• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Ganondorf Ate People!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
This is Ganondorf from OOT
View attachment 35930
He's 7ft 6 and probably weighed around 400lbs. After obtaining the triforce he probably no longer needed to eat, this is evidenced by the fact he spent so long being sealed away and did not waste away to nothing.
Before then he'd have had to have eaten food, and allot of it. Most likley in the realm of 8000 calories a day, a difficult task indeed even today unless you are fat and eat pizza and doughnuts all the time. Livestock did not seem particularly plentiful in the desert, the Gerudo's wealth seemed to be in treasure rather than food. Ganondorf also claimed his people suffered and died allot, and lived harsh lives. You can tell just looking at him that Ganondorf certainly did not suffer with them. He was a glutton who gorged himself on a daily basis. Seeing as cows were quite rare, he would run out pretty quickly, he would have most likley used cows mainly to produce milk and cheese for consumption. I suspect whilst Ganondorf could access some beef he would have needed a fair bit more to sustain himself. Chickens are a no go since killing one would be impossible without being swarmed and pecked to death. This means he must have found an alternative.

It was said that Ganondorf was not just a thief but a murderer too, and whilst depicted as a psychopath in the games who did not mind killing, he is never really shown to be a sadist that enjoyed it. He was arrogant and entitled, he wanted to rule and enslave the people rather than kill them all for entertainment. Nabooru speaks of Ganondorf as a murderer, if he only killed people to defend himself she would not have spoken of him in such a negative way. Perhaps he killed because he despised people opposing him or he may have found he just did not like the look of them, but I think he had a more sinister agenda. This was a man that clearly ate much more than everyone else, but how would a man from a desert where food was scarce find the food to become such a hulking giant? The answer is simple, he ate other people! He would probably raid villages making off with not just the treasure but some villagers as well who he would kill and eat.

He is the king of evil after all, he likely did some very naughty things and eating human flesh was likely one of them.

Last edited:
283a256af2.gif

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Lol, I really like this outside-the-box thinking, basically exploring beyond what we actually see in-game. It's out there for sure and a bit wild, but Ganondorf is a malicious monster of a man(demon) who would probably stoop that low and vile to feed his own appetite. I actually wouldn't be that surprised if he eats his own allies.

I guess there would probably a more obvious explanation that we simply don't see though. Maybe he doesn't have an appetite due to his demon-like powers and even if he did, I'm sure his troops could gather enough food to last him for months on end.

Last edited:

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
Ganondorf was King of the Gerudo so I would imagine that he could "eat like a king", He would not necessarily have to eat people. For a Kingdom with an evil King, the King's health and desires would be top priority, so he would have first pic of what ever food the Gerudos have available. To support this, Nabooru states that: "Ganondorf steals from women and children" (I may be paraphrasing), these women and children could easily be the people of the Gerudo tribe (as the king is the only man) and food would be a likely thing to steal, especially if you have a big appetite...

....But this was just for the sake of argument, I like this theory and do not aim to shoot it down but provide an alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom