• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ganon's "Monsters"

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
The creatures that can fight like a human I would expect are of Ganon's creations. The creatures that seem mutated could be seen as his as well.

Then there is the natural born creatures. These creatures seem to be simple savages and they must look like as if their scavangers instead looking like their part of a threatening army.

Take the Bublins in TP for example, they are natural born creatures that fight to survive as scavengers and they raid. Those kind of creatures are normal nomads unlike creatures like the Stalfos.

The Stalfos are normally stationed in Temples and such, this would mean that they are creatures that can be made by Ganon. However Stalfos have been seen as creatures in Temples that aren't under Ganon's control (Aribiter Grounds) so they could be considered manifestations of regret or magic.

Then there are creatures like, Dinofols who have been seen in TP with armor that Ganon possibly provides, they could be like evolved or mutated from Dodongo's by Ganon to give them power to fight in his army.

The only real signature monster of Ganon is probably the Moblin since they seem to be like Ganon's reflections.

Let me also point out that some of the monster's and bosses in the temples in Zelda games could be guardians of the temples instead of being evil. Almost all the Temples in OOX can't be linked to Ganon or his poisoning of the world (Twinrova, Onox, and Veran could have been his influence.)

Oh and anyone could tell that Tektites are natural born monsters of the world.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
The creatures that can fight like a human I would expect are of Ganon's creations. The creatures that seem mutated could be seen as his as well.

Then there is the natural born creatures. These creatures seem to be simple savages and they must look like as if their scavangers instead looking like their part of a threatening army.

Take the Bublins in TP for example, they are natural born creatures that fight to survive as scavengers and they raid. Those kind of creatures are normal nomads unlike creatures like the Stalfos.

The Stalfos are normally stationed in Temples and such, this would mean that they are creatures that can be made by Ganon. However Stalfos have been seen as creatures in Temples that aren't under Ganon's control (Aribiter Grounds) so they could be considered manifestations of regret or magic.

Then there are creatures like, Dinofols who have been seen in TP with armor that Ganon possibly provides, they could be like evolved or mutated from Dodongo's by Ganon to give them power to fight in his army.

The only real signature monster of Ganon is probably the Moblin since they seem to be like Ganon's reflections.

Let me also point out that some of the monster's and bosses in the temples in Zelda games could be guardians of the temples instead of being evil. Almost all the Temples in OOX can't be linked to Ganon or his poisoning of the world (Twinrova, Onox, and Veran could have been his influence.)

Oh and anyone could tell that Tektites are natural born monsters of the world.

Ahh, the old evolved from enemies thread. Yes, not all enemies have to be evil. Some could be there to protect the Temple's treasure, whatever that treasure may be. Of course, more natural dungeons, like the Deku Tree, are infected with monsters made by Ganondorf, since the Deku Tree was once pure, and because there is no real treasure within the Deku Tree...

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
Well, AS many have said before, most of the creatures Ganon has created are darkness infecting everyday creatures, like frogs, fish, pigs, etc. The ones that do not resemble any type of animal, like the Chu-Chus, are mere manifestations of his power.

Actually, the Chu-chus do resemble an animal (well not an animal per-se but an organism) called a slime mold. I believe Chu-chus are simply a large kind of slime mold.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

Yeah, I think I'd agree that some of the monsters are there anyways while others are created by Ganon. Most of them probably aren't created by Ganon, since they seem like they could exist naturally, like Octoroks, Moblins, and Lizafos. They usually lack intelligence and can easily be brought under Ganon's control, besides usually attacking people anyways.

Ones that were created by Ganon are things that are re-animated, like Darknuts (in TP, at least) and Redeads, or things that seem like they might not exist completely naturally and tend to be only in dungeons, like the Pol's Voices.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I think more of the obvious ones like darknuts and moblins are, in fact, made my Ganon whereas some of the other creatures like the jellys and the dodongos are natural animals that are just hostile. Take real world wolves, for instance. They aren't controlled by an evil being and they weren't created by an evil being but they still attack people and kill them and eat them. I think that many of the creatures in the game are just normal, every day, Hyrule animals whereas many of the ones that have actual weapons are ones created and controlled by Ganon.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
That's a very good theory Zemen when I first read through, I thought, no way moblins, they are just boars that have been possesed. However, perhaps the reason they are like boars is because Ganon created them in his own image?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
That's a very good theory Zemen when I first read through, I thought, no way moblins, they are just boars that have been possesed. However, perhaps the reason they are like boars is because Ganon created them in his own image?

That's the general idea. They could also just be their own race (like Zoras and Gorons) that happen to be very hostile. As seen in the oracle games, Moblins can speak which means they are, in some way, intelligent. Whether they are created by Ganon or not, maybe they are just a race that chose to follow Ganon BECAUSE his demon form looks like them. Maybe Ganon is like the evil king spirit of some ancient super moblin.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
Also in MC the moblin in the poets house described as an 'old lady' until you reveal its true identity speaks, and not only this, but it is also friendly. It does not attack, and is only in the house because it is peaceful. What's more, it actually rewards you in exchange for not telling anyone it is the burglar.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Also in MC the moblin in the poets house described as an 'old lady' until you reveal its true identity speaks, and not only this, but it is also friendly. It does not attack, and is only in the house because it is peaceful. What's more, it actually rewards you in exchange for not telling anyone it is the burglar.

So maybe, like I previously stated, Moblins are just their own race. They aren't necessarily monsters but maybe since Ganon seems to appear to be some super moblin, many of them may have decided to join him in the fight for the world thinking he is some moblin god. Very good post. That could be evidence that moblins are just a race like Hylians and Zoras and Gorons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom