• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Ganondorf Dying and Zant, What Does It Mean?

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
It means Zant is taking revenge for Ganondorf manipulating him and using him as his puppet. He delivers Ganon the final blow.

Salem

SICK
It was never clarified in the game, did the HH ever say what was that all about?

It means Zant is taking revenge for Ganondorf manipulating him and using him as his puppet. He delivers Ganon the final blow.
That makes sense but, how do you figure that? Was it mentioned anywhere?

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
That makes sense but, how do you figure that? Was it mentioned anywhere?

Not that I'm aware off, but it does make sense to me. Zant was a weakling in the Twilight World and Ganon appeared in front of him as a god. Zant did not know that Ganon was only using him to escape the Twilight himself. I like to think that Zant feels some remorse in the end and aids Link and Midna in the final moments of the game. Redemption is a big theme in TP in my opinion.

An other theory is that Zant, by accepting Ganon's help and power, becomes connected with Ganon. And thus, for Zant to really die (after being impaled by Midna), Ganon must die too. In this way Zant gains peace at last.

But as I said, I don't have real evidence to support both theories. It was quite a gruesome scene in the game. The cutscenes in TP gave the game a more 'mature' edge. I'm playing it right now :P

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Mask-Salesman said:
Another theory is that Zant, by accepting Ganon's help and power, becomes connected with Ganon. And thus, for Zant to really die (after being impaled by Midna), Ganon must die too. In this way Zant gains peace at last.

If I recall correctly, Zant granted Ganondorf power over the Twilight Realm and its forces. So it would make sense for Zant to use the power he gave Ganondorf against him after realizing he had been duped.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Many say that its Zant delivering the final blow, but I always saw it as just a sign of Ganon's final defeat. There were so many times that he "almost" died that it was probably needed to make clear that he was gone for good this time.

OmenBlite

OmenBlite
It's symbolic of, in my opinion, the nature of power: the weak, whom power corrupts, will crumble from beneath it, and the strong, who corrupt power, will fall from above it.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Well, from all that I've seen and read, I don't think there has ever been any official statement saying what this actually represents. What we can gather is that along with Zant's little head tilt/neck crack, Ganondorf dies.

I don't believe Zant did anything physical to Ganny, it's more of a spiritual, afterlifey thingy (gorgeous description, IK). I believe that when Zant decided to worship Ganny, Zant put his entire faith and him and borrowed his power much like a Religion (sort of). He had a spiritual connection. The head tilt to me was sort of an emotional signal sent from Zant in his afterlife saying "Screw you ******* ur powers suck i don't need this crap I ain't worshipping u no more". So some sort of connection is broken between the two, and Ganny has no more support from Zant. And dies.

Makes sense in my head.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Zant is dead and Ganondorf’s on his last legs. However, a part of Ganondorf’s power lived within Zant himself, so something tells me that Zant was alive spiritually.

Cracking the neck in that fashion is usually a sign of death. This shows that the last power of Ganondorf, that Zant had, has now gone. Although, I wouldn't look into the scene too much; it's basically a symbolism of Ganondorf’s death more than anything.

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
I don't believe Zant did anything physical to Ganny, it's more of a spiritual, afterlifey thingy (gorgeous description, IK). I believe that when Zant decided to worship Ganny, Zant put his entire faith and him and borrowed his power much like a Religion (sort of). He had a spiritual connection. The head tilt to me was sort of an emotional signal sent from Zant in his afterlife saying "Screw you ******* ur powers suck i don't need this crap I ain't worshipping u no more"
I pretty much agree, basically I would interpret it like this: when people die they are depicted as seeing angels or demons (Saint Peter, the grim reaper and so on), depending on their actions in life, well in this case since Ganon was a crap person he's definitely going to the same place as Zant, and at this point I'm pretty sure Zant is pretty pissed off at Ganon, so of course he gets to meet him first in the afterlife (for some payback), but the whole neck cracking thing was just to enhance the effect of Ganon finally croaking, I wouldn't go too deep into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom