• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gaming's Greatest Cities

Mido

Version 1
There are towns and villages, and then there are cities. Cities: the centers of civilization. So much to do and so much to see, cities harbor the hallmarks of culture. Video games of many genres showcase much of the best features cities have to offer, whether through their designs and layout or the stories that these places have to tell. What are your favorite cities in gaming? What stands out about them? Do share the news!

This makes me terribly aware of how few games I've played that have actual cities...

I guess by default it'd have to be Fennmont in Tales of Xillia.

Fennmont is the capital city of Rashugal. It has the King's Palace, universities, hospitals, libraries, evil underground labs for human experimentation... The usual.

It is also perpetually night there so everything glows with rich deep colours and the trees are bioluminescent.

It's one of my favourite locations in the game :)

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I'm going w/ Los Santos in GTA san andreas, whenever I played through that game, I always enjoyed those initial missions that take place in there before you basically get exiled and can't really go back, but once you do make it back towards the end of the game, it really feels like you're coming back home, granted everything's gone to the crapper
I've gotten real antiquated w/ it over the years, in fact in my initial save, I even took over all the gang territories, basically made the ballas and the vagos extinct, ha

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
The big one in oblivion its a nice city and i dont really play other city-ied games....

Xenoblade Chronicles X and Astral Chain is what instantly come to mind.

Though a cop out I think the best is Sim City 4. Designing your own city is really fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom