• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GBA, Anyone?

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
The GBA was my first ever gaming system and I was ADDICTED to it. WarioWare, Super Mario World, Pokemon, etc etc. And now, I got the Japanese only Mother 3 :D So, what are your opinions on it? I think it is better than the DS (Quick message, on 3DS XD)

Pen

The game is on!
I must be honest with you and say that I was never such a big fan of the GBA. I enjoyed the GBC a lot more actually, but that might just be because the GBC was my very first gaming system. Anyway, I don't think the software for GBA was very good, I mean, there were a few great games of course, such as MC and the Pokemon games, but that was about it. At least I think so. In that way the GBA was very similar to the GC, which also had very few good games in my opinion.

In fact, I would say that the GBA is Nintendo's worst system to date. I liked it, I just think that all other Nintendo systems are better. I have been spending a lot of time with my GBA, and I love how you can play your GBC games with it. However, to me it's the software that lowers the system, but then again, the system really was great after all.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I love my three GBAs to death, although I rarely if ever use them. There are a lot of good games in my opinion, although if there is any one game that I really want to obtain, it would be 2 or 3 cartridges of Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. I think that is the GBAs absolute best multiplayer game ever released, I've played it two player, and I absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, I don't have the carts anymore so I'm at a standstill until I can find some and buy them. Hopefully KatAM will be re-released on the 3DS where it has wi-fi features? :D

donkey kong

Juicy pants.
I love my GBA for 2 main reasons.

1: It is not region locked so you can play games like Kemp the goron said Mother 3, a game only released in Japan on a NTSC GBA as well as a PAL game on a NTSC GBA.

2:You can play GB (color) games on it unlike the DS. :)

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Komali, you obviously haven't heard of the Virtual boy XD And I love Mother 3, I even found micro1-custom.jpg

Omg, I need to play Mother 3 XD

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Well, I still have one, it was how I got into Zelda, I had A Link to The Past how can anyone hate that game, but I played like other games than Zelda on there, like Megaman 6 (I like megaman 4 better), But I get to play it on my DS but thing I hate about the GBA is, YOU CAN'T SAVE IT ON A DS, and also if this happens to you before it erases your memory, because, I had mine for like 5 or 6 years.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Wait a second... so after buying 5 different copies of FireRed, it was just the NDS?

-EPIKKKKKKKKKK FACEEEEEPAAAAAAAALLLLLLMMMMMMMMMMM-

so soz i had 2

And I think the virtual Boy was awesome, despite it being red and black and aching your neck, but there was a few gems. It could of made more use of the capabilities though.

And even when I got my Pkmn Ruby, when it finally saved, it deleted itself about 3 days later XD

And lucky for me I have a GBA rom on my Wii. Pokemon, Mother, Mario Kart Super Circuit..... it was a golden age of awesomeness. And now my wii remote is fully charged and I just got new games -.-

EDIT: Yup, infact, it was going to be for the DD first. it would take advantage of the power it had such as internal clock, etc. I would prefer the 2D RPG feel though

donkey kong

Juicy pants.
Wait a second... so after buying 5 different copies of FireRed, it was just the NDS?

-EPIKKKKKKKKKK FACEEEEEPAAAAAAAALLLLLLMMMMMMMMMMM-

so soz i had 2

And I think the virtual Boy was awesome, despite it being red and black and aching your neck, but there was a few gems. It could of made more use of the capabilities though.

And even when I got my Pkmn Ruby, when it finally saved, it deleted itself about 3 days later XD

And lucky for me I have a GBA rom on my Wii. Pokemon, Mother, Mario Kart Super Circuit..... it was a golden age of awesomeness. And now my wii remote is fully charged and I just got new games -.-

EDIT: Yup, infact, it was going to be for the DD first. it would take advantage of the power it had such as internal clock, etc. I would prefer the 2D RPG feel though

That is what I meant by that. But the N64DD was a failure so it was then going to be released for the cartridge but that never came through. Also Zelda OOT was originally going to be for the DD as well.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
And then got moved to the system itself, and they developed Ura Zelda. Whilst yes, it was Master Quest, it had the unicorn fountain, two more tunics and a whole more story. I blame the economy.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
GBA is my all time favorite device. Super Mario World, LoZ ALTTP, and Super Mario Advance are my fav games for the GBA. I remember having a gray GBA. Now, my NDS is my company. But I do have a Blue one today.^^

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
OoT was also going to be on the 64DD (alongside Ura Zelda for more features!). But, they released it in cartridge form instead because the 64DD was beginning to fail. Before they canceled the 64DD OoT released, they DID start work on Zelda Gaiden (Majora's Mask) and Ura Zelda (not quite so Master Quest) using OoT as a template to refer to, and both of those got somewhere. Well, Ura didn't...but we got MM, :right:?

I wish two features of the GBA became more widespread - the Link Cable and the GC to GBA Link Cable. I only have a Link Cable, I've been dying to get my hands on a GC-GBA cable but no one sells those anymore :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom