• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ganondorf Cameo in Skyward Sword

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Technically, it would depend on the gap between Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword. If it was only, let's say, ten to twenty years, then there will most likely be a Ganondorf cameo. If it was a hundred years, then unless Nintendo finds the fountain of youth, Ganondorf will most likely not be in the game, even if it is a cameo.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Hmm... I like the idea, but as traditional a chracter as Ganondorf is, I think he should stay out of the game. I think Nintendo should worry about the new villian, assuming the pale figure IS new, than focus on an old character, even if it's just a cameo or an easter egg. That's just what I think.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
As much as I would LOVE to see a SS Ganondorf, the more I think about the Master Sword's origins the less likely Ganondorf's appearance is...Like stated by many ppl above, the Master Sword is already legendary in Ocarina of Time and the game will have to take place at least 100+ years before Ocarina of Time. Ganondorf is believed to be the "original" Ganondorf in OoT and unless Nintendo retcons that then I do not think we'll be seeing Ganondorf in this game. However it is interesting that you guys note the cameo appearance because it totally could work as a future prophecy...*SPOILER WARNING READ ONLY IF YOUVE BEATEN OoT!!!!!*For example remember at the end of OoT when Ganondorf is in the void and he says that one day he will come back and destroy both Link and Zelda's ancestors? The end of SS could be like that where the main enemy will reveal after his defeat that a new King of Evil will rise up and take his place followed by a back shot of Ganondorf and him laughing...That wouldn't really ruin anything at all as it's a foreshadowing of the events of OoT. This may confuse new players of the series but itd be a nice easter egg for the veterans! and I love the idea of a little Ganondorf running around the Gerudo camp shooting Deku nuts at Link as stated above, that idea made me laugh! :)

The odds of Ganondorf making a cameo even similar to the way you suggest are rather slim. Hmm... I DO wonder if there will be a portrait or something of someone that looks like him or the Gerudo, in general... You know? Like, how they had that picture of Impa hanging on the wall in Tetra's room on her ship (Wind Waker).

Pen

The game is on!
It's a very interesting idea, and it would be really cool if they did this!
Despite the previous comments about Ganondorf being to young in Ocarina of Time to be able to appear as a child in Skyward Sword, there is still a possibility, for we do not yet know how old a Gerudo can become.
:ganondorf:

EDIT: Also, the Master Sword is the only sword that can kill Ganondorf. So perhaps the Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword because it somehow knows that someday it will have to defeat this Ganondorf.

Last edited:
hmmmm... GOT IT:) Anyone else remember Ganondorf DRAGMIRE??? from A Link to the Past. This was the only time Ganondorf was given a surname, how about the previous Geurudo King is in the game and he is called ------ Dragmire? good idea? Reply please?

Well I want a picture of Ezlo :D

Pen

The game is on!
hmmmm... GOT IT:) Anyone else remember Ganondorf DRAGMIRE??? from A Link to the Past. This was the only time Ganondorf was given a surname, how about the previous Geurudo King is in the game and he is called ------ Dragmire? good idea? Reply please?

Well I want a picture of Ezlo :D

Yeah, there is actually no need for Ganondorf to be in Skyward Sword, but something related to him, such as your idea about his father, grandfather, or even great grandfather! That would be awesome! :)

Here's a picture of Ezlo! :D
Ezlo.png

Ha, I love this idea!!
...sort of...
I was very angry that Ganondorf was pushed into TP at the last minute and making Zant look like an idiot. This idea would obviously be much more comical and I could see that happening in this art style (like how WW was). For all you theory people out there, Nintendo doesn't care about the timeline and they could put anyone they want in SS. If Ganondorf ends up being the bad guy again, theorists will just make up new timelines and find different ways for the games to fit together. ;)

Goron Link

Keep on Roll'n
as much as i would love to see this i dont think its not going to happen.. but if nintendo made that even though the guredos look young they live hundreds of years that could explain ganondorfs youngness in OoT and make this happen in SS

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Weren't Koume and Kotake 400 something years old each? Ganondorf may even be over 100 in OoT, and we don't even know. He very well could be in SS if that is normal aging for the Gerudo.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Weren't Koume and Kotake 400 something years old each? Ganondorf may even be over 100 in OoT, and we don't even know. He very well could be in SS if that is normal aging for the Gerudo.

Ganondorf's obviously young in Ocarina of Time. He had to have been born a little before the backstory of Ocarina of Time. I just don't see any reason why not. (Koume and Kotake are also evil witch-hags with intense powers. They don't seem human.)

Djinn

and Tonic

I said something like this in my first post as well. But really if Ganondorf was to appear anywhere it would be as an easter egg carefully stashed somewhere. Either as a statue, carving on a wall, or a picture on a window. I seriously doubt he would appear in any form unless he was the hidden reveal villain similar to TP or FSA. And yes while the story does take place in a world with magic that is capable of explaining away any odd continuity error the creators can make up, it would be a little too much. Since Ganondorf has appeared near the end of too many titles now and people are actually hoping for someone new in a sequel just for something different.

Although I do hope the Gerudo make an appearance somewhere in the game, they were an interesting concept by Nintendo. And as the people of the most popular villain of the story, I believe they have a right to remain in Hyrule along with the other traditional tribes Gorons and Zora.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom