• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Ganon Between ALttP/OoX and LoZ

Even before the Hyrule Historia timeline came out, there is something that has bothered me:

At the end of ALttP you kill Ganon and save the world. Simple enough.

The timeline tells us that Link went through Holodrum and Labrynna on his travels after leaving Hyrule. At the end of the those two journeys, in the linked ending of the Oracle games, he faces a revived Ganon, he slays him once more.

Obviously Ganon doesn't appear in LA, the next game on the timeline.

Okay, cool. Everything makes sense so far.

Then he all of a sudden returns again. So how is Ganon alive again in LoZ? Obviously he was revived but is it ever explained?

I assume it's one of those mysteries that may never be known (unless Nintendo decided to make a game about it). The best answer is that Ganon was revived between those two games by his minons in a ritual similar to that of the Adventure of Link and the Oracle Games. But consider how the last time he was revived in the Oracle Games he lost all intelligence and all of his traces as human Ganondorf, becoming a mere monster that hungers for the Triforce.

Hyrule Historia suggest that this is the case:
GlitterBerri's Game Translations » Pg. 106 Legends Passed Down in Hyrule
•The Great Demon King, Ganon

The Great Demon King was sealed countless times by heroes in the past. He is thought to have been resurrected after many years. Leading the Demon Army, he invaded the small kingdom of Hyrule, seeking the Triforce. No longer bearing any trace of the man known as the great thief, Ganondorf, he opposed Link in the form of a demonic beast, devoid of any particular intelligence.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
here's the thing,there's a theory that only the silver arrows can utterly eliminate ganon,assuming its true,then this would actually make sense

since in the oracles when ganon was revived then killed off again,he wasn't killed that time using the silver arrows,therefore he can very well be capable of returning back

Ganon of LoZ seemed pretty mindless, much like the partially revived Ganon of OoX. Now, in both cases where Link legitimately kills Ganon, in LoZ and ALttP, he uses the Silver Arrows. He does not use the Silver Arrows in OoX, so perhaps Ganon didn't actually die. While Link was away in Holodrum, upon returning to Hyrule, the Ganon from OoX who he didn't completely kill has mindlessly ravaged the land, as opposed to ruling it, which is his usual MO.

Lord_Cathaseigh

Like a sir.
^Actually, there WAS a Master Sword in it. If you beat OoA or OoS and start the other, you can find a secret of some sort. If you report it to Farore, she'll upgrade the noble sword to the Master Sword. Master Sword - Zelda Wiki

It's funny. I was just thinking about this last night and was going to make a similar topic but this time I came up with a solution that I think hopefully will answer your question and it may or may not work, I'll let you decide.

While I was looking at the timeline and as I was putting bits and pieces together, I noticed something interesting.

I'll make a small timeline chart so you can understand better
TWW
/
OoT--TP--FSA
\
ALttP--LoZ

OK so we have 3 sequels to OoT and both sequels have Ganondorf/Ganon. Now if you'll take note that on TWW side Ganon was sealed in the Evil Realm. On the TP side he was sealed in the Twilight Realm and finally on the ALttP side he was sealed in the Dark World. Pretty cool how that turns out huh? Now at the end of both games, Ganon dies. TWW and TP in similar ways but one is stabbed and turned to stone and the other is well... just stabbed. In ALttP, you kill Ganon with the silver arrows, the only way to actually kill Ganon supposedly. So now you'll notice that TP and ALttP have sequels that have the return of Ganon, but not TWW. Let's look at FSA, at the end you see Ganon return. How this that possible? He died in TP! Ya well, look at what Zelda said "King of Darkness, ancient demon reborn". Key word: Reborn. So my theory and conclusion to how Ganon is in LoZ. Same with FSA, he's a reborn Ganon.

Now I'm left wondering what about TWW side? It is possible we will have another Zelda game on that timeline that would feature the return of Ganon and hopefully, if I think I know what Nintendo's trying to do here, they'll explain he's been reborn also. As you can see, both time lines feature almost exactly the same events that occur and almost end in different ways so that's my theory on that.

(Pay no attention to my theory in my sig with this, that's my own theory aside from HH)

In a little 25th anniversary thing that came with OOT 3D :
"Ganon, the King of Evil, has broken free of the Dark World and has captured Hyrule's beloved princess Zelda."

Maybe hw just got sealed in OoX, but I have never played those games, so I don't really know.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom