• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ganondorf a Shiekah? - The Gerudo Shiekah Connection

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
This is an interesting theory. There is an old theory somewhere that the main difference between the Gerudo and the Sheikah was a religious one, as evidenced between the parallels between the spirit temple and shadow temple in OoT. I can’t reallt remember the ins and outs of that theory off the top of my head but I may read up on it and add it into this thread. In any case it may be worth looking up. I believe the suggestion was the split was a major part of the war that preceded OoT. In that case it seems perfectly possible his father was a Sheikah. Maybe that’s why he was raised by twinrova, because his real mother was punished for an affair with a Sheikah?

Ps. I’ve never heard the “Malon is half Gerudo” theory but if that was the case I’d be kind of surprised. Other than the red hair, Malon doesn’t look Gerudo in feature and I’m assuming Gerudo features dominate given all the other Gerudo women had Hylian fathers too barring any offspring of Ganondorf himself or the last Gerudo male. Also wouldn’t she have been raised by her mother and not Talon?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
This is an interesting theory. There is an old theory somewhere that the main difference between the Gerudo and the Sheikah was a religious one, as evidenced between the parallels between the spirit temple and shadow temple in OoT. I can’t reallt remember the ins and outs of that theory off the top of my head but I may read up on it and add it into this thread. In any case it may be worth looking up. I believe the suggestion was the split was a major part of the war that preceded OoT. In that case it seems perfectly possible his father was a Sheikah. Maybe that’s why he was raised by twinrova, because his real mother was punished for an affair with a Sheikah?

Ps. I’ve never heard the “Malon is half Gerudo” theory but if that was the case I’d be kind of surprised. Other than the red hair, Malon doesn’t look Gerudo in feature and I’m assuming Gerudo features dominate given all the other Gerudo women had Hylian fathers too barring any offspring of Ganondorf himself or the last Gerudo male. Also wouldn’t she have been raised by her mother and not Talon?

I always thought the differences between the two temples was down to how those who died passed through, those in the shadow temple were sent on a ferry ride into the depths of the earth while those who pass through the spirit temple ascend to the skies. Literally heaven and hell.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I always thought the differences between the two temples was down to how those who died passed through, those in the shadow temple were sent on a ferry ride into the depths of the earth while those who pass through the spirit temple ascend to the skies. Literally heaven and hell.
The Spirit temple really has no "ascension" symbolism. Besides the Hover Boots, but they were found in the Shadow Temple.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
The Spirit temple really has no "ascension" symbolism. Besides the Hover Boots, but they were found in the Shadow Temple.

Really just the way i see it. One is about descending into shadows and the other is ascension.

Also the fact that you literally ascend the temple in both past and future means nothing? Nor entering through the head into the boss room?

Wazurau

Cacodemonic Sage
As far as we see by OOTs time impa is the only acknowledged shiekah but then again we don't actually know if a shiekah is by vocation or by birth.
We also know that no one else in hyrule has red hair bar those with gerudo Heritage.
We've also seen a pretty big indication that magic can be gifted to individuals who've been found worthy or they can be born with it.

In regards to this whole parentage theory, there's nothing to actually say that Ganondorf belongs to any race but Gerudo. Or more importantly to his surrogate parents. they i've no doubt know a hell of a lot of magic and both are over 400 years old so chances are good they know how to become pregnant magically. Or hell even to summon a demon just for that purpose. Theres nothing in the series that gives any clue to Ganondorf being anything but Gerudo. And in all honesty Gerudo's seem to have a dominant gene pool in those they breed with (so Talon must have some bloody mighty genes if malons part gerudo).

Basically what all i tried to say above is Ganondorf is an IVF baby created by demon junk and twinrova genes.

Also chopping out parts of the series so as to make a theory work is pretty bad theorizing on par with that legend of Vita.

chopping out parts of the series so as to make a theory work is pretty bad theorizing

Yeah i can't even take the theory seriously anymore if the theorist behind it isn't willing to look for ways to either prove or disprove the theory just because they don't personally like that part of and/or the whole game.

Wazurau

Cacodemonic Sage
Also, anything regarding Malon being Gerudo, is absolutely absurd. If the only thing you have to tie her in with the Gerudo is red hair, then you have no theory. Red hair is just the result of getting two recessive genes at birth. If Malon having red hair makes her part Gerudo somehow, then so is the Happy Mask Salesman. Lol

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Also, anything regarding Malon being Gerudo, is absolutely absurd. If the only thing you have to tie her in with the Gerudo is red hair, then you have no theory. Red hair is just the result of getting two recessive genes at birth. If Malon having red hair makes her part Gerudo somehow, then so is the Happy Mask Salesman. Lol
And as was pointed out earlier, Gerudo genes would certainly be more dominant.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I meantioned the theory of Malon's Gerudo heritage as nothing more than a segue into Ganondorf's parentage. I wanted to allude to the Sheikah stone that says that the Gerudo go looking for "boyfriends."

There's plenty of discussion to be had on that theory elsewhere. But Gerudo women obviously possess dominant Gerudo genes, even going so far as to heavily overwrite the father's genes. The theory is flimsy, but Malon may be a special case.

However, it may have something to do with the question of Ganondorf's father if Malon is the result of conception by a Gerudo mother under different circumstances than usual. It is unknown exactly how the Gerudo maintain their all female society with that lone male exception being born every 100 years. Could this be the work of selective breeding, perhaps even helped along by magic? Sheikah magic, perhaps? If Malon's mother is Gerudo, then why doesn't Malon resemble the Gerudo and why isn't she with the Gerudo? If Malon's mother was a Gerudo, it could be that her conception was a mistake or unsanctioned, and thus she was left with her father instead of being subject to the tribe.

It could be that the Gerudo breed with the Shiekah exclusively, which would account for their daughter's genetic consistency.

Wazurau

Cacodemonic Sage
We don't even know who Ganondorf's mother is let alone his father. Kotake and Koume are Ganondorf's foster parents, not his biological mother; the English script was mistranslated. They could have literally just raised a demon baby that was able to take the form of a Gerudo to help his goal of conquering Hyrule. We have no idea.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
You all now the story right? Every 100 years a new male is born amoung the gerudo. So how is that possible if there is no male left to get women pregnant? There is no way one male lives to be a hundred, at least not in the desert. I don't know if Hyrule Historia clears it up but is the 100 years thing true or not? I find it hard to believe that a male just gets born, but we are talking about a video game here. Still I can only think of two theories, here they are.

My first theory is a theory around the 100 years thing, as crazy as it sounds maybe its true. Maybe a male gets born, he becomes king, helps to mutiply the tribe, and dies. Then a male is just born as some sort of divine gift from their god or gods. Its crazy but the inspiration for such a thing is there, maybe from the New Testament in the Bible, the same concept is used to explain the birth of Jesus. Jesus' mom, Mary was a virgin but she just got pregnant. So such an idea has its roots - it can't be disregarded.

My second theory is a more logical look at it all. Maybe the 100 years thing is a myth. See if a king has to help to mutiply the tribe since he is the only male he is going to have alot of kids. Out of all those kids females are the only gender that live. Males probably are born but they are probably killed right when they are born, its not right but that's probably how its done. Maybe when the king gets kind of old one of those males doesn't get killed and becomes the succesor to the throne. The 100 years thing is probably something the Hylians came up with because they don't see a new king for such a long period of time it probably feels like a hundred years. That saying probably got spread around and eventually people actually started be living it.

That's the only explanations I can come up with. Like I said earlier I'm not sure if Hyrule Historia clears this all up, but the video games don't go in dept with the topic. So which one could be the answer? In truth we may never know. So I'm going to ask all you which do you think is the answer?
My take on Ganondorf's birth. It could have been the result of magic, or it could be selective breeding. Perhaps Gerudo males are born but simply killed?

This was one of my first theories btw. I sucked back then, lol. Looking over it again, the info from the Gossip Stone in OoT stating that Gerudo hook up with Hylians is something I didn't add. It's very possible that they do get pregnant by Hylians and the Gerudo genes would be more dominant.

Last edited:
I meantioned the theory of Malon's Gerudo heritage as nothing more than a segue into Ganondorf's parentage. I wanted to allude to the Sheikah stone that says that the Gerudo go looking for "boyfriends."

There's plenty of discussion to be had on that theory elsewhere. But Gerudo women obviously possess dominant Gerudo genes, even going so far as to heavily overwrite the father's genes. The theory is flimsy, but Malon may be a special case.

However, it may have something to do with the question of Ganondorf's father if Malon is the result of conception by a Gerudo mother under different circumstances than usual. It is unknown exactly how the Gerudo maintain their all female society with that lone male exception being born every 100 years. Could this be the work of selective breeding, perhaps even helped along by magic? Sheikah magic, perhaps? If Malon's mother is Gerudo, then why doesn't Malon resemble the Gerudo and why isn't she with the Gerudo? If Malon's mother was a Gerudo, it could be that her conception was a mistake or unsanctioned, and thus she was left with her father instead of being subject to the tribe.

It could be that the Gerudo breed with the Shiekah exclusively, which would account for their daughter's genetic consistency.

. There isn't any reason to believe Malon's mother was a Gerudo, she doesn't have a single characteristic of Gerudo. And no red hair isn't convincing enough, as the cucco lady in kakariko village also has red hair. Couple of other characters have as well.

But getting back to Ganondorf's parentage. I would assume it was just a random Gerudo going out to mate with a Hylian as we know they tend to do. But Koume and Kotake are 400 years old, which means they should have seen at least 4 other Gerudo men in their lifetime, so what made Ganondorf so special they took him to raise him? A Sheikah dad perhaps but that isn't anything really special even with their abilities, it certainly doesn't rival the abilities Koume and Kotake posses. Wait I got it, The Triforce was used to influence the midichlorians to create him. Kidding.

Perhaps a prequel to OoT is needed, with a focus on the Gerudo explaining the 100 male cycle, where they originally came from and such.

Edit: As some have mentioned, the Gerudo must have very dominant genes. I think this either done as a curse and/or by divine intervention. Any baby they conceive would will look just like a Gerudo regardless of which race they mate with. Though I doubt they’ll be mating with Gorons or Zoras. Still remains the question of why.

As SS shows, Gerudo aren’t native to the desert area. Which land did they come from? I know there’s a theory regarding Groose being the original. It’s possible, but not proven. Unlike Malon he does possess at least an extra trait in that his eyes match those of later Gerudo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom