• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Gaps in the Timeline That Should Be Filled in Next?

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
So nobody has any clue when this new Zelda game is going to factor into the timeline, but what events that were referenced in previous games or scenarios do you think should happen next?

Personally, I would like to see the first battle over the triforce that was referenced in OoT, when the sages were first called on to lock away the triforce in the sacred realm. I assume that's when the Ocarina of Time was first created. It would make a pretty epic story. I also think there is room for one more game with the Hero of Time and Ganon in the CT. We know in that timeline Ganondorf was eventually captured and banished to the Twilight Realm. But I doubt he went down without a fight or Link would really stay away from Hyrule and not help bring him to justice. He could come back as the same age he was in OoT and have a final showdown with Ganondorf.

Any other holes that need to be filled? Or what would you like to see happen next in the three timelines? Could the timelines ever be merged into one again? How would that happen (That's probably a question for the resident Trekkies and Whovians)

Let's see...

The third ending of OoT
The Great Flood
The HoT's next adventure/the backstory of TP
Groose's post-SS spinoff

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
Actually, they really couldn't do the Great Flood. It happened because the hero never came for some reason, remember? That would be a damn depressing game. You just sit around and watch everyone get slaughtered until the gods respond by... flooding the place? Wow. Thanks guys. Super helpful. Couldn't have just, I dunno, flicked Ganon's head off?

Also Groose? Really? XD

Somebody with flash skills should get on that.

Hmm...
Vaati's resurrection that made him the one-eyed monster that sought after pretty girls in Four Sword's backstory.
A story after Four Swords Adventures
The founding of New Hyrule
The backstory of the story from Minish Cap
Plenty to do.

Where do the CD-i games fit in? Also, is Faces of Evil in the same timeline as Wand of Gamelon? These are important questions that deserve answering.

Dimooshky

The Mauve Avenger
Between Skyward Sword and The Minish Cap
Between Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess
After Twilight Princess (Before FSA)

I'd like to see games set here, though after Spirit Tracks could provide new opportunities with it set in New Hyrule and whatnot

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Im all about seeing the gap filled between Majoras Mask, and Twilight Princess. That would give us a chance to see Link Grown up after MM, I wonder how much of it would blend into what happened in OoT, but im sure something interesting could be done!

Beeker

Wild Card
I just wanna see something on the child timeline. Whether that is between MM and TP, or maybe some decent time after FSA would be neat. Even though the Adult timeline is fairly filled right now, another option could be another sequel to PH, and could be about discovering the new world and New Hyrule.

Fig

The Altruist
If there's a gap in the timeline that I would really love to see be implemented, it would have to be the Hyrulian Civil War that was mentioned in several Zelda games such as ALttP, OoT, and Twilight Princess. It seems like a really interesting focal point of the franchise that really doesn't get much light in for it is truly a section of the lore that fans don't focus on (which makes sense since we are always given back story of it and nothing more). I think an installment of a future Zelda that focus on the Civil that took place prior to Ocarina of Time would be a great portion of the timeline to experience, especially when this war has been a part of the franchise for more than twenty years! It would really be nice if Nintendo would eventually make this portion of the Zelda lore be an actual focus for the game itself.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Selfishly, I want to see a postscript to the semi-dystopian world of Adventure of Link.

Realistically, I think it's high time for a game in the child timeline. That branch needs another game.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Naturally, I desire a sequel to MM.

I'd also like one to cover the period after LA but before LOZ. What happened to Hyrule that made it fall to ruin? idk What happened to the Link of Alttp, LA, and OoX? idk What was the fate of the Master Sword and the Triforce after OoX? idk What sort of magical adventures, puzzles, and fun could Nintendo create by setting a game here?: A lot.

I would like to see what happens between ALTTP/ALBW and the original Zelda. I would like to see the fall of Hyrule and how it became the barren wasteland we all saw in Zelda 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom