• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Ganondorf's Origin?

Night Owl

~Momentai
Yes but was the king of darkness not also Ganon? Are you saying this guy is Ganon and they decided to put him in after all to fit with the timeline?
As for the tall and slender thing, If a big muscular guy with a huge bone structure and fire for hair got sealed and had kids, those children would probably inherit those genes.(a gene for flame hair, why could I not have been born with that?:lol:) Big people have big kids in the majority of cases. If there were a group of tall slender people then the likelihood is that their parents were tall and slender. That is what I'm saying. No Twili resembles this giant King of Darkness, but there are similarities to Ghirahim seen in Midna and Zant. I'm going on the Twili we have seen. In reality we do not know their number but I doubt we ever will see any more.

I want to say there is a couple short and chubby twili in twilight princess outside of the castle in the twilight realm.

So not all of the twili in twilight princess were tall and slender.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Wait, what? Where did this guy show up, a trailer?

Official artwork that was posted on the mainsite last night.

I don't think this figure has anything to do with Ganondorf, who was born from the Gerudo Tribe and reborn through his Triforce of Power I believe. Besides this, Skyward Sword takes place hundreds of years before OoT, at least. So in my mind this enemy is now ancient and perhaps has slipped from memory of folklore and legends. This, or his name is far too terrible to recount.

Did I ever say "chosen holder" or "reside in"? NO. My whole point in that post was sarcasm in reply to JucieJ as Link was not the only one to have ever obtain it, whether that means guard it, touch it, it being part of the entire Triforce or whatever. Stop putting words into my mouth.

I wasn't putting words in your mouth, you were failing to clarify. Whenever we talk about the Triforce pieces it's typically about their powers and their chosen. When referring to them, to obtain means to wield. I'm sorry about the miscommunication but when you're arguing over something like this you have to be specific in order to make your point clear or else we only have our interpretation to go on.

This guy likely looks similar to Ganondorf because they are both stereotypically evil dudes. Simple as that.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This guy likely looks similar to Ganondorf because they are both stereotypically evil dudes. Simple as that.

Sorry, but I see nothing stereotypical about this guy:

soqzyw.jpg

He is more than evil--just by looking at him I can tell he's arrogant, indifferent, and a further definition of bad. Coupled with his wicked sword, he will be an indomitable foe for us to fell.

Z

zelda448

I'm really very curious as to who this guy is. The triforce on his sword makes me think it's either an early form of the evil that Ganondorf represents, or it's an evolved form that Ghirahim takes on for the last battle or whatever. On the one hand, I really hope they don't toss Ganondorf into the game at the last second a la Twilight Princess, but if that thing is representative of what eventually becomes Ganondorf, then that'd be a good way to at least give him a kind of origin story.

S

sheikah

there can only be one man from the gerudu tribe and that is ganandorf for the most part. this is before ganandorf so if the firehead is part of the gerudus then i think he holds the triforce of power. but link must kill him so that ganandorf can be born. i dont think this guy is ganandorfs predessesor tho because i dont think any gerudus have fire heads.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Sorry, but I see nothing stereotypical about this guy:

soqzyw.jpg

He is more than evil--just by looking at him I can tell he's arrogant, indifferent, and a further definition of bad. Coupled with his wicked sword, he will be an indomitable foe for us to fell.

IMO, this guy is more of a stock villain than Ganondorf was. Ganondorf was built originally as a stock villain in Zelda 1, but over the series, he's build up his own type of attitude and evil aura that is different from other villains. Even from game to game, his attitudes are unique - from being strategic and deep in Wind Waker to the arrogant, "I'm too skill for you" Ganondorf in Twilight Princess. This new guy just looks too similar to many, usually Japanese, villains out there (first thing coming to mind if Akuma from Street Fighter). I even prefer Ghirahim over this. At least Ghirahim is fairly unique, with a cool, aloof, "I don't really care, I just battle you just to humor me for the heck of it" attitude in a fabulous appearance.

@ Thareous

We are using the same definition of stereotypical right?

Flaming hair, black skin, aa huge sword, an ugly grimace, and a cape don't strike you as cliche?

This dude is the definition of stereotype. Just because he actually looks really cool doesn't mean he's not.

Also those descriptions you gave are all things you'd expect to find in just about every villain.

Perhaps there will be some story to koume and kotake here... seeing as one of them had flaming hair as well. But I think that's just coincidence and the flaming hair and massive build is just for intimidation and the looks can and will kill you villain.

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
IMO, this guy is more of a stock villain than Ganondorf was. Ganondorf was built originally as a stock villain in Zelda 1, but over the series, he's build up his own type of attitude and evil aura that is different from other villains. Even from game to game, his attitudes are unique - from being strategic and deep in Wind Waker to the arrogant, "I'm too skill for you" Ganondorf in Twilight Princess. This new guy just looks too similar to many, usually Japanese, villains out there (first thing coming to mind if Akuma from Street Fighter). I even prefer Ghirahim over this. At least Ghirahim is fairly unique, with a cool, aloof, "I don't really care, I just battle you just to humor me for the heck of it" attitude in a fabulous appearance.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw this enemy first.
He looks like as if he was made to resemble a Street Fighter character, but with a sword.
And yes the enemy looks a bit unoriginal, being built, dark and threatening.

Indeed, he's a good cliche villain for the smaller, more agile hero that we see a lot. He just seems to be an opposite of Link that we always come across. (No complaints of course! lol I love the good old cliche!)

To me seems more than a hint....
I think it's like a dream or a "vision"(I use this term loosely). Imo it's definitely related to The Imprisoned, and the big guy from the recent artwork, I think they're one and the same. The Imprisoned has that stone slab in his head and the new guy has that white scar on his forehead. Not to mention the scales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom