• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gaming remedies

Like any medium, video games can be used to remedy our emotions. If we're feeling sad or angry, if we want to feel comforted and be made to laugh or be nostalgic there's usy a game we can put on to make us feel the way we want. Games we have faith and trust and histories with.

What are your gaming remedies, which games help you through tough times, make you laugh, cry or feel nostalgic?

Whenever I go through some tough times, I tend to return to some of the first games I ever played, the ones that have the most nostagia for me, like Ocarina of Time, Chrono Trigger, or Oblivion. The most calming of them, though, has to be Okami. I don't know what it is about it: the graphics, the gameplay, the music or a combination of those, but it's just so healing.

Alternatively, I play Resident Evil 4 and headshot zombies until I feel better.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
The first three Sonic games definitely give me that nostalgic feeling. I played them quite a bit as a kid (even though I never beat them) and would often play them with my siblings. Whenever we had a part we couldn't get past, we'd hand the controller over to our mom and she would help us with it. They're some of the only video games she would ever play with us, but she was pretty good at them.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess always gave me a good feeling which is why I did over ten completions of them. I found it was just nice to escape to a fantasy world sometimes and those had my favourite worlds to go to.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
Pretty much any of the Zelda games with a deeper story. Minish Cap, TP and SS gave me feels. MM makes me want to cry. That game messes with your emotions a little too much, so I don't use it as a remedy. Shadow of the Colossus though. Nothing is better than channeling your anger through a sword that you are ramming into a giant's forehead to save your dead girlfriend. :) And KH chain of memories for the gba. That one always helped. And then good old Kirby's pinball.

I play ST when Im down. The overworld music is great to listen to. When I feel upset, Super Smash Bros. Nothing better than beating up people.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Whenever I got stessed at college I would either destroy a fully fledged city on SimCity or play GTA and literally just beat everyone. And yet I'm a big believer that video games do not make people violent lol

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I always turn to DKC2 if I'm having a bad day, it's easy and most of the levels I can just leisure through. Really helps me chill and fuels my nostalgia.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
If I want to cry, I'll play the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games, especially the second one, that one always gets me to tears. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO LEAVE ME! :kawaii:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Video games serve as an effective outlet for frustration. If I need to vent I'll kick people's faces in in Sleeping Dogs or hackem to pieces in Dragon's Dogma cussing like a crazed drunken sailor cuz that helps too ^_^ though I should probably just hang up a punching bag overthere...

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Video games serve as an effective outlet for frustration. If I need to vent I'll kick people's faces in in Sleeping Dogs or hackem to pieces in Dragon's Dogma cussing like a drunken crazed sailor cuz that helps too ^_^ though I should probably just hang up a punching bag overthere...
Ah Sleeping Dogs. I always feel hungry walking past the street vendors in that one.

karu

Panamaniac
Whenever I have a stressful day, whether it's school or kids I sometimes babysit, I always listen to the Majora's Mask soundtrack, and if I have enough time to I play Twilight Princess. Those are the games that south my soul in general.

If you want a good cry go and play To the Moon. The feels are sooo strong. Brings even the manliest of men close to straight up bawling. Sound track is great too. It's just a great game overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom