• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Gaurdians

When I try to use a shield to deflect the beam should I just hold it in front of me or should I thrust it ? Can't seem to get that move right so I get fried lol.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
You’re supposed to use Perfect Guard, so you press A at just the right timing. It can be difficult to get it down right away. If you’ve done any Divine Beasts, Daruk’s Champion power will do it for you automatically, or you can try to buy an Ancient Shield from the Akkala Amcient Tech Lab if you have the proper materials, which will also do it automatically. You can practice with perfect guard timing on bokoblins to get used to it. You can perfect guard pretty much anything.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Perfect Parrying the shield blast is somewhat finicky. it's also far harder in MM where they take longer to charge a shot or can fakefire then fire.

With normal mode, wait til you see the ring of blue round the eye flash then parry, it can take sometime to get the precise timing. Really best time to parry is half the distance between you and the guardian at mid range, when the eye flashes at close range and when the beams 3/4 the way to you at far range.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
The diatance is always the same when you think about it. When the eye flashes and you can deflect it, that is the distance from which you should always deflect, no matter how far, just use that as a reference

If you have 13 heart containers, i suggest going to the lost woods and retrieve the master sword. It’s a great help when dealing with Guardians and the Ganon blights. Plus it’s just good to have a ‘permanent’ weapon.

I'm up to 11 and looking forward to it for sure. Great thing about this game is you can do it as you please but I get sidetracked alot.lol

If you have 13 heart containers, i suggest going to the lost woods and retrieve the master sword. It’s a great help when dealing with Guardians and the Ganon blights. Plus it’s just good to have a ‘permanent’ weapon.
Wow, 13 hearts??
Man, it's taken me weeks of playing to get my fourth. I've played Zelda since the 1st one when I was a kid and this by far the most overwhelming one there is.
Almost Witcher 3 or Skyrim levels of "holy **** this is a massive world with an epic amount of stuff to do."
The Master Sword really never breaks? I wondered if I would ever find one that didn't break, and if it would be that sword. I'm glad it is, although the weapon breaking mechanic I could absolutely do without. Maybe they'll patch in an option to turn it off, or at the very least, reduce the rate at which they do break.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Wow, 13 hearts??
Man, it's taken me weeks of playing to get my fourth. I've played Zelda since the 1st one when I was a kid and this by far the most overwhelming one there is.
Almost Witcher 3 or Skyrim levels of "holy **** this is a massive world with an epic amount of stuff to do."
The Master Sword really never breaks? I wondered if I would ever find one that didn't break, and if it would be that sword. I'm glad it is, although the weapon breaking mechanic I could absolutely do without. Maybe they'll patch in an option to turn it off, or at the very least, reduce the rate at which they do break.
the master sword doesn’t break but it does run out of energy, you won’t be able to use it for a few minutes.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Wow, 13 hearts??
The Master Sword will still run out of energy and become unusable, but only for ten minutes. Then it will be ready to use again. It gets twice as strong and much much more durable when near anything inflicted with malice like guardians so it’s good to use against them. Honestly I don’t mind the durability mechanic, after a certain point it becomes very negligible.

The Master Sword will still run out of energy and become unusable, but only for ten minutes. Then it will be ready to use again. It gets twice as strong and much much more durable when near anything inflicted with malice like guardians so it’s good to use against them. Honestly I don’t mind the durability mechanic, after a certain point it becomes very negligible.
Thanks to both you and domozilla for the replies. I'm really amped to find the sword. 13 hearts though, YEESH! I need 9 more, so I gotta do 36 more shrines? There must be other ways to find em layin around, right?

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
On the topic of perfect shielding (I guess that’s a smash term that I’m just used to saying) I honestly use audio cues if I’m close enough. I wait until I hear the right part of the audio sequence and parry. From long range, it’s a bit trickier but it also gives you some more time to calculate the timing so you may have to eyeball it. Whatever technique you end up using, practice is key. You will probably die a lot but it will get easier over time.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Thanks to both you and domozilla for the replies. I'm really amped to find the sword. 13 hearts though, YEESH! I need 9 more, so I gotta do 36 more shrines? There must be other ways to find em layin around, right?

There are 4 Heart Containers from the Divine Beasts and the rest are in shrines. You only need 13 Heart Containers to pull the sword.

There are 4 Heart Containers from the Divine Beasts and the rest are in shrines. You only need 13 Heart Containers to pull the sword.
Right, but each heart container requires 4 shrine balls(can't remember the word), if each divine beast has one, I still gotta do 20 more shrines for the 5 left.
Yowza!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom