• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ganondorf and Zant-- Who's REALLY in Charge?

I'm not sure if this was a thread before, so if it was, I apologize. :)

If there was one relationship that really struck me in Twilight Princess, it was the one between Ganondorf and Zant. We go through the entire game trying to defy Zant for Midna's sake and when we finally defeat him in his battle, he gives us his story and why he was doing what he was doing-- trying to bring back his "god". From this, it's easy to assume that Ganondorf is pulling all the strings; that Zant is his pawn.

What interested me was at the VERY end, right after Link finishes Ganondorf off and Ganondorf does his "I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you mangy kids and your imp" schpeal, we see Zant staring with those blank, endless eyes and he quickly tilts his head, right after which Ganondorf dies. One could easily conclude that it was him that truly killed Ganondorf and it leaves the viewer wondering who was really the one in charge.

What do you guys think? Was it just a coincidence that Ganondorf died right after the short clip of Zant or do you think that Zant ended Ganondorf. Who do you think was the one who was truly calling the shots in the end? Or was it a "one can't survive without the other" type of thing? Thoughts? :D

Gonondorf is the master but I think and I could be very wrong is Zant had control over ganon's life but let him be his master, then he decided to kill him.

I don't think Zant actually killed Ganondorf at the end there, I think he just wanted to have killed him which is portrayed through the way Zant did that movement just as ganon died; almost like how someone will air drum/guitar to a song, so even though they're not playing the actual instrument, they go along with it as thought they were.

I think Ganondorf had control. I'm not sure if Zant killed him or not though. To me he was pretty insane so it could've gone any way...if i were Ganondorf I really wouldn't have trusted him in anyway as a follower

I don't think Zant actually killed Ganondorf at the end there, I think he just wanted to have killed him which is portrayed through the way Zant did that movement just as ganon died; almost like how someone will air drum/guitar to a song, so even though they're not playing the actual instrument, they go along with it as thought they were.

I think this one is right, as Zant would not have wasted his time with Ganondorf otherwise.

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
In my opinion, whoever is the last boss is the one in charge. Its worked out pretty well with most games. So, in my opinion, Ganondorf is in charge of zant. Zant still seems like the most intimidating, with the whole cutscenes after the lakebed temple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom