• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GDC 2011 is Soon

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
Iwata keynoting on March 2nd 2011 at GDC and there is a huge chance of a new trailer and demo (maybe demo) but I know we won't get a release date. Just asking are you expecting a trailer and demo or just some news?

Trailer. We haven't heard anything since last year, so I'm guessing they have something nice for us. The current demo is way too old, and I doubt they would make a new Demo for GDC. If they only give us some 'news' I'm going to flip. I'm bracing for it though.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Video Games Turn 25: A Historical Perspective and Vision for the Future

For a quarter of a century, the engine of video games has been "must have"—the viral communication of what a gamer simply can't do without. Sometimes it's hardware, sometimes software, sometimes an accessory, but "must have" always describes an experience that can't be missed—the next big thing.

Along the way, innovation has continuously reinvented the game experience in terms of graphics, player control and pure game design. But in the process, part of the magic of those early days of game creation has been lost.

As a leading player during all 25 years of the modern video gaming era, Nintendo has a unique perspective on what makes gamers grin, what defines the term "gamer" and what is essential to ensuring industry growth.
Nintendo President Satoru Iwata will draw from his development roots and talk not only about how video gaming has evolved, but also, more importantly, he will offer his views on where we go from here.
GDC isn't a big press event like E3, with press/media being lumped in the "other" category along with Content Acquisition/Licensing, students, educators, and other job functions representing less than 15% of attendees.* So I wouldn't expect a new demo, as attendees would like to know more about the development process than the game itself. However, judging from past years and how long it's been since they've shown us anything, I don't think a new trailer is out of the question. Iwata will probably mention Zelda's 25th anniversary to go along with GDC's 25th and "modern gaming's" 25th, and might refer to SS when talking about "where we go from here," but I wouldn't expect anything huge (probably just WM+ stuff). Even so...will there be a live stream anywhere?

My verdict: Yes trailer, no demo, no release date (maybe E3 - same with demo), yes news.

*Source: GDC 2010 Attendee Demographics

D

dark sages

im real excited aboutthe new zelda getting ready to be realesed but im a little worried about the graphics, one complaint of mine is the graphics is that they kind of revolve around Twilight Pincess and Wind Waker the color form is kinda in my opinion revolve around the wind waker and the character forms for link and any other characters are like twilight princess and ive seemed to notice that link looks like a girl! in this one i was kinda hoping it could be more of a life like scheme for color and character like twilight princess but a bit more life like. i mean we should be reaching a new era in tech oand graphics but i still think the new game will Rock!

I'm hoping for AT LEAST some development news. In my opinion, a trailer doesn't seem to far fetched, but still kind of out there. And I think the chances of a demo are 100 to 1. Its a possibility, but a very SLIGHT possibility. But I'm hinging on the hope for at least SOME news.

Considering that Skyward Sword has been in the final stage of its completion for a month now, we'll most likely see something new at GDC. I bet it's going to be a new trailer showing some cutscenes with NPC's (Zelda and Adelle in their final designs), as well as new areas such as Skyloft. I don't think there will be a new playable area, though. Nintendo really needs to get some hype started now, as this year's Wii sales depend heavily on Skyward Sword. However, keep in mind that what's shown at GDC will only be the inception of the hype, and will most likely be shown in details at E3 in June to take the hype to new heights.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
And here's an other reason we will most likely see a trailer, Twilight Princess got announced with a trailer at E3 2004 (two years before release) and then a new trailer at GDC 2005 and then a trailer at E3 2005 and so on, Skyward Sword got a trailer at E3 2010 (when it was almost finished) and now it's in it's last stages of development and will release this year so that's an even better reason to expect (but don't get mad at me if they do not show anything even though we 99.9% we will see a trailer)

And here's an other reason we will most likely see a trailer, Twilight Princess got announced with a trailer at E3 2004 (two years before release) and then a new trailer at GDC 2005 and then a trailer at E3 2005 and so on, Skyward Sword got a trailer at E3 2010 (when it was almost finished) and now it's in it's last stages of development and will release this year so that's an even better reason to expect (but don't get mad at me if they do not show anything even though we 99.9% we will see a trailer)

Better yet, TP got a trailer at GDC 2005, PH got a trailer at GDC 2006 and 2007 and Spirit Tracks got one at GDC 2009.
So every Zelda game since TP has had at least one GDC trailer.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
I'm really hoping we'll see a trailer....I'm dying to see some new footage on this highly anticipated game...I'm pretty sure we'll get to see one a GDC this year because although the game is in its final stages it wont be released until after OoT 3D is released and that will be after E3. I think us fans need a treat right about now! :)

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
For an event like this there will definetly be a new trailer if they do show anything, but don't get your hopes up for a demo, it's just not that kind of event... :(

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I'm still a little doubtful i guess, i feel like their focus is on the 3DS right now and that they should be showing that off at GDC, so instead of an SS trailer I'm more inclined to think they would show the OoT 3D trailer. Even though I'd much rather see the Zelda game for Wii, this is just one of those times when I really hope I'm wrong. In my mind SS has been in the works longer than OoT 3D, looking at it that way it would make sense for them to show off SS, but then they dont want SS to overshadow this great remake. So wouldn't that mean that they should stick with OoT until after it's released? and then launch into all this SS stuff that they've been saving up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom