• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ganondorf

T

TheLastLink

meh, if Ganondorf does appear in zelda wii, he better put on a good show, not just the whole "Oh, it was actually Ganondorf the whole time"
thing.:dry: otherwise, i would really like to have Vaati in Zelda wii , i bet he would look so awesome in 3D..;)

enemytracker

無情な
Inside my personal pot, killing some bugs.
I think that there are some possibilities:

1. Ganondorf can be unsealed by an unknow character. Maybe the misterious girl.
2. Ganondorf's ghost can possess someone.
3. Maybe a descendant of Ganondorf can take his place.

But I think that most people won't agree with me, because he was released and then sealed back in almost every Zelda game.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I actually would love the idea of there being a son of Ganondorf who becomes the new villain in games to come. That would be awesome. A youthful Ganondorf is essentially what he would be. GREAT IDEA!

This is what would be awesome. Link grows up in a village as an orphan (like always) and his best friend could be a boy the same age as him and will be one of the main characters. Later on in the game you find out that they are respectively descendants of a past Link and Ganondorf. Thus the boy who is best friends with Link realizes his destiny and tries to take over Hyrule while Link tries to stop him. It would be cool to have the main villain be someone who used to be close to Link. I'm actually surprised something like that hasn't been utilized yet.

B

BigHeadLink

I would be happy to see ganon return in this game as long as they do not to the whole "evil guy takes over hyrule, evil guy turns out to be a puppet for ganon at the plot twist" type story line, because it is sort of getting kind of old by now.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Ganondorf is totally "THE SOLE EPIC VILLIAN OF THE SERIES" as said by M-SwordLink. Zelda as a series is based on three things:
1. Princess Zelda (DUH)
2. The Triforce (It's on the cover of TP, it's all over the place in Oot)
3. Their goddesses (Din, Nayru, and Farore, the creators of the Triforce)
4. The Sacred Realm
5. Link!!!
(OK, it's more than 3, but i thought of a bunch of new things.)
Gonondorf ties into all of those things. The Triforce is my all-time favorite element of the Zelda series. It's a TRIangle. 'TRI' meaning 'three' The Triforce holders are Link, Zelda (also known as Tetra), and GANONDORF. Not Link, Zelda, and Malladus, not Link, Zelda and Majora. I love the concept of the struggle for the Triforce and the Sacred Realm between Link, Ganondorf, and Zelda. I love all his wacky returns and new styles. And i'd LOVE to see him in Zelda Wii.

Zora Link

I hate being nice. D:
Nah, I'd rather have a completely new villian that's never been in a zelda game before, preferably as creepy and disturbing as possible. After looking at TP, I realised ol' Ganny had put on a few pounds, and he was better in WW to be fair.

D

deathsword94

seeing Ganondorf would be very cool. give him different forms, maybe even fight him while flying!. but what would be even cooler is to see another character like Zant. personally, i think the Zant boss battle is the best in zelda history. period. have another villain like zant, and zelda wii is looking to be awesome

This is what would be awesome. Link grows up in a village as an orphan (like always) and his best friend could be a boy the same age as him and will be one of the main characters. Later on in the game you find out that they are respectively descendants of a past Link and Ganondorf. Thus the boy who is best friends with Link realizes his destiny and tries to take over Hyrule while Link tries to stop him. It would be cool to have the main villain be someone who used to be close to Link. I'm actually surprised something like that hasn't been utilized yet.

Oh wow. My first impression of a kid Ganondorf idea was a bad one, but you make it sound like it could be one of the best plots in the entire series!

I completely see where you're going: The classic story of long time friendship being betrayed because of something that happened in the past that leads to destiny that none of them can control. Some would call that cliche, but I think it would work perfectly in a Zelda game since we've never seen it before. But then again, that seems way too good and deep for Nintendo to even consider, since they just seem to be about the Bowser/Mario relationship when it comes to Link/Ganondorf, which isn't a very complex one at all. It'd be so nice for there to be an actual emotional link between the two, one that was explored and delved into, like the Final Fantasy heros and villains on many occasions. Making the two childhood friends seems to be a great way to do that.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I completely agree with you, Vergy. It REALLY surprises me that the fact that Ganondorf has been used so much has not led to an actual, emotional tie between him and any Link in the series. For as much as they use him, they should have formed some sort of personal connection between the two rather than "Link, you are good and Ganny is bad so fight him."

Although, I'm not sure I agree that Link/Ganondorf is synonymous with Mario/Bowser. Mario and Bowser definitely have a personal/emotional relationship that has led them to being the worst of enemies and even close allies on many occasions.

Anyway, for as cliche as the idea may be, I feel as though Zelda is the perfect series to pull something like that off.

guy

Junior Junior Member
i think they should , but most likely wont, make the main villain ganondorf for the first half but then find out who it really is, link from OoT. this would be perfect because a lot of people played this when it first came out and now are really old(no offense, i'm only twelve and anyone who's like 20 or so i think is old) and and would probably make killing him at the end really emotional and tough to do. i think this would be a perfect thing to do, but i just know they won't.

hsb39

Why so logical?
I would be OK with the usual Dorf based storyline, however I think that it could be better. If they could actually surprise me with "it's Ganondorf" that would be amazing. I am also liking the idea of a more emotional attachment to the characters, and possibly even a son. I also wouldn't mind a descendant of Link finding out who he is because of Ganondorf, trying to assassinate him early or something like that. Finally, why not just be explicit? Ganondorf ruling Hyrule from the very start.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I would be OK with the usual Dorf based storyline, however I think that it could be better. If they could actually surprise me with "it's Ganondorf" that would be amazing. I am also liking the idea of a more emotional attachment to the characters, and possibly even a son. I also wouldn't mind a descendant of Link finding out who he is because of Ganondorf, trying to assassinate him early or something like that. Finally, why not just be explicit? Ganondorf ruling Hyrule from the very start.

I see what you're saying. Have the game take place during a time where Ganondorf has long ruled in tyranny. That would be cool. Link would be like the start of a rebellion. I like that idea as well.

hsb39

Why so logical?
Another small thing that I would like. I would like to see Ganondorf not as the main villain, but just showing him as a side character *before* OoT, possibly explain his evil, as something related to the main quest, but not as the final act.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
In my personal opinion I don't really mind. But I think it might be good for a new villian to be in Zelda Wii. A totally unique one that we have never seen before who has a devious history and fits into the game perfectly. But that is in the ideal world. I need to buy Wii Motion Plus first...

hsb39

Why so logical?
In my personal opinion I don't really mind. But I think it might be good for a new villian to be in Zelda Wii. A totally unique one that we have never seen before who has a devious history and fits into the game perfectly. But that is in the ideal world. I need to buy Wii Motion Plus first...

Motion Plus will probably come with a deal with the game. The idea of him fitting in perfectly seems like a decent idea to me, as in, it's a character that has been in the games, that we would never expect to turn out as a villain (and isn't Tingle, I don't hate him, I just don't see him as villain material).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom