• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ganondorf Backstory?

I just wanted some thoughts on this. Do you believe we will get a little BS on Ganondorf, like possibly as a child or something? Will he somehow be involved in the story? Especially if it is to take place about 100 years before OoT.

I would love to keep my hopes up, but I dont think he will actually be in the game at all. We might get a few references to a child being born or something like that. I also at the end their will be a big scene where he is born, like Link is too late or something.

Well, Aonuma said the game will explain 'why Ganondorf showed up' in OoT, so I guess we will...

Djinn

and Tonic
Honestly no, I do not think we will be seeing Ganondorf in this game even as a child. That said I actually have some hopes that we do not see Ganondorf within the game since I cannot see Nintendo adding him and not using him as the main antagonist in some way. Another Ganondorf reveal would really hurt the character in my opinion. It has been done enough over the years and frankly I would rather see someone new threaten Hyrule for a change.

Even appearing as a child I do not think it would work, I would rather see a previous Gerudo King ruling the desert realm of Hyrule. Ruling as a true thief king lording over a harem country would. That interesting mixture of villainy and decadence just might rival what we have seen of Ghirahim in some ways. But as an unfavorable NPC that is not necessarily an enemy but someone you have to make a few missions for could add an interesting element to the setting. Not every civilization can be as perfect as the Hylian settlements or as tribal evil as the monsters like Moblins or Bulblins. A backstory on the Gerudo tribe sounds so much more interesting to me than more info on Ganondorf. We already know quite a bit on Ganondorf, his motivations and his character, but we know so little about the tribe he comes from. Almost everything is conjecture based on what was seen in OoT which gave us the bare minimum.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Do you have the link on you where he says this?

I think this should cover it. http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2011/06/aonuma-gives-more-skyward-sword-story-details/

This game talks about the birth of the Master Sword, and it touches on why Ganondorf showed up. If you play it, I think you’ll get some understanding on that. It connects to Ocarina, so if you play Ocarina of Time 3D and move on to this game, I think you’ll catch on to a lot of things.

D

Dean456

isn't the whole purpose of the master sword to stop gannon?

Anyway I have a theory about gannondorf in this game its been confirmed that Link will have a classmate that becomes his rival and will pop up in various ways throughout the game. If you've seen the video of Link and three others racing for a statue tied to a bird for a date with Zelda. Before the race starts they are lined up before they jump off the ledge and the character standing next to Link has a pretty big build and red hair I believe this is Links rival and will later become gannon or a relation to gannon who possibly gets a hold of the magic ghirahim has after Link defeats him.

His character throughout the game will become jealous of the relationship Link and Zelda have and turn into the evil we know you know that whole story n it would fit, this love triangle sort of playing off the triforce always being split between them 3 I think this is plausible there's still a lot to be explained but i think this game is set for a bombshell story wise and this would be fitting I think.

isn't the whole purpose of the master sword to stop gannon?

Anyway I have a theory about gannondorf in this game its been confirmed that Link will have a classmate that becomes his rival and will pop up in various ways throughout the game. If you've seen the video of Link and three others racing for a statue tied to a bird for a date with Zelda. Before the race starts they are lined up before they jump off the ledge and the character standing next to Link has a pretty big build and red hair I believe this is Links rival and will later become gannon or a relation to gannon who possibly gets a hold of the magic ghirahim has after Link defeats him.

His character throughout the game will become jealous of the relationship Link and Zelda have and turn into the evil we know you know that whole story n it would fit, this love triangle sort of playing off the triforce always being split between them 3 I think this is plausible there's still a lot to be explained but i think this game is set for a bombshell story wise and this would be fitting I think.

First of all, Gannon banned! Secondly, Ganondor is a Gerudo and wouldn't belong to the same tribe as Link and Zelda. People barely know anything of Ganondorf when he comes to Hyrule in OoT. I really don't see the developers going in that direction.

Djinn

and Tonic
First of all, Gannon banned! Secondly, Ganondor is a Gerudo and wouldn't belong to the same tribe as Link and Zelda. People barely know anything of Ganondorf when he comes to Hyrule in OoT. I really don't see the developers going in that direction.

I don't think interspecies relationships are considered any form of taboo in Hyrule at all. Princess Ruto seemed to be fairly intent on marrying Link and this was not considered anything strange to anyone within the game. Plue we are told by the gossip stone that Gerudo and Hylians are together all the time.

"They say that Gerudos sometimes come to Hyrule Castle Town to look for boyfriends." — Gossip Stone
Even a few of the Hylian carpenters decide to join the Gerudo tribe on their own, as if joining were possible. Which was later shown to be true since Link was able to gain a membership and walk freely around the fortress. The carpenters did seem to know quite a bit about the Gerudo, since they were the ones that informed Link on their prizing horseback archery, and later a gossip stone tells Link about Ganondorf's black Gerudo stallion. Another gossip stone tells how the Gerudo worship Ganondorf as a god.
"They say that Gerudos worship Ganondorf almost like a god." — Gossip Stone
So many of the residents of Hyrule knew of Ganondorf, just not his intentions and ambition to gain the triforce. Or they assumed he was not capable of obtaining it for himself, he was likely assumed to not be capable of lifting the master sword from the pedestal of time even if he could obtain the spiritual stones.

I don't think interspecies relationships are considered any form of taboo in Hyrule at all. Princess Ruto seemed to be fairly intent on marrying Link and this was not considered anything strange to anyone within the game. Plue we are told by the gossip stone that Gerudo and Hylians are together all the time.

I was referring to the fact that he said that Ganondorf was actually a member of the tribe in Skyloft.

I'm going to listen to the Nintendo guys here. I guess he'll be referenced in some small form. What I believe is that the conditions for Ganondorf to show up and do what he did in Ocarina of Time will be set in Skyward Sword... In other words, something in Skyward Sword will happen that will set things in place for Ganondorf's plans in OoT; indirectly(?).

Crono

Hylian Rebel
Honestly no, I do not think we will be seeing Ganondorf in this game even as a child. That said I actually have some hopes that we do not see Ganondorf within the game since I cannot see Nintendo adding him and not using him as the main antagonist in some way. Another Ganondorf reveal would really hurt the character in my opinion. It has been done enough over the years and frankly I would rather see someone new threaten Hyrule for a change.

Even appearing as a child I do not think it would work, I would rather see a previous Gerudo King ruling the desert realm of Hyrule. Ruling as a true thief king lording over a harem country would. That interesting mixture of villainy and decadence just might rival what we have seen of Ghirahim in some ways. But as an unfavorable NPC that is not necessarily an enemy but someone you have to make a few missions for could add an interesting element to the setting. Not every civilization can be as perfect as the Hylian settlements or as tribal evil as the monsters like Moblins or Bulblins. A backstory on the Gerudo tribe sounds so much more interesting to me than more info on Ganondorf. We already know quite a bit on Ganondorf, his motivations and his character, but we know so little about the tribe he comes from. Almost everything is conjecture based on what was seen in OoT which gave us the bare minimum.

Ganondorf being present in the game doesn't mean he will be the villain. As shown in OoT, he was still loyal to the King of Hyrule when Link first met Zelda.

Crono

Hylian Rebel
But still at that time none but a selected few knew of Ganondorf's plans to take over Hyrule, the King was still oblivious that fact as Ganondorf was still swearing his alliance to the King. So I don't think it would make sense if Ganondorf tried to take over Hyrule prior to this as there would be no trust.

"That is Ganondorf, the leader of
the Gerudos. They hail from the
desert far to the west.
Though he swears allegiance to my
father, I am sure he is not
sincere."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom