• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ganondorf As an Ally

In OOT we are given a back story about a battle that had hapend recently, while you are with princess Zelda for the 1st time she mentions as you look at ganondorf through the window that the king trusts Ganondorf even though we know his true nature and plans. how would you react if a game that Nintendo came up with that told this story about this war, and that Ganondorf was one of your allys ( not your companion ) but one of the characters you had to fight side by side with to win the war for the King of hyrule.
I think this would be a good story plot and see a side of Ganondorf we never seen before.

Also ill throw in another Idea that might had been tossed up before that can go into this, what if at the end of the game, and this could make you hate ganondorf more in OOT when you fight him, but what if at the end of this game, Ganondorf betrays Kills links father ( your character ), his wife fearing her child's life ( link) leaves him at the base of the great Deku tree.

EDITING NOTE: this if for those who didnt or may not see my response : the way i see it he is still Evil, but Ganondorf is acting good and serving the king to get the Kings Trust. Probably wanted the whereabouts of the triforce, the king trusted Ganondorf enough to tell him about the sacred Realm. so ill say he is both Power hungry AND have a knack for calculating every one of his steps

Last edited:
Not sure what your second idea meant, but I like the first one quite a bit. Ganondorf would make a useful and epic ally, especially if he ended up sacrificing himself to save you from the latest incarnation of Demise's curse. Maybe then, he could get possessed by it, or just decide that he liked the baddie's way of thinking, and you have to fight him. A game that would genuinely make him feel human(fine, Gerudo) would be intriguing at least and tragically heartfelt at most. The Legend of Zelda deserves more, and I know the folks at Nintendo are amazing storytellers, they just seem afraid to try anything too--
@/UserTitle

Not sure what your second idea meant,

well basically after the game after you save hyrule, but for some reson Ganondorf Betrays you and ends up murdering you. and your wife hides your son in the kokiri forest. like it was explained in OOT when the great Deku tree talks about links mother, but not your father. that was the idea, ill edit my post so it can sound more clear

Fascinating idea, but I don't understand the wife part. Nintendo is highly evasive of romance. However, this concept is intriguing... it's just really hard to picture Link dying. lol. One last contradiction, Ganondorf is still in the desert when Link is born in OoT, and I don't think Link is related to any other heroes. I think some other threat led Link's mother to leave him there and die.
It is a cool idea, I just like to contradict everything minutely flawed, especially my own stuff. Yeah... sorry. I do like it.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Am not to fond of this idea...

Ganondorf is the pinnacle villain of the Zelda series, he always has and he always will. Your 2nd idea may seem like a good idea but playing as Links farther would be really weird...

For one we never usually see Link have a family in the Zelda series, nevermind his parents....If a Zelda game were to go through with this big plot twist then am sure it would get spoiled, as lately with media and the internet its pretty easy to stumble upon huge in game spoilers. If we knew that this game took place before OoT then one could easily figure out that Ganondorf betrays the main character, therefore wrecking the plot twist!

I'm with Jc on this, not too fond of the idea. Ganondorf is pinnacle villain and what you described feels far too cliche to me. I can't see him ever being an ally and i really wouldnt want him to be one or a murderer really...

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
The general idea of G-dork being an ally could have it's intrigue. Maybe if it went something like this:

Ganny is the villian you're aiming to fight, but there are hints to an unrelated, worse evil in stories and rumors, and near the end of the game, you beat G-dork, things seem resolved, THEN! The hinted villian turns out to be real! He threatens not to rule, but destroy the world, and only the power of the full Triforce can possibly bring him down. To prevent his own destruction, Ganny begrudgingly teams up with the heroes very briefly to take down the other evil.

Only way it could work.

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
Eh. Sounds too cliche. Ganondorf will always be the villain. I doubt that anything will ever change that. Not even if the world was going to go up in flames.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Ganon the Good

Ganondorf needs more character development. He should have his own journey where he assists the king but then grows jealous like he said he did in WW. Ganondorf should be a complex but still utterly evil character. I know this sort of disregards what Demise said, but it's hardly a big plot hole.
I sort of touched on this in my proposed game on the forum about the better prequel ideas. It's really good.

It might work if it were a twist.
Like if Link were transported into the future where another villain, let's say Vaati, ruled Hyrule with Zelda as his queen and Hyrule is now ruled by their son and Link meets a disembodied spirit as his partner to find a way back in time. Link does so and prevent that future, but inadvertently brings the present day Ganondorf back to life because that was the spirit of Ganondorf.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ganondorf as an ally is an intriguing venture, one that will likely be shot down by fans 'round the world. But, I'm with the majority of this chicken coop; Ganondorf actually partnering up with Link or a functioning Link character would need several layers of depth before it passes in my book.

From a story perspective, there needs to be a convincing motive behind him being a friendly. I assume that he wouldn't have the Triforce of Power at this point, and he wouldn't be*totally* evil. Genuinely helping other warmates doesn't sound too much like the Ganondorf of OoT onwards, but phase changes indeed can happen. Perhaps Ganondorf himself was betrayed by a dear ally himself and thus his heart hardened? Many possibilities int he story department.

From a gameplay perspective, I am not too sure how this'd work. Was Ganondorf always a power-beast? Or did he have a knack for calculating every one of his steps?

Ganondorf as an ally is an intriguing venture, one that will likely be shot down by fans 'round the world. But, I'm with the majority of this chicken coop; Ganondorf actually partnering up with Link or a functioning Link character would need several layers of depth before it passes in my book.

From a story perspective, there needs to be a convincing motive behind him being a friendly. I assume that he wouldn't have the Triforce of Power at this point, and he wouldn't be*totally* evil. Genuinely helping other warmates doesn't sound too much like the Ganondorf of OoT onwards, but phase changes indeed can happen. Perhaps Ganondorf himself was betrayed by a dear ally himself and thus his heart hardened? Many possibilities int he story department.

From a gameplay perspective, I am not too sure how this'd work. Was Ganondorf always a power-beast? Or did he have a knack for calculating every one of his steps?
the way i see it he is still Evil, but Ganondorf is acting good and serving the king to get the Kings Trust. Probably wanted the whereabouts of the triforce, the king trusted Ganondorf enough to tell him about the sacred Realm. so ill say he is both Power hungry AND have a knack for calculating every one of his steps

Last edited:
E

ECM

I'm not to keen on the idea. I don't want them to do a game with OoT Link's parents. Now if they were to make another incarnation of Ganondorf separate from the one in Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess, I think that it would be very interesting to see him being an ally of sorts. I think it would be fantastic to have a Ganondorf that wants to be good, wants to do the right thing, but his destiny as the king of evil prevents him from doing that. Having him and Link start out as friends, having some disagreement that leads to a major falling out, and ending with an epic battle between the three bearers of the triforce could make for one of the best games in the series.

hylianordonlink

The Hero Of Ordon
This idea os not something I would like. Ganondorf is known for being the bad guy. Having him as an ally could work of he was a traitor or something, but the idea of ganondorf helping link is really hard to get into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom