• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ganon's Role in SS??

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
Well, Ganondorf is a specific person- a Gerudo male who tried/succeeded to take over Hyrule sometime after the Civil War. The Master Sword, according to OoT, is hundreds of years old, therefore making it almost impossible for that Ganondorf to be involved in this story without some form of contrived time travel. The Ganondorf that showed up in FSA was just kind of weird- I'm still unsure whether or not he's supposed to be there or not.
Ganon himself, on the other hand- the Demon King, the pig-like beast, the spirit of darkness- there's an origin story I'd like to see, as that Ganon has never received the kind of character development his human(oid) host did. It's about time he got treated seriously, and an MS origin is the place to do it.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Ganon himself, on the other hand- the Demon King, the pig-like beast, the spirit of darkness- there's an origin story I'd like to see, as that Ganon has never received the kind of character development his human(oid) host did. It's about time he got treated seriously, and an MS origin is the place to do it.
I disagree. We saw his origin in OoT: He was created when Ganondorf touched the Triforce. We haven't seen any character development because Ganon is supposed to be a flat, static character. This role is perfect for a demon created by an inanimate object out of pure lust for power. Ganondorf, on the other hand, does deserve some more depth, but (as I said earlier) not in this game.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
I disagree. We saw his origin in OoT: He was created when Ganondorf touched the Triforce. We haven't seen any character development because Ganon is supposed to be a flat, static character. This role is perfect for a demon created by an inanimate object out of pure lust for power. Ganondorf, on the other hand, does deserve some more depth, but (as I said earlier) not in this game.

Er, no. In OoT, there's no special indication that Ganon was created by the Triforce- all that we see of him there is as a sort of desperation attack after the castle collapses. In addition, Ganon also exists outside of this eventuality- the Child Timeline, specifically TP and whatever other games exist on it, Ganondorf never got his hands on the full Triforce- he temporarily had the Power part by a "divine prank", but Ganon existed in various forms afterwards.
Secondly, having a flat, mindless villain isn't actually perfect. Characters with no motivation outside of evil are boring and the reason Ganon/dorf has been so widely decried as stale. There's no evidence that he was "created out of a pure lust for power", so exploring why be became the dastardly if rather bland villain he has been is worth a look.

L

Lilcross

I would like to see a side-quest involving Ganon. It would give us some more back story, and it'd be interesting how Link and Ganon would interact when they aren't trying to kill each other.

S

SkywardSword

I want to see you fight Ganondorf as a teenager, as the boss of the Gerudo Fortress. No magic involved, just a swordfight. He is next in line to become the Leader and he sees you as a challenge. Once you beat him, he goes power hungry and looks for the triforce, and you fight him again as a miniboss.

Why does everyone want ganon so bad? He is ued to hell and probably will not be in it. But who knows? (Evil glares towards the interview video with miyamoto.) But serously, Ganon appeared in LoZ, AoL, LA, and FSA. In none of those four games did the master sword appear. Also, in OoA and OoS, yo can get the master sword. (But it is optional and not required to kill ganon. You can even kill ganon with the biggoron sword for all they care.) Ganon's weakness are the light arrows, not the mastersword. (Hence kind of shown in TP, on horseback when zelda shoots them.) Ganon's origin was revealed in OoT. The spirit of ganon that appears in the following games is the dead ghost of ganon from OoT reincarnating into a new body. That is my opinoin though.

In some games, the Master Sword is Ganons only true weakness, in other games its a different item. But it doesn't really matter IF the master sword is his only weakness, because Ganondorf's first attempt at getting the triforce (his beginning) is in ocarina of time when he betrays the kings trust. He can't be in Skyward Sword because the master sword is LEGENDARY in Ocarina of Time.
Beginning of Master Sword= Skyward Sword
Beginning of Ganondorf= Ocarina of Time
The two games are very far appart in the timeline, more than 100 years for sure.

BUT

A different gerudo king could be part of the story. One man born every hundred years! Becomes the gerudo king blah blah, i think that'd be pretty cool, to see the gerudos again, but with a different leader.

On a tangent, how does the gerudo manage in the time inbetween? An average man only lives 70 years. And that is a healthy modern man with modern medicine and healthy advantages. In the middle ages, people were only expected to live untill 40. Judgeing on how TLOZ-seris is based on the middle ages with a mythical twist, how would the gerudo manage the 60 years they do not have a king?

P

pianomancuber

Well, I don't expect him in the game but this idea that Skyward Sword reveals the origins of the master sword throws a massive kink in timeline theories everywhere. According to the A Link to the Past manual storyline, "Suspecting that Ganon's power was based on the Triforce's magic, the people of Hyrule forged a sword resistant to magic which could repulse even powers granted by the Triforce. This mighty weapon became known as the blade of evil's bane, or the Master Sword." This leads me more and more to think that there is no universal timeline. Rather, I think that there are several. For example, OoT, WW, and the DS titles all fit in one continuous story. In this light, I don't think that we can expect Ganondorf. We've already heard about the origin of the master sword. If this is about that, it's probably a completely different story. Perhaps it's specifically pre-OoT, but I don't think that's definitive.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
On a tangent, how does the gerudo manage in the time inbetween? An average man only lives 70 years. And that is a healthy modern man with modern medicine and healthy advantages. In the middle ages, people were only expected to live untill 40. Judgeing on how TLOZ-seris is based on the middle ages with a mythical twist, how would the gerudo manage the 60 years they do not have a king?
Gerudos can live longer than 100 years. I don't remember all the evidences, but Twinrova is one. Also, Niko proves that the humans in LOZ can live more than 100 years. I think there's proof in OoA or something that the Zora live more than 400 years. The "mythical twist" in the series includes lifespan.

Well, I don't expect him in the game but this idea that Skyward Sword reveals the origins of the master sword throws a massive kink in timeline theories everywhere. According to the A Link to the Past manual storyline, "Suspecting that Ganon's power was based on the Triforce's magic, the people of Hyrule forged a sword resistant to magic which could repulse even powers granted by the Triforce. This mighty weapon became known as the blade of evil's bane, or the Master Sword."
Don't EVER use NoA's SNES LttP manual. It's just a collection of mistranslations and censorships. The original (Japanese) account of the creation of the Master Sword doesn't mention Ganon at all. They just created it out of the fear that any evil person might try to acquire the Triforce.

F

Fierce_Midna333

I think if not this game that the show the origins of Ganon, then they should make the sequel to the game about how Ganon came to be. I really doubt we will see him in this game, but i don't know who the villain will be. I hope we eventually get to see the origins of Ganon! Maybe in SS, who knows? :)

Gerudos can live longer than 100 years. I don't remember all the evidences, but Twinrova is one. Also, Niko proves that the humans in LOZ can live more than 100 years. I think there's proof in OoA or something that the Zora live more than 400 years. The "mythical twist" in the series includes lifespan.
Really? Were is this evidence? I really want to know. This is something that crossed my mind since OoT.
Don't EVER use NoA's SNES LttP manual. It's just a collection of mistranslations and censorships. The original (Japanese) account of the creation of the Master Sword doesn't mention Ganon at all. They just created it out of the fear that any evil person might try to acquire the Triforce.
True that! ALttP, ALttP's Manual, and GBA ALttP all have different stories and facts. To me, the most reliable is the original. But the GBA version is altered to lean towards OoT. The manual is not canonical at all!

F

Fierce_Midna333

What are everyone's thoughts on how Ganondorf will play a part in Skyward Sword?

My three ideas are:
1) He wont exist at all without the Master Sword (SS is the story of how the MS came into being)
2) There will be a different villain that is so evil, they all (Link, Zelda, and Ganon) have to work together, together being the entire power of the triforce, to defeat the villain
3) In the beginning of this story, Ganondorf is a regular peasant like everyone one else and he is overcome by some sort of possessed demonic thing or person, which makes him power crazy. He becomes so power crazy, he wreaks havoc on the rest of the world, trying to become ruler. His power creates the MS, being the only thing that can defeat him.

Anyone agree with any of my ideas or do you have your own? Discuss them here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom