• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Garth Brooks

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Does anybody else out there listen to Garth Brooks? Growing up in the suburbs of a really large city, Country was never popular around here. I never really listened to pretty much any country until the last few years. One of singers/bands that has really grown on me is Garth Brooks. I just love the meaningfulness of his lyrics, and the calming nature of most of his tracks.

Some of my favorite Garth Brooks tracks include: The Dance, This Ain't Tennessee, Unanswered Prayers, Burning Bridges, Shameless, Face to Face, That Ol' Wind, and many many more.

By favorite track though is, Garth Brooks - The River. I just like it for its meaningful and inspiring lyrics. Really keeps me going during tough times. It doesn't have a music video, but here is a fan made video of it posted below, as well as a link to a website with the lyrics.

Lyrics : http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/brooks-garth/the-river-5011.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjypOSLowuQ

Friends in Low Places is better. =<

Oh God I love it. Deeply Deeply Deeply. Let's list all the ones I love:

• If Tomorrow Never Comes
  • Much Too Young
  • Friends in Low Places
  • The Dance
  • The River
  • Unanswered Prayers
  • The Thunder Rolls
  • Rodeo
  • That Summer
  • Standing Outside the Fire

mmm.

Epic.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I like a little bit of his songs:
- Thunder Rolls
- Friends in Low Places
- Rodeo - My favorite
- Two Pina Coladas

I like a lot more modern country, though.

Kybyrian

I'm going to come straight out and say I don't like him. Nor do I really like any country artists, because I really don't like country.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
I went to two Garth Brooks concerts growing up. My parents are huge country music fans.

Myself, I'm more into Rock, but I'll admit I have a soft spot. The man is a great entertainer.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I was raised on country music and Garth Brooks was my mom's favorite at that time.

Man, I'm glad I switched to heavy metal.
I was also raised on Country Music. When I turned 13, however, I switched to Alternative Rock!
Thank goodness that I switched. All I need is for my sisters to convert to real rock and not Miley Cyrus.

I did go to a country music concert one time. It was Toby Keith, and I (This was in 2nd grade) saw my 1st grade teacher (She appeared to be in her late 60s). My sister listened to the opening act, Rascal Flats, then slept through the entire concert!

To point out how old this was, I am currently in 9th grade. This was when I was in 2nd grade!

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I love country music but I'll be honest and say I'm not a massive Garth Brooks fan. Not because I don't like him though but because I haven't listened to him a lot. I like older country like Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn to name a few

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom