• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

-GAMING- Favorite PC Games?

LordFire

King of Fire
Greetings Executor!

So, here I was with some extra cash after locating enough to pay for Skyward Sword when it is released.
Now, what do I spend it on?
I decided to create a forum here to ask about it. What is your favorite PC game? What are the specs required to play the game? How much does it cost? What's it about? Just give me some basic information about it so I can see if I'd like to get it. It can be about anything, I'm not much of a picky gamer.

NOTIFICATION: Do not, do not list something like World of Warcraft (WoW). I despise that game with a passion.

NOTIFICATION 2: If it can be purchased on Steam, I give you bonus points.

NOTIFICATION 3: These are games I own:
Starcraft II
Warcraft III - Reign of Chaos
Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne
Portal
Portal 2
Portal: Prelude
Half Life
Half Life: Source
Half Life Deathmatch: Source
Half Life: Blue Shift
Half Life: Opposing Force
Half Life 2
Half Life 2: Episode One
Half Life 2: Episode Two
Half Life 2: Lost Coast
Half Life 2: Deathmatch
Team Fortress Classic
Team Fortress 2
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Minecraft
Synergy
Spiral Knights
Counter Strike
Counter Strike: Condition Zero
Counter Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes
Counter Strike: Source
Alien Swarm
Insurgency
Day of Defeat
Day of Defeat: Source
D.I.P.R.I.P. Warm-Up
Garrysmod
- I Co-Own a server on it.
Smashball
Ricochet
Deathmatch Classic

Last edited:

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
This game is older, but you can probably still find it.
My favorite PC game ever would be NeverWinter Nights. It's a classic RPG game, but I love the plot, and I it basically does like the Zelda game- you have a 'lighter' original plot, and you think you're done, but then once you complete that quest, you find out there is more to the game. I don't know why, but I love that tactic. There's also the sequel, NeverWinter Nights II, and the expansion packs, so there's a lot to play. You also have the choice of doing MMO, but I never did that (and don't know if that's still possible...) It's somewhat old (2002), so you'll most likely have the specs. The graphics are nice, though.
As far as plot, what happens is first you have to gather special ingredients to cure the Wailing Death. You have four levels, which can be played in any order. The Wailing Death was started by a cult. Your former ally joins this cult, and you have to basically get these ancient relics before they do. There are several side-quests along with this, and you can learn more about others characters if you want.
I know it's a fantasy RPG, but don't worry, it's not really like WoW (I hate WoW, as well). I promise, it's fun. The producers are BioWare, if you've ever played any of their games.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Team Fortress 2, Team fortress classic, Portal, Portal 2, Half Life 1+2 (and the following episodes), Half Life Deathmatch, Minecraft, The Sims 3, Spiral Knights (only discovered it a few days ago. It's epic :D)

There are alot more, but i'm excluding the rarer/older ones. Also, most of those listed above can be purchased on steam. :)

Last edited:

LordKorloros

Jared Moore
Terraria, Supreme Commander 2, and Age of Empires 3. Terria shouldn't tax anything (if it does I suggest you do away with your IBM computer), Supreme Commander 2 takes 1Gig of RAM, 512MB Graphics, Age of empires 3 takes 512MB of RAM and not much graphics.

AoE3: You take control of the British, French, Germans, Ottoman, Portugese, Dutch, Russian, Spanish, Iroquois, Aztec, Sioux, Japan, Indian, and Chinese factions. The campaign is just awesome, the units of each faction speak in their native language with real accents.

SupCom2: No words dude, no words.

Terraria: Like 2D Minecraft with 16-bit graphics. It's like a cross between Zelda 2 and Minecraft.

Team Fortress 2, Team fortress classic, Portal, Portal 2, Half Life 1+2 (and the following episodes), Half Life Deathmatch, Minecraft, The Sims 3, Spiral Knights (only discovered it a few days ago. It's epic :D)

There are alot more, but i'm excluding the rarer/older ones. Also, most of those listed above can be purchased on steam. :)

Everything on ark's list but the Half-Life games, The Sims, and Spiral Knights.

Well, any PC gamer should have more then one Valve game, but I'll list some of my favourites;

Team Fortress 2 Great multiplayer shooter, and its free. What else is there to say?

Half Life 2 Oh man. This has to be one of my favourite FPSs of all time. It's not like those other FPS which is get from point A to point B but make sure you don't die. In this game there are puzzles, similar to Zelda but alot easier, and physics based. And with guns.

Portal 1/2 These games are one of the most innovative games that I have ever played. I think Portal 1 is free for one or two weeks, so pick it up!

Garry's Mod This is a Source engine mod, meaning that you need any Source engine game for it to work. i.e. Half Life 2 and it's episodes, Counter Strike Source, Team Fortress 2, etc. With this game you can enter any map from the games that you have, spawn any prop, enimy, NPC, and weapon and just do what ever you want. The only downside is that if you download a map, weapon, NPC that uses resources from a game you don't have, you will get many errors. So buy the game that is has to do with things you like, i.e. if you want to download modern combat weapons, maps, etc, get Counter Strike Source. If you like World War II, get Day of Defeat Source. If you like Sci-Fi, get Half Life 2 and its episodes.

I can run all those games with a Pentium 4 processor, so it shouldn't be too hard on your computer. Oh yeah, all of those games are on Steam. :D

Byrne

Waterloo
I have a few....

STAR WARS : EMPIRE AT WAR: gold pack

PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN : ONLINE

THE FORCE UNLEASHED

Dan

Oblivion (Steam)
Fallout 3 (Steam)
Fallout New Vegas (Steam)
Divinity 2
^Very good Rpgs

Just Cause 2 (Steam)
Half life 2 (steam)
Unreal tournament 99 (Steam)
Unreal tournament 2004 (Steam)
Portal 2 (Steam)
Magika (Steam)
left 4 dead 2 (Steam)
Psychonauts (Steam)
Super Meat Boy (Steam)
Deus ex (Steam)
Borderlands (Steam)
Garrys mod (Steam)
Unreal (Steam)

Look them up and see if you like them or not.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
The Sims 3

This! Its a game about life! You can create your own towns, people, stories, anything! The series itself addicting though... which is good. But, to get the full enjoyment of The Sims 3 since its the most recent series; I would suggest purchasing a few stuff packs and maybe one additional expansion pack. They're not expensive, but after a while you'll probably get bored of playing in the same city. Here's the website if you would like to look for yourself: http://www.thesims3.com/

LordFire

King of Fire
I might as well say which P.C. games I own already... I'll edit it above so new people will see it...

Starcraft II
Warcraft III - Reign of Chaos
Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne
Portal
Portal 2
Portal: Prelude
Half Life
Half Life: Source
Half Life Deathmatch: Source
Half Life: Blue Shift
Half Life: Opposing Force
Half Life 2