• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Ganon and Zants Demise.

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
I just finished my second time playing through Twilight Princess.(Its my favorite game,and to the haters,shut it xD) Anyways, I was curious about the part right after you beat Ganondorf for the last time,they show Zant,and he creepily cracks his neck,and at the same time Ganondorf dies. I was like "wth?? 0_o What do you think this means? Wasnt Zant destroyed by Midna before hand?

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I just finished my second time playing through Twilight Princess.(Its my favorite game,and to the haters,shut it xD) Anyways, I was curious about the part right after you beat Ganondorf for the last time,they show Zant,and he creepily cracks his neck,and at the same time Ganondorf dies. I was like "wth?? 0_o What do you think this means? Wasnt Zant destroyed by Midna before hand?

First off, I agree that Twilight Princess is an amazing game and I TOTALLY don't get it why a lot of people hate it. So I was confused by this part as well, and I did think that Midna killed him before. But maybe there was a part of his 'spirit' that still lived and it partially controlled Ganondorf...?

As long as Ganondorf lived, Zant could be resurrection infinitely. This scene showed Zant's eternal demise.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
When you are about to battle Zant, Zant has a sort of flashback thing and it shows where he got his power. Ganondorf comes to him and says this: "I shall house my power in you... If there is anything you desire, then I shall desire it, too."
That pretty much means they're linked in some way. So, since Ganondorf wasn't dead, Zant wasn't dead either and Midna couldn't destroy him. Then Zant killed himself and it killed Ganondorf too (who was already dying anyway).

A

Augonator

Since Zant stated that Ganon would always resurrect him, at the last minute ganondorf transferred into Zants body so now midna is stuck in the twilight realm with Ganondorf... Uh oh

ZAnt was powered by Ganondorf, so technically if he was alive, Zant would be too. When you kill Ganondorf, Zant is finally killed completely. hope that made sense :)

It was the symbolism of both them dying. I honestly remember the scene but never really pondered it. I think Kotate&Kolume has the best theory.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
That was an odd scene that I was a bit confused about, but I think that two things could be meant by it: One- it is merely showing the audience that Zant is finally dead, or two-what Koume&Kotake said ( Zant killed himself)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom