• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gaming hopes wishlist

Some of us have what we want in the current gaming climate and some of us are waiting to have our wishes fulfilled.

For me i'm in an odd limbo where i'm waiting for things that have been announced and hoping they do what i want;

I cant wait for the Shadow of the Colossus remake, there's a few things i hope they do like add a day and night cycle and that they dont mess it up.

I also really hope they put a new Ada campaign in the Resident Evil 2 remake and announce a Nemesis remake so that i can have RE 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (maybe 7) and REvs 1&2 all on one console. That'd be grand.

What's your gaming hopes wishlist?

Are there games you want to be announced but havent been yet?

Are you just hoping they add the features you want and dont mess up what has already been announced?

Answers on a postcard.

Last edited:

Mido

Version 1
Honestly, there's not many large gaming "hopes" for me currently. Only one I can truly say is that I'm hoping Dynasty Warriors 9 releases in multiple consoles. I've been gutted in the past when some of the series games solely released on Sony consoles, and understandably so given that's where their market is. It's likelier it will arrive in the One over the Switch, if either at all; but alas, I've still got my hopes up.

Honestly, there's not many large gaming "hopes" for me currently. Only one I can truly say is that I'm hoping Dynasty Warriors 9 releases in multiple consoles. I've been gutted in the past when some of the series games solely released on Sony consoles, and understandably so given that's where their market is. It's likelier it will arrive in the One over the Switch, if either at all; but alas, I've still got my hopes up.

I read recently from Tecmo its coming to Ps4, Xbone and Steam.

They need to finish it though. The footage i've seen still has a long way to go i think.

Mido

Version 1
I read recently from Tecmo its coming to Ps4, Xbone and Steam.

They need to finish it though. The footage i've seen still has a long way to go i think.

Ah, that adds up. They usually release the main game on multiple consoles. It's just sometimes the expansions don't get the same treatment.

As far as finishing the game goes, I heard they were only about 40% complete as far as a couple of months ago indicated.

Ah, that adds up. They usually release the main game on multiple consoles. It's just sometimes the expansions don't get the same treatment.

As far as finishing the game goes, I heard they were only about 40% complete as far as a couple of months ago indicated.

Yeah. What i like about Tecmo is that theyre very honest with their percentaged. Like when they said Hyrule Warriors was 70% done they really meant it because when i saw new footage they'd really spruced it up. I like how they arent afraid to show early work.

They work fast too :)

Their twitter has been rife with character posts.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I want Halo 6 to have bigger more open levels like in Combat Evolved and Reach. I also want it to have more memorable moments like fighting the scarabs in Halo 3. Going down the Guardian in Halo 5 would have been just as iconic had it lasted way longer.

Gears of War 5 needs to be very epic and have a much larger scale like Gears of War 2 and 3. I understand 4 had to kick off a new chapter and they couldn't just blow their load with too much stuff, but it was a little disappointing going from 3 back to another Gears of War 1 scaled game, especially since it's the Xbox One's first outing.

Resident Evil REmake 2 needs to have the absolute same treatment as REmake on the Gamecube. I don't want to see Capcom applying their own stupid ideas or cheapening it by not including all the extra content the original had. In a perfect world however, this REmake would come with a Nemesis REmake since it uses some of the same assets already. They could even subtitle the game The Raccoon City Collection just like they did with the Origins Collection, leaving us with one more REmake to worry about.

Resident Evil 8 absolutely needs to revert to a third-person perspective, feature returning characters, and more BOW variety. It also needs to strengthen its design and not turn linear halfway through. Capcom also seriously has to remember what made the originals scary and stop with their cheap, easy, accessible to everyone bullsh*t.

There's so much more I could say but I'll cut it off here.

Last edited:
I want Halo 6 to have bigger more open levels like in Combat Evolved and Reach. I also want it have more memorable moments like fighting the scarabs in Halo 3. Going down the Guardian in Halo 5 would have been just as iconic had it lasted way longer.

Gears of War 5 needs to be very epic and have a much larger scale like Gears of War 2 and 3. I understand 4 had to kick off a new chapter and they couldn't just blow their load with too much stuff, but it was a little disappointing going from 3 back to another Gears of War 1 scaled game, especially since it's the Xbox One's first outing.

Resident Evil REmake 2 needs to have the absolute same treatment as REmake on the Gamecube. I don't want to see Capcom applying their own stupid ideas or cheapening it by not including all the extra content the original had. In a perfect world however, this REmake would come with a Nemesis REmake sonce it uses some of the same assets already. They could even subtitle the game The Raccoon City Collection just like they did with the Origins Collection, leaving us with one more REmake to worry about.

Resident Evil 8 absolutely needs to revert to a third-person perspective, feature returning characters, and more BOW variety. It also needs to strengthen its design and not turn linear halfway through. Capcom also seriously has to remember what made the originals scary and stop with their cheap, easy, accessible to everyone bullsh*t.

There's so much more I could say but I'll cut it off here.

Aww say more or pm me if its about resi

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Inb4 Half Life 3

Yeah I've pretty must given up hope on the current state of gaming. The only thing that can save video games as a commercial medium is a healthy middle market, and that's never going to happen so long as corporate publishers and console manufacturers are still lording over us and ninty still has their collective heads planted firmly up their bungholes. A middle market console would be useful, but the few that have been proposed so far have been epic fails. The Ouya was a joke and Steam Machine is just more of Valve's trash in a cheap plastic box.

I thought maybe Kickstarter could save us but it hasn't looked promising so far. Most of the high profile Kicstarters have been scams, naturally. Because people.

There's no use getting ones hopes up in a situation where people are intent on being nothing but trashy and no one who gives a damn looks to be in any position to do anything about it.

At least gamergate managed to stave off the sjw takeover. That's more than can be said of music, cinema, comic books, broadway, television, scifi and fantasy literature...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dio
My wishlist - Not all of it is realistic but I can hope.

Games
  • Dragon Quest Heroes 1 and 2 - Localised in English for the Switch
  • Dragon Quest 11 - Localised in English for the Switch
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X - Ported to the Switch
  • Dynasty Warriors 9 - To be a good game.
  • Master of Orion 5 - 4 games in the series so far. Master of Orion 2 is amazing. The other 3 games are total garbage. I wish a new Master of Orion game based on Master of Orion 2 is made and that it's actually good.

Hardware
  • Playstation 5 - No longer uses optical media (discs) and no longer useds HDD (platter drives) as both are outdated technology by now. The PS5 would use carts and SSD or flash of some type.

Other
  • Virtual Console - The Switch needs this.
  • Good console digital stores - The Nintendo Switch and Playstation 4 on console digital stores are terrible. Both are totally flawed and need an improve. The sad thing is the WiiU eShop is so much better than both. I am not saying both should go the WiiU eShop route but buth need to improve themselves. Searching for games is just a mess currently on both.
  • PS4 Theme Previews - They are not there when you purchase a theme so you have to take a blind risk on paid themes or google them up and hope there is info about them. The part that annoys me is theme previews actually exist. You see them after purchase but before you activate the theme. When asked "do you want to use this theme?" it shows you a preview. Why is this preview not on the theme shop front? It would make shopping for PS4 themes so much better.
  • Nintendo Switch Themes - They need to be added in.

At least gamergate managed to stave off the sjw takeover.
Oh it's there. The SJW influence exists in the video game industry in a big way. You just need to know where to look.

Mido

Version 1
  • Dynasty Warriors 9 - To be a good game.

I certainly hope so as well. Honestly, at first, I wouldn't have hesitated to tell you that the game would be good since I thought the eighth installment was a step in the right direction after six and seven were underwhelming. Yet now, with the change in approach, I'm not so certain anymore. Along with the open world aspect, I've heard Techmo-Koei is approaching the story via the open world with the individual officer-focused stories akin to five and six. Not sure how this will operate within the changed game approach, but I hope things turn out great especially since I like the story a ton.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I hope for Soul Calibur 6. That they improve the character customisation even further and add a PROPER story mode to the game not the crap one we got in 5.

I hope Darksiders 3 has a better story focus like 1 did rather than be crap like 2.

I hope Halo 5 Guardians was a dream and that the real halo 5 will come out and we will see the return of the forerunners and that they will explore Chiefs dealing with the death of Cortana.

I hope CDProjektRed's Cyberpunk game will be just as high quality as The Witcher 3 and they will not become just like other greedy developers.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Skyrim for Switch. Never played, and really want to.

Also Arms sounds cool, and I kinda want another set of Joy Cons.

Other than that, I don't really think I want much for now... Maybe getting the Oracle Games

Also Arms sounds cool, and I kinda want another set of Joy Cons.

Arms is pretty cool, just dont play it as a competitive title because it is terribly balanced.

Its deep with lots of systems in place but it isnt balanced, so just have fun with it. Its the fighting version of Mario Kart, basically.

Although very few people are playing with Splatoon being out now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom