• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gaming Life

Okay, I am having a bit of a personal crisis at the moment. I am obsessed with Video games.
Most of the time, it is the only thing I can think about. With my friends, it is one of the topics I always want to talk about. On my Ipod, nearly all
of my music (as in a few hundred) is videogame music. When I go on the internet, it is the only thing I research. When I plan my weekend, I plan everything around what videogames I need to play. When I go on youtube, nearly all of my subscriptions are based on videogames. I have planned out all of the games I want to get on Ps3, Wii, Wii U, 3DS, DS, as well as the heaps of games I want to replay. As long as I keep this addiction, I doubt I will have a social life, I doubt I will out my act together and break the addiction. So my question is, help. I still want to play all the video games I have planned, listen to the music, research the games on the internet, but I need to get a life. Outside of games and TV, I have no life. help... I can't keep this going

(I know, I keep moaning, sorry)

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Haha that was kida funny sorry though I can understand. I am obssesed with videogames myself but I manage to talk and hang with friends even though all we ever do when we get to gether is PLAY MORE VIDEOGAMES! (which is still fun)

I am also into other stuff like anime, manga and comics, movies, drawing, working out, playing the guitar and im looking forward to getting a good job as soon as I turn 16 so I can get money for gas and games! :xd:

Those are some things you can do to keep your mind off gaming

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Don't worry about 'not having a life'. I'm in the same car as you pretty much, although I like eating and making food more than gaming. If there's anything I can suggest, it's to do what TriforceHunter said and work out. It'll hurt, yes, but you'll eventually get superbuff if you stick to a good plan and then you can get your social life with friends, still be able to play games, and you will be toned. Eventually when you are old enough, you will need to stop playing games and get a job too, which is good because you can start saving for a house, college, whatever.

I'm pulling just fine, playing the heck out of games and wanting nothing more to do but play games. Just when you're in school, focus on school. When you're outside of school, try to read a book or call your friends and talk about stuff like food, what happened at school a couple weeks ago or something like that. I know it's hard, but if you just don't play games then you won't have any trouble at all :D

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Now that you have said it, it sounds exactly the way I was about a year ago...let me help you with some tips. :)

To stop being a video game nerd, I suggest that you go to a park without any electronics. This would be a great time to start thinking about your memories with other people that you had, and think about your future, etc.... The point is to stop you from thinking: "I wonder what games I should be playing?"

You should also hang out with your friends a bit more. Whenever you feel like you have nothing to do, you could call them and talk up a meeting, for example, to the mall. If you can't meet with your friends, then you can also spend time with your family. Basically, there is a lot of things that you can do to become a bit more social and not be hanging around video games all the time.

Thanks you your help guys/girls. I really appreciate it. I will take your advice and try to do something else.

one thing that might help is a job. itll get u out of the house and get u some $$$
plus ur have co-worker to chat with, and thats always good ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom