• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games You've Given Up on Completing

Isaac

Doesn't have internet
2 games that stick out for me are Mass effect 1, and Gears of War.

I played both after my group of friends highly recommended them, and I just didn't enjoy them. I didn't quit because they were too difficult, I quit because I didn't enjoy them. I guess I'm just not a big fan of the sci-fi genre.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Metroid for the NES. I just... that game intentionally doesn't want you to have a clue what the frick you're doing or where you're going or where you've been... I've sat down before and said alright, I'm gonna beat this game. And then the first time I die, I realize I accomplished absolutely nothing, so I just quit

Metroid for the NES. I just... that game intentionally doesn't want you to have a clue what the frick you're doing or where you're going or where you've been... I've sat down before and said alright, I'm gonna beat this game. And then the first time I die, I realize I accomplished absolutely nothing, so I just quit

When all else fails, use a walkthrough. I'm not ashamed to admit I need walkthroughs for a game sometimes. ;)

ssbawesome

The Eigth Sage
I was determined to beat Diablo 2, but I just can't stand that game anymore. It requires too much grinding for me and I've now learned that I extremely dislike hack-n-slash games.

Yeah, I think people are orgasming over it so much because it's a Naughty Dog game. They seem to get a free pass for pretty much anything -- even lying about how their game's AI was going to be. NO REVIEWER mentioned this!

Yeah, I know. Either their getting paid off by the publishing company to give them high scores (seen some accusations here and there) or they are fanboying real hard. Either way, almost every review I have seen on this game has been a 10/10, only a couple giving it a fair score of 7.5 or 8.0, and those sites got totally crapped on too. It's like big review sites are afraid to say the truth just to save face.

The AI was indeed horrendous, level design was average, and controls were real clunky. I played more of the Remastered version on the PS4 at my friend's place and I have even seen low res textures in some places, particularly the background and buildings you couldn't get in to but could see up ahead. It's like they got lazy and didn't want to patch everything up and just wanted to re-release it for the quick buck because they know it'll sell well.

Another game popped into my mind that I had trouble with: Glover for the Nintendo 64. I didn't even get passed the first world in that. The controls were really stiff, the camera angle was horrible, the level design was real weird and i felt some locations looked like they were still in the beta stage, and the game was never clear on what you had to do, particularly during boss fights. What pisses me off more is that I bought that game for $50.

I also rented Superman 64 once too, expecting it to be one epic game. Holy crap, 10 minutes into the game and I couldn't take it anymore. I immediately went back to Blockbuster and demanded to exchange for another game.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Metroid Prime - I cannot for the life of me beat the final boss when it enters the second phase of the battle.

Metroid Prime 2 - No matter what I did, I could not get past that boss where you had to roll around in a side scrolling maze in ball form the whole time.
Metroid Prime 2 - ^ I am at the exact same point on my save file. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Metroid Prime Hunters - I don't remember why I stopped with this one. It might have had something to do with the control scheme. I like neither the classic nor touch controls of this game.
Metroid Prime 3 - A quirk of mine is that I won't play/watch anything out of order so until the previous GCN titles have been beaten, this one remains unplayed and in a sense can be considered given up on. I made an exception for the second game as all I had left with the first was the final boss.

That's all really. Usually I persevere as many times as it takes, but I've had both Metroid games since they were released and I still can't finish them. I feel like that ship sailed long ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom