• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Ganondorf or Zant?

zellinkda

one of many
Hey guys! so I recently put up a poll that talked about TP called, did you like twilight princess? anyways, I saw some really good responses to my poll(nice job on the responses guys I love reading them :) ) and what I noticed is that people who didn't really enjoy TP didn't like that Zant kinda left the picture forever in the end. so my question is, that Do you think Nintendo should put Zant in another Zelda game? If not, what do you think we should do about Zant if anything. Thoughts please!

Last edited:

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
Zant can't be in any more Zelda games because he died in Twilight Princess and TP comes right after MM and OoT. He was a great Boss and character and I really wish he was the Main Antagonist in TP.

Zant can't be in any more Zelda games because he died in Twilight Princess and TP comes right after MM and OoT. He was a great Boss and character and I really wish he was the Main Antagonist in TP.

When has a Boss dying stopped Nintendo from re-using him?

If Nintendo were to bring him back I'd like to see him in more of a Vatti light.

But theres no real telling what Nintendo will do.

Link 2 the past

Slashy Slashy
Aside from Gannon, Vatti is the only re-used villain to date. He he as only in the four sword games. So if they did bring him back I think it would only be in a sequel in TP.

TheMightyThor

The Thunder God
I think I would like to see more of Zant and find away to bring him back because he died. Curse you Minda you've ruined a great villain for future sequels, and Ganondorf in Twilight Princess should've been his last appearence regardless of the timeline theories on NES Zelda games.

Hero

Prince of *drum roll*
I thought Zant was an intimidating villain...UNTIL he lifted his helmet and had his "temper tantrum". That is where I lost all respect for him.
I like Ganondorf more than Zant, but thought his presence in TP was not needed at all. In fact I felt like it almost hindered the game.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
I loved Zant's role in Twilight Princess, and wouldn't change a thing about him. Though he seemed like this demonic evil, he really turned out to be an absolute coward, and it is always interesting to me to see a villain shown in that way, since it's the way many "real-life bad guys" are (you know, bullies are always said to be secure, and I doubt that runners of mass Ponzi Schemes are that intimidating in person).

That being said, though it was a nice break from the usual intimidating, overpowering Ganon, I wouldn't want to see him or another cowardly evil in the Zelda series. Though such a villain is an interesting break from the same old, once they are used more than once or MAYBE twice, they seem a bit tired and as a sign of a developer trying to be different for the sake of being different. In the next Zelda game after Skyward Sword, I would love to see Ganon(dorf?) make his return as the primary villain and final boss.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Ganondorf was megalomaniacal (power-hungry), whereas Zant was insane. His exile from the Twili maddened him; and his first encounter with Ganon fed him a vision which heightened his wrath. Remembering what Midna did to him, Zant lashed out with his newfound power and usurped her. To repay his lord for assisting in his vengeance, he cloaked the Light World in shadow and gave Hyrule over to Ganon. Nevertheless, the fire within still burned, for Midna was merely cast out, as he was, but she deserved a severer punishment. He wished to torment her...so in the Light Spirit Lanayru's chamber he waylaid her and exposed her to the Spirit's radiance, knowing little that she could be restored.

It was when Link and Midna came before him in the Palace that Zant's composure finally cracked. Deluded as he was by Ganon's revelation of true power, he desired to cover all in twilight, and spilled out his intentions at that point in the rant of a madman. His irrationality was his downfall, because if his mind was in full health Zant could have fulfilled his plans, becoming ruler of two worlds: the Twilight Realm and the Light World.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Zant was a great boss and villain. He was creepy, insane, and cool but I think he's done. The first thing is it would conflict with the time line because one he's dead and doesn't even have any remains so how could they bring him back? Now I know your thinking about all those times Nintendo brought back Ganon over and over and over again but he made it clear he was coming back and he always has some remains. Like come on how can you bring back someone who was blown up like a ballon. They can't make a prequel for him because at that time he was just a Twili who wanted to be the leader and not a dictator like in this game.

After looking back on Zant's end over and over it seems as if Nintendo says goodbye! I mean it's not like he says "I will get you" or anything he tells Midna she's doomed and then explodes into nothingness. Now I know Nintendo loves to bring back old things from the earlier games but that was with the main villeins. Not some crazy side villain that is from a land that the only way to get their was destroyed!!! Even if he was to come back to life how would he get back? The mirror of twilight was the only way to and from the twilight realm. So no I don't think we are going to see Zante come back.

The Mirror of Twilight was shattered and not to mention that Zant doesn't even have any kind of magic or powers by himself. His magic was Ganondorf's and without it he was just a pathetic man in the first place. Once he acquired power he got a case of the little man syndrome and thought he was all powerful and couldn't be stopped. But... Link kept defeating him and impeding upon his plans and so his thought processes became overwhelmed: he was all powerful, no one could stop him! but someone was! He didn't know what to do or how to handle it, so he went crazy, he retracted upon his old ways of cowardice and weakness. Ganondorf knew that he would only be a pawn and wouldn't really be a threat, if he did end up being somewhat threatening, all he'd have to do was kill him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom