• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

gaming manners...

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
are you the sorta person who in games talks to the characters with your real life voice like 'hi sir i want to buy stuff from you and you do it politey....or youre just like blahhh...

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I usually don't talk directly to the game like that but I often talk out loud what I'll do next like "oh I need to head here to X," "need to buy/find X," etc.

Or if I'm raging I'll insult the boss or whatever on screen out of frustration.

I'm sometimes sucked into a game enough to talk to the people, but often I'm just voicing my thoughts on things because I can't quietly think while focusing on a game. Does that make sense? Like my brain is preoccupied so I say my thoughts out loud.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I am polite to the characters that are worthy of my politeness. Most of the time though, if I'm talking to my video game it's because I am not very happy with it. I have a habit of yelling at enemies to stop smacking me, or shooting insults at rude npcs. I will also infinitely praise characters that are particularly adorable.
When I was playing TP i named that statue that follows you in the twmple of time Link jr. He could do no wrong.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Depends on the character. An example that was on my mind earlier today was Alphys in Undertale. I HATED her. So whenever her status update thing came up I was always really sarcastic about it. That's just one example but yeah I tend to talk to the characters in the game lol

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I have a habit of talking to myself in all situations so this naturally applies to video games as well. Not necessarily directed at any particular character all of the time, though I do do that sometimes, but I mostly just comment to myself on what I'm doing or what I want to do next and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom