• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gaming with Headphones

Preference?

• TV audio

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Headphones

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Whatever is most convenient

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

Ninja

Well well well
Hello fellow prisoners,

I'm not sure about the Xbox, however the PS4 controllers and the Switch have an audio jack for headphones.

Most of the time I'll play without headphones on my TV with a soundbar with the volume up. However if my family is trying to rest, I'l plug in a pair of quality headphones. I have to say that if you try it with a nice set of headphones the experience is actually very immersive and I really enjoy being able to hear every little thing going on in game.

What about you guys? Do you ever play this way?

Quin

Disaster Master
TV during day, Headphones at night generally, but sometimes during the day as well. It depends on the game too and my current mood.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
it depends on the situation. If I'm alone or with my sister in our living room, then I will use mainly TV audio, but if either of my parents is in the living room with us I usually use headphones. I don't bring or play with my consoles outside of our house, so I don't really need to think about that. I usually play using the Wii U gamepad, so I prefer headphones anyway.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I only use headphones. I can have it as loud as I want then without the neighbourhood hearing my games being played.

I don't usually use headphones, no. I don't have the volume very loud when I play handheld consoles through their integrated speakers, so it's not really a bother or issue for headphones. For home consoles, I have them hooked to the surround system in the basement. Usually have the volume at either 20, 25, or 30 out of 100. My OCD requires me to make it divisible by 5, lol.

Ive never used headphones for gaming. When i was younger i'd play games on mute while listening to my own music through headphones but that was it.

I missed out on a lot of gaming music back then.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
Usually headphones, unless I'm recording, I use the TV or computer audio since otherwise the de-sync is AWFUL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom