• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GameXplain Videos on Xenoblade Chronicles X SPOILERS!!!

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
These videos contain spoilers from the upcoming game Xenoblade Chronicles X on the Wii U. If you do not want to be spoiled by the story, characters, and so on, then do not watch. You've been warned.

We Played Xenoblade Chronicles X for 2-Hours - Hands-On PREVIEW

Want to avoid story spoilers? Skip past these sections!
1:09 - 1:22
5:54
- 6:14
10:24
- end

10-Minutes of Xenoblade Chronicles X - Intense Battle & Cutscene (Gameplay - Some Spoilers!)

10 More Minutes of Xenoblade Chronicles X - Boss Battle & Cutscene (Gameplay - SPOILERS!)

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Cruisin' the World in a Skell to Sweet Tunes -- We go high! (Gameplay)

Xenoblade Chronicles X - New Chapter Cutscene w/ TONS of Voice Acting (Some Spoilers!)

Xenoblade Chronicles X: Flying a Skell out of New LA & Being Stomped by a Decapitated Dino @ Night

Xenoblade Chronicles X: On-foot Battles & Skell Exploration at Morning, Day, & Night

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Exploring Black Steel in a Skell & Battling Giant Creatures

40 Hours with Xenoblade Chronicles X - Derrick's Spoiler-Free Impressions (Preview)

Xenoblade Chronicles X - First Hour

Last edited:

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I saw the one with the "intense battle" looked pretty boring to me. But if I can still play throughout the story with my friends online, that'd be cool.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I saw the one with the "intense battle" looked pretty boring to me. But if I can still play throughout the story with my friends online, that'd be cool.
Notice how many "Failure" marks appeared in the video. The reviewer was under a lot of duress and accordingly had trouble choosing which action was appropriate. Interesting enough, this isn't at all like watching a movie--the intensity factor will come from implementing an effective strategy via the battle palette, so it's going to be grounded on gameplay all the way through. By itself, the animation looked sluggish since the fight took place in a clunky mecha suit, so that's to be expected.

Nonetheless, whenever I first watched a gameplay video on the original Xenoblade, I also thought it looked boring. It wasn't until I bought the game and played it for myself that I found out how engaging it actually was. Trust me, this isn't at all like Zelda where pressing buttons does a preprogrammed move; you'll be selecting from a menu like in any RPG, but the combat is in real time. And following the original's pattern it's going to be extremely intense, especially in boss battles or against higher-leveled foes.

Yeah, the online missions are going to be awesome. Maybe we can exchange Nintendo IDs by the time this hits the shelves.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
We could always set up a thread for NNIDs and start exchanging them now. The only thing I fear is that Xenoblade Chronicles X will take a cue from Triforce Heroes and region lock the servers, but chances are I'm just fretting over nothing.

I checked out some of the videos (I'm trying to stay as spoiler free as I possibly can), but I'm pretty impressed by what I see. Also this is totally off topic, I think I heard Sam Rigel voicing Tots/Tatsu!

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Yeah, the online missions are going to be awesome. Maybe we can exchange Nintendo IDs by the time this hits the shelves.
We could always set up a thread for NNIDs and start exchanging them now. The only thing I fear is that Xenoblade Chronicles X will take a cue from Triforce Heroes and region lock the servers, but chances are I'm just fretting over nothing.
I'm ready whenever you guys are, granted I can't give you guys my Nintendo Network ID yet, since I don't own a Wii U yet, but if you guys want to put up a Wii U friend code exchange thread in the group now, then I'm all for it. I will put in my NNID later, when I get the system and the game. Also don't worry selicyc, if it can work for Splatoon, it can work for Xenoblade. So don't worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom