a new build altogether for the Vita on Sony's side, some (useless IMO) Kinect support on Microsoft's side, and of course some details of the Wii U/3DS upcoming lineup. Nothing big, really.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I think Nintendo might announce a new name for the Wii U, since they've been talking about it. I think it being called the Nintendo U would be just fine.

I think Nintendo might announce a new name for the Wii U, since they've been talking about it. I think it being called the Nintendo U would be just fine.

How does Nintendo Revolution or Stream work for you? ;)

my guess is that ninty will reveal more about the new 2D mario

In the vain of last year's Super Mario 3D Land reveal, I'd only expect a logo and a few screenshots.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I never truly understood the reasoning behind that. Would you mind explaining it to me? Is it intended as something to draw a larger gaming audience or communicate a more intimate relationship with the system?

Wii - Intended mainly for the casual audience
Wii U - Intended for YOU. Get it now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom