• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Ganondorf: is This a Joke?

was ganondorf easy or hard?

• easy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • hard

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

zellinkda

one of many
But Ganondorf was an enormous disappointment, just like the rest of the game. It's a shame, really...
i dunno about that, saying the whole game was a disappointment. i quite enjoyed TP, i just thought that ganondorf's final battle should've been harder. otherwise, it was a good game although it will never match up to MM in my opinion GO MM!!!!!!!!!!!

Starleap

Canadian Girl
I loved fighting Gannon. The part with Puppet Zelda and when he goes into beast mode were probably the easiest.I didn't like the Horse back fight, but it was alright.

I love the final battle against Gannon when it's just you, him and your swords. Of course, I have an epic gamers thumb, so over powering him took me approximately 0.5 seconds to accomplish. XD

All in all, I love the ending boss. It's awesome.

nintendo has got to stop relying on oot. come up with cold hard ideas! I really like TP but i think the final boss could have been harder.

I think that they really strayed from OoT with Skyward Sword, but what they missed out on was the exploration element in that game. But I respect the decision to have a small overworld because I think Nintendo really wants to give each and every Zelda game their own feel from now on.

Ganondorf was like Skyward Sword: entirely loopable and just way too easy.

Couldn't have thought of a better analogy!

The problem with the bosses of the Zelda series since OoT is that they are designed to be made somewhat difficult, but beatable for the beginner/intermediate player, and so when it comes to expert players, we are left out to dry. This was the approach that Nintendo took to the entirety of SS. They made enemies more of a challenge by causing all damage inflicted upon Link to be greater (in SS the damage of a Bokoblin is a full heart, previous games it was half) and giving them more of a defense system, but the world was easy to traverse and was quite small and the puzzles were made to be simple and again, difficult but solvable for the beginner or intermediate, but for the most part excrutiatingly easy for experts. SS, just as many new Zelda bosses such as Ganondorf in TP was made for the casual gamer.

The toughest Ganondorf IMO is in WW, and if you count Puppet Ganon as the first phase of that battle, especially that phase. OoT's was too easy strategy-wise, even though he did deal a lot more damage than the TP one (Dark Beast Ganon takes only scrapes off half a heart, Ganon's swords take off a whopping 4 hearts). TP wussied out when it came to damage inflicted, but required a little more strategical thinking.

It wasn't totally a joke of a battle IMO. It could have been way harder, but it wasn't a total pushover.

Phase 1: super easy. Although it seemed wrong to be volleying orbs of death at my precious zelda
Phase 2: medium. It took me a while to figure out to shoot him in the face a few times then fight as a wolf.
Phase 3: hard. I lost many many hearts in this. His horse is cosmic. The ghost riders don't pose much of a threat but are very annoying. And if Ganondorf circles behind you then you're screwed.
Phase 4: medium/hard. I like how he attacks; breaks your defenses and follows up with a pounding. The problem? Big hits from his giant sword only take away 1/2 heart. And my thumb nearly fell off during the part where he locks swords with you. (Maybe I was pushing A too fast, idk)

In the end I think the epicness makes up for the easiness. IMO, this is the second most epic final boss (demise being 1st)

Last edited:

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
You probably should have put a moderate or medium option because I felt that he wasn't hard but he wasn't necessarily easy. For me he was somewhere in the middle.

You can shoot him? I always just turned straight into a wolf and awaited the portal hide and seek.

Yeah until he starts coming out of portals above your head. On the third or so shot he'll charge at you until you shoot then disappear and appear right above you. And it hurts lol

Last edited:
Yeah until he starts coming out of portals above your head. On the third or so shot he'll charge at you until you shoot then disappear and appear right above you. And it hurts lol

beast ganon I never used human form, midna suggested I turn into a wolf so I was wolf link the whole battle.

beast ganon I never used human form, midna suggested I turn into a wolf so I was wolf link the whole battle.

Yeah I tried as human first because Im in love with the hero's bow :P wolf link is better to do for the whole time though because even when you shoot him he hits the dirt and can slide into you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom