• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games You've Given Up on Completing

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
That's a shame, I found the fetch quest in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption to be the best in the trilogy by a considerable margin. This is mainly just for the fact you can get the required amount as you progress through the game, instead of backtracking to every area with vague "hints" near the conclusion of the game like its two predecessors. Of course if you happen to have missed most of them, then this doesn't matter, although backtracking in Corruption isn't as bad, I believe. I'm extremely surprised I bothered to complete Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, honestly, its fetch quest was an absolute terrible chore.

well,i'll probably return to the game eventually,but i'll likely start a new save b/c going back to look for the ones i missed is not gonna be fun unless i had a guide of some sort

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Adventure of Link -couldn't reach the last level.
Halo Wars - Boring beyond all reason
Final Fantasy XII - spoiled myself on the ending and had a much better time with the sequel.
Metroid Prime 1 - Game disk must have been bad because it locked up so bad I couldn't get anywhere.
Metroid Prime 2 - No matter what I did, I could not get past that boss where you had to roll around in a side scrolling maze in ball form the whole time.

Those are a few that stand out. I don't usually give up on games. I usually get games I know I will finish.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Devil May Cry 2. I started playing it after DMC1 (on the HD Collection), and at a point started asking myself, "Why am I playing this slop when I could be playing DMC3?" So I did just that.

Super Mario Sunshine. I've never even owned this game, actually, but the reason behind it is because I played it at a friend's house for a while and just didn't like it. At all. I thought the controls were fine, but everything else was just... bleh. Cleaning away all the filth felt like a representation of what needed to be done to the level design.

Those are the only two that come to mind immediately. I'm not usually one to give up on playing a game -- I'm the guy who forced his way through Sonic 2006 just so I could say that I beat it.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Dozens of NES games that were soul-crushingly hard (8 Eyes, Code Name: Viper, and Ghosts n Goblins immediately come to mind).

Pretty much every game I started playing after 2005. About ten years ago, I quickly began to lose the ability to play games for more than a few hours at a time.

The Last of Us.

I was really excited to be able to play this supposed "Masterpiece." I definitely wasn't prepared for the generic/boring story and frustratingly annoying combat mechanics. I quit a few hours in because I got annoyed and bored.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I started to play Sonic Unleashed... but I kind of given up on that because I realized I only like playing as the Were-Sonic, and they ask for me to do too many normal Sonic levels. I don't like them as much, which is odd for me to say, since I like many sonic games. I guess I just prefer that game with a 'God-Of-War'-style gameplay.

youpster900

Pottery=Mortal Enemy!
Kirby Mass Attack : Like many , it's not my thing. I prefer taking powers.

Paper Mario Sticker Stars: Paper mario I love , TTYD was my second favourite game as a kid and super was alright , but sticker star , I don't know why , but I hate it.

I am not sure if you know this game , but it is spongebob battle for bikini bottom: Oh boy what an underrated gem , but it is one of the hardest games of all time , when I first played this I was 6 and recently I thought to myself: "I was a kid at that time , I know I can beat it without any problems know" but alas I can barely do the game normally (by that I mean with the lowest amount of collectables) but I know one day I will complete it 100%

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm sure there are others but two of the main ones that come to mind are Resistance 3 and Killzone 3.

I bring up these two because, at the time, I was a big fan of both series'. I also highly anticipated both releases mainly because the rated the both previous entries very high (Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 are a couple of favourite games I played on the PS3). The thing is both of the sequels weren't actually that bad, in fact they were rather good, it's just that they felt too alike and I got to a point where I just couldn't be bothered to carry on.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Whistleblower DLC for Outlast. Screw that game and screw the developers, they clearly hate me and I hate them! Naked guy chasing me around with a saw, NOT COOL!

The Last of Us.

I was really excited to be able to play this supposed "Masterpiece." I definitely wasn't prepared for the generic/boring story and frustratingly annoying combat mechanics. I quit a few hours in because I got annoyed and bored.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks that about the game. I played it when it released at my friends house and he was so hyped about it, but when we started playing and we saw the story unfold, I really got turned off by the game. Not to mention the controls felt really clunky.

Even my other friend that got the Remastered version thinks so. He started playing last night and he was saying how linear it is, and how he doesn't see himself touching it after he beats it. He was also kind of annoyed with the generic zombie story line as well.

It's a good game and all, just really overrated.

Oh, but here's another game I completely gave up on: Grand Theft Auto 4.

After being a loyal GTA fan and having played all the other games at the time, I really expected a lot from GTA 4. But half way through the game I just got really irritated by the boring subplots, not to mention the game was glitchey and poorly optimized on the PC. Even the multiplayer did not add much. I'm thankful Rockstar added the progression system and the variety of fun side events you can do in GTA 5. GTA 5's story is also a bit tolerable, at least from what I've seen when I played at my cousin's house.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks that about the game. I played it when it released at my friends house and he was so hyped about it, but when we started playing and we saw the story unfold, I really got turned off by the game. Not to mention the controls felt really clunky.

Even my other friend that got the Remastered version thinks so. He started playing last night and he was saying how linear it is, and how he doesn't see himself touching it after he beats it. He was also kind of annoyed with the generic zombie story line as well.

It's a good game and all, just really overrated.

Yeah, I think people are orgasming over it so much because it's a Naughty Dog game. They seem to get a free pass for pretty much anything -- even lying about how their game's AI was going to be. NO REVIEWER mentioned this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom