• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gamestop's Placeholder Skyward Sword Release Date Has Been Pushed to November.

Sgt. Backwash

JEALOUSY
Zelda_Skyward_Sword_Release_Date.jpg
Source.

I know we were never given a definite date, and that this one should be taken with a grain of salt, but this is farther off than I was expecting.

I'm not going to jump the gun, but we may end up waiting even longer. Hopefully we'll at least see something at GDC to hold us over.

Well, Gamestop is never too reliable with this kind of thing, but you never know. I wouldn't mind a Summer release, but come on! Late fall? As long as it makes this game legendary, then I can bare the wait.

A Man VS. Wild game? Sounds interesting.

Yes it does! Oh man, Bear Grylls is one of my heroes.

Deku-Jack

The Garo Master
Well, Gamestop is never too reliable with this kind of thing, but you never know. I wouldn't mind a Summer release, but come on! Late fall? As long as it makes this game legendary, then I can bare the wait.

Yes it does! Oh man, Bear Grylls is one of my heroes.

Oh please, he stages everything practically. He was caught at some point. if you want a real show, watch Survivorman. Now that's good stuff.

And don't trust Gamestop, they only know as much as we do.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Oh please, he stages everything practically. He was caught at some point. if you want a real show, watch Survivorman. Now that's good stuff.

And don't trust Gamestop, they only know as much as we do.

Agreed on both terms. I barely trust Gamestop, plus they never give me enough money for trade-ins.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Oh boy..... so it's getting delayed even more? Well, it seemed inevitable that a delay was to happen, but still, it's not a solid real release date. We can't be too sure if this is for real, some people, including I, have asked GameStop about Skyward Sword's release date, and the release dates are pretty far-fetched if you ask me, such as random different ones like April, June and so on. Seeing how GameStop suddenly says it's a March release, then push it to all the way to the near end of 2011, and we haven't heard nothing (barely) about Skyward Sword from Nintendo, saying that it's officially delayed all the way to November (strange), this is probably unlikely. To take this release date as a real one has little chances of being a real one. Don't worry though, Nintendo will say something... soon!
If not then we'll have to wait 'till E3.
Looks like Nintendo couldn't keep their promise of a early release this time... sigh~*
Ah well, give 'em more time, I say. Better take time on it than to rush it eh?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
wow, that was unexpected coming from Gamestop. It's not completely unbelieveable though. They were originally hoping for late 2010, and several previous Zelda games have been delayed one year (e.g. TP, PH). I don't know why they would make such a drastic change (March to November) without some reason.
I'll be visiting Gamestop over the weekend to pick up some shiny Enteis; maybe I'll ask them if they expect it as early as March or as late as November.

Oh please, he stages everything practically. He was caught at some point.

They don't stage everything, but some things they have to stage. It's not a big deal. I don't care if he didn't actually stay the night in a bed cobras, or whatever crazy thing. He still knows his stuff. The point of Man Vs. Wild is not to see if he can do it, but to give you tips on how to survive. I agree that survivor man is good, but that show is actually about seeing if Les Stroud can stay out there for a set amount of time. They are two different shows, and it's not like you have to pick a side. Some people don't get that I guess.

Back on topic. I'm not set on any date until Nintendo gives it. It just worried me that Gamestop changed the date that drastically.

wow, that was unexpected coming from Gamestop. It's not completely unbelieveable though. They were originally hoping for late 2010, and several previous Zelda games have been delayed one year (e.g. TP, PH). I don't know why they would make such a drastic change (March to November) without some reason.
I'll be visiting Gamestop over the weekend to pick up some shiny Enteis; maybe I'll ask them if they expect it as early as March or as late as November.

I don't think we're going to have to wait THAT long. However, I'm kinda hoping it will be released in early August so I won't have to buy it myself.

LOL you guys think Nintnedo wouldn't do this to us... One name for you "Twilight Princess" Delayed a year from its original release date... Went From November to April to November.

Why novemeber, Christmas sales of course. I think its likely they are being truthful with us, and given Nintendo's past habits I think its an accurate guess at that.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
God, are you serious!? I thought that I'd only have to wait until 2011 to ear something, anything, but november thats just... Wait a second gamestop doesn't know anything more than we do, they're just pushing back the latest possible release date, since we've had no word from Nintendo. Let's just all be patient...

Hold me over with a new epic trialer at GDC to get the hype train moving. The game will be legendary if it continues with its delays, but I want to get more excited, and last year's E3 presentation just wasn't on par with the 2004 reveal.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Well, if the game really is delayed but not all the way to November, maybe we'll see something new at E3! Just a speculation of mine.
Still, this whole "November release" seems like a one of GameStop's random release date guesses. But hey, that's just me. But really, let's not take this release date for granted people, we should jump to conclusions when Nintendo says something.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
GameStop is incredibly unreliable. Last year in May they told me "The Legend Of Zelda Wii" was going to be released in November 2010, seeing as this was before the game even had a title I positive just like this release date its nothing more than a place holder. However I really wish we would get some sort of news about Skyward Sword, even if its a screen shot or two I just want to know SS exists!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom