• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ganondorf

Zelda_Queen

Hick Hylian
I agree with Random Person.
If they do decide to do a new villain, I like to see some adult personalities like Zant and Ganondorf had. Don't get me wrong, I loved Possessed Skull Kid, and there was nothing wrong with Vaati but I get more satisfaction when the guy I'm going after is a conquering villain than a spoiled brat. Fighting a spoiled brat makes me feel sorry for them cause the're just mislead.
PICTURE IT LIKE THIS: ur at a park, a five year old kicks sand in your face and u beat him up. Thats sort of like fighting Skull Kid. Hes only a kid. he doesnt no wat hes doin! Iv finished Spirit Tracks & am workin on wind waker, and I <3 GANONDORF he totally rocks (u no in a villainy world domination kind of way) best villain ever malladus was cool and im gonna get bellum when im don with WW but i like ganondorf th best ps i havnt gotn to the backstory that everyones talkin about so dont spoil it

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I think it's an incredibly invalid argument that Ganon's in too many games. He's only been a final boss in seven games (counting only one Oracle game) out of fifteen so far - that's not even half! Besides that, he's the main villain of the series. We're not getting rid of him that easily. The games that don't involve Ganon in the story are generally considered side-stories. There are two exceptions (The Minish Cap and Spirit Tracks), but that's okay since TMC is giving background to a different game's backstory, and ST is developing its own side of the timeline, with its own different Hyrule and villains. I would think that some Zelda fans would be very happy about that.

Considering Zelda Wii, however, I don't entirely expect Ganondorf to reappear. It depends on whether or not it's a direct sequel to Twilight Princess. If it is a direct sequel, there's a low chance of him appearing. Even if it's not, I doubt it will be GanonDORF. Nintendo has been pretty consistent with his human form dying once in each timeline, so if Zelda Wii is a distant sequel to Twilight Princess, then chances are that Ganon will be there. Getting rid of him would make little to no sense. I imagine they'll do something to explain how beast Ganon appears in later games.

It may be, however, that Zelda Wii goes somewhere in the timeline that we're not anticipating. In that case, Ganon may or may not be in the game. I think it still stands that Ganondorf will only appear in human form if it's before Twilight Princess (or maybe if he's shown in a flashback).

T

Tily

I don't mind either way if Ganondorf is in the next Zelda game or not :D but from the looks of it, I think he will be in Zelda Wii. Personally, I think it'd be wonderful if we can get a new villain, especially from unexpected people, like the Skull Kid, but I don't we'll see anything like that from the Zelda franchise for a long time haha.

eponafan

Midna fan also
they could say(halfway through the game) that ganon is links dad!(dun dun duuuun!) but make it an early game, like the first EVER!

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
they could say(halfway through the game) that ganon is links dad!(dun dun duuuun!) but make it an early game, like the first EVER!
That's just weird if a Gerudo is the dad of a Hylian and let's not forget that there are many Links (Hero of Time, Hyrule, Winds etc).

I don't have a console but if what Nintendo stated was correct, Ganondorf will not be in Zelda Wii IF it's a sequal to TP unless some evil villan resseructed Ganondorf.

Then one awesome thing would be if they team up to fight a villan but it's all part of Ganondorf's secret plan to see Link's moves and weapons. The villan is the 4th or 3rd boss of the game but that's enough to investigate Link's moves and Ganondorf has seen enough to be more powerful that ever. Link will also have to journey to beat more dungeons and get the Master Sword to beat Ganon(dorf). That would be a really good plot but I'm not sure how other fans would react to this.

jugglaj91

I am me....
Do you want Ganondorf to be in Zelda Wii Why or why not?

No I do not want Ganondorf in Zelda Wii. I want Ganon in Zelda Wii. My main reasons for this is many so forgive me if I do go a little off topic but all comes together in the end.

#1. I would rather not have a sidekick (Navi, Midna, Etc.) Doing this opens up the game world with a little less story and more action.

#2. Less story means little need for Ganon to run around in "human" form.

#3. No "human" form means more time for him to concentrate on tougher enemies to fight.

#4. Tougher enemies means more time for him to develop his magic to use on himself to be a tougher enemy for Link.

Those are my main reasons for wanting Ganon, not Ganondorf.

B

bluedudex2

Ganondorf has been in most of the games so no, I would like to see Ganon or a new person.

Octo Rocked

Dr. Octorokapus BLAAAAAH!
I personally think that it'd be a better idea to invert the whole "Hijacked by Ganon" thing. If Ganon/Ganondorf is going to be in the game, make him the villain from the start. But better yet, set Ganon/dorf up as the main villain, but then reveal someone who's been using him as a pawn. Someone clever enough to manipulate Ganondorf (if done well) would instantly gain my respect.

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
I'd love to see Ganondorf return. Of the villains in the Zelda games, I've always felt Ganondorf is the deadliest and most evil. Ganondorf's returns throughout the games has given him a story, his returns have made me care about him and love him as an antagonist. I'd rather have Ganondorf return than have Nintendo introduce another Zelda villain that I won't care so much about. For example, Vaati, Majora's mask, Veran, Malladus, Bellum, Onox etc. Ganon has proved his strength and evil-ness by always returning from death or his seal or however he was defeated, and this only makes me feel even more that he is truly an evil and great villain.

W

WelcomeToHyrule

I think it would be cool to have Ganon back, but Nintendo will have to add a really got plot to it. I'd like to get to know Ganon a bit better, to understand his motives. But then I don't really have a problem with a new enemy, although Bellum and Cole were disappointing. A 3D Vaati could work. He's only appeared on handhelds so far, and he's as good as Ganon. Maybe all of them escape, and you use time control (like Ocarina of Time) to travel back and defeat them all. Just a thought. Although it sounds a bit too over-the-top for a Zelda game.

Y

younglink

i so want ganondorf to be in the next game because because he's so frickin fun to beat up

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
I want him to be in it, but not the only antagonist.

When I say this I don't mean they same scenario as in TP where he had his puppet, Zant.
I mean a second antagonist with different ambitions who is in no way connected to Ganondorf.
A mysterious and at the same time terrible antagonist.

B

Bloot

The problem I have with Ganondorf coming back is that he's predictable and boring as a villain. There's only so many twists you can have with him. I mean, he was great in OoT and maniacal in WW, but felt so tacked on and unoriginal in TP, and the last thing I want to see is a reused villain concept. I loved Majora as a character, childish and crazy, and even though I've never played OoA, Veran struck me as an awesome villain from what I saw in the manga, sadistically cruel. Then in ST we get Malladus, which was totally a Ganon-ripoff and a terrible character compared to Cole and Byrne, and I started feeling rather resentful towards Ganon and everything he stands for as a villain. I'm not saying I'd hate to see him in Zelda Wii, but I'd hate to see the stale idea of a giant demon/puppet master hiding behind other lesser villains while looking to get a super-powered relic to take over the world. Unfortunately, that's Ganondorf's image, so honestly, I'd much rather he stayed dead.

I agree. Ganon can come back quintessentially, but maybe a different approach of beating him would be refreshing. It's seems like Zelda always has to be there or something. Maybe a real mono e mono battle between he and Link would be interesting, like in TP except, you know, without Zelda. Plus, adding Zant was a cool way to go too; some of the focus was taken off of the "save Zelda, beat Ganon" tandem. I think I would like Ganon explored some more as a character as well. I'm ready to have sympathy for him.

Although Ganon(dorf) is the all time best villain of Zelda, I do feel like his appearance in almost every major Zelda release is getting redundant. In a way, he limits the plot. I would like to see Nintendo explore new villains for a few games before making another title with Ganon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom