• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ganon's Role in SS??

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I think it might show him as a teenager on Sky loft. He was propably born in the same town as link but I don't think that he will be a bad guy. Who knows he might be good in this game.

Ganon will never be a good teenager in Skyloft. Tht is what you want, not what is a high possibility. If he is good, and a teenager, then they will rename him into something else because of what we know about zelda. Again, Ganon does not predate OoT, but ZSS predates OoT. Also, the mastersword was not made to kill ganon, it was made to fight evil.

None of your ideas are possible in my opinion, except the first to an extent. SS will not have Ganondorf because the MS was created in it, and Ganondorf did not come to existance until OoT. Which had the MS.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Well I had an idea similar to #3 some months before E3, I was thinking that the game would revolve around the Master Sword and its coming into existence and I thought that we'd learn the backstory about Ganon(dorf). After seeing the trailer and all the related stuff/information from Nintendo, I think this is improbable (maybe 40% chance to see Ganondorf at all) but it would still fit in. It says nowhere in OoT how old Ganondorf actually is, so if the game takes place, let's say 30 years before OoT, there could be a chance to see Ganondorf grow up. Or it could be a different Ganon, it still isn't confirmed that every Ganon in the series is the same person. Therefore I think that anything is possible and speculative until we actually get to play the game.

Look at cutscenes from previous games

New enemies are always a posibility. There is a cutscene in TP after you save the water spirit's realm from the twilight, exemplifying a war for the triforce usin Link, killing Ilia. To obtain the triforce, three sorcerers were mentioned to have created the fused shadow before they were sealed away. This is just one example tho. I'd like to see one of the Hylian wars the games talk about, maybe the creation of the Hylian race, but Ganondorf, if I am to assume that this game is a prequel, is likely not to appear. And if he does, it would be interesting to see his origins.

Z

zelda_gamer

me personally, this is just my opinion, that link will encounter gannon as a young gerudo thief. the skyward sword looks exactly like the master sword. so it will become with the master sword. then gannon will go crazy, become power hungry and become possesed by the evil in hyrule. link then has to stop him. imo, gannondorf/gannon is the best villain ever and would love to see him in every zelda game.
( and gannondorf is the person and Gannnon is the beast form)

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
You people just do not get it do you? Ganon's origins are already mentioned in OoT!!!!

Sorry, but I don't see how OoT fully explains his origins, as you claim. The only information about Ganon that we get from Oot is that he's first serving the king of Hyrule and that Zelda has a bad feeling about him. Nothing more. We don't see how Ganon even got into that position and why he turns evil/is evil from the beginning. Nothing is mentioned about Ganon's youth in OoT. And we even don't know how old Ganon is in OoT, there's nothing speaking against/for the theory that OoT's Ganon is actually a reincarnation of an earlier Ganon, therefore I wouldn't exclude anything.

So what. We only know that Ruairi was a sage in the past and that is all we to know. In OoT we know that he was put to power by the female grudo. We know that he was probably power deprived like in FSA. We know that he tricked the king into giving him a more trusted apointment. And we know his sould lived on in the sacred realm. That is all there is too him. Nothing more. Now I would understand if you ment the FSA/ALttP ganon.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Sorry, but I don't see how OoT fully explains his origins, as you claim. The only information about Ganon that we get from Oot is that he's first serving the king of Hyrule and that Zelda has a bad feeling about him. Nothing more. We don't see how Ganon even got into that position and why he turns evil/is evil from the beginning. Nothing is mentioned about Ganon's youth in OoT. And we even don't know how old Ganon is in OoT, there's nothing speaking against/for the theory that OoT's Ganon is actually a reincarnation of an earlier Ganon, therefore I wouldn't exclude anything.
You're confusing Ganon with Ganondorf. Ganon was created when Ganondorf touched the Triforce in OoT. That's as far back as his story goes, which is why I say he can't be in SS. What you say is true about Ganondorf though.

This game is beffore MC. Vatti's origin is in MC, Ganon's origin is in OoT. Both of which is after ZSS. But Majora's origins are still unmentioned. So it might be majora, but no chance of Vatti or Ganon. (I was so disipointed when I found out that the beggining of the ZSS trailer was just the history of zelda. No Mask Sequal? DX)
?

Nothing proves that this game takes place before The Minish Cap. That's a reasonable theory, sure, but it's not a fact. Also, while it is reasonable, it's not without its holes. Remember, the Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword, not the Four Sword as it's implied the Hero of Man's sword became in TMC's backstory.

I agree Ganon is impossible. Vaati is still possible (at least me), since it has yet to be proven Skyward Sword will be a prequel to TMC.

Actually, there's more than that. Every 100 years in the Gerudo tribe, a male is born. That male becomes King of the Gerudos. Since the new king every 100 years automatically takes that place, it's safe to assume the old king is dead, meaning Gerudos live normal lifespans (besides, there's no reason to suspect they don't).

Ganondorf was that king during OoT. He was not very old; he was quite young. Furthermore he was completely mortal. Other than his magic (and there were lots of of other magicians in the game), he had no special powers until he obtained the Triforce.

It's unreasonable to me to assume he had any kind of significant past prior to Ocarina of Time... at least anything beyond a normal life.

You're confusing Ganon with Ganondorf. Ganon was created when Ganondorf touched the Triforce in OoT. That's as far back as his story goes, which is why I say he can't be in SS. What you say is true about Ganondorf though.
Ganon's existence is never explained. Nowhere does it state the Triforce created that form. It could simply be assumed he always had the power to turn into Ganon because of his sorcery. There's not really anything to go on there. The only place that ever explains his pig form is A Link to the Past, in which that was just his Dark World form. But that doesn't relate to the rest of the series at all... =\

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I prefer to not have Ganon in this game, AT ALL.

BUT! It may explain the events that may lead Ganon into attaining his desire for power. It has always bothered me what was the reason why he had become power hungry. Don't reply me back his reasons, PM it to me, as to avoid getting off the track. Anywho, Seeing as we are about to know the events from ALttp, we can be sure to know what they had meant by the sages forging the blade of evil's bane. Having Ganon may or may not make a disruption in the current timeline, which by the way is already confusing as it is.

Here's Ganon's role: N/A :)

And I have good reason. There are two reasons, one good, one less good. The good reason is that timeline-wise, it doesn't make sense. This game is clearly about the creation of the Master Sword which obviously means it precedes at least Ocarina of Time, making it one of the first games in the timeline. If it precedes Ocarina of Time, that means there is no Ganon, as ever since Ocarina of Time, Nintendo doesn't like to include Ganon without Ganondorf also taking a role for some reason. They could bend the rules, but I doubt they will. It will cause some serious panic in the timeline community if Ganondorf shows up in this game.

Now for the less good reason. I just don't want him in. Nintendo likes him too much. Just because he was in their most successful game doesn't necessarily make him a good villain, although he is, he needs a break. Adding Vaati to the games was a good new villain. Majora was insane how good it was, Zant was awesome, although not a starring villain (although we all agree he should have been) We need a new/non-Ganon villain for this game, and we all agree.

80sfreak85

I think that it'll feature Ganondorf gradually turning evil throughout the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom